Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booked Z class on LH, but change to P

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2018, 4:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QR Privilege Club (Gold), Aegean M+B (Gold), Hilton Honors Gold, Mariott Bonvoy Gold Elite
Booked Z class on LH, but change to P

I was wondering what happens if I book an intra Europe flight on LH for which I pay D class tickets, but the flight for some unpredictable reason/weather or whatever changes such that I get rebooked to another flight in, say, P class.

Do I still get the miles that I initially paid for? Or do I just end up getting LH’d and thus get 0 points due to P? Any experiences?
Old Sep 1, 2018, 6:19 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
The keyword is original routing credit.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR Privilege Club (Gold), Aegean M+B (Gold), Hilton Honors Gold, Mariott Bonvoy Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Chiller3333
Thanks!
Old Sep 1, 2018, 10:51 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Normally this would not happen. If a flight has P availability, there would most likely also be D availability. And the normal way to handle rebookings is to rebook into the same (or higher) fare bucket. They don't pick the lowest available bucket by default.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 5:15 am

Programs: A3*G, SK*G
I don’t know if this is relevant. A couple of years ago I was to fly SAN-LAX-FRA on Z, the first leg operated by UA and the long-haul by LH. The UA flight was delayed by three hours, and I was sure not make it for my connection flight, so I was re-routed to FRA via EWR instead. The new booking was on P (both UA flights) which earned nada on M&B then. I tried calling A3 to sort this out, but nothing came out of it. I ended up crediting the miles on my EB account.

Originally Posted by Xandrios
Normally this would not happen. If a flight has P availability, there would most likely also be D availability. And the normal way to handle rebookings is to rebook into the same (or higher) fare bucket. They don't pick the lowest available bucket by default.
Yep, that sounds right.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 5:52 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: M&M FTL, Miles+Bonus Gold
all the time you can request the original routing credit, as someone mentioned in prev replies.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 12:29 pm

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by RCAQ01
I was wondering what happens if I book an intra Europe flight on LH for which I pay D class tickets, but the flight for some unpredictable reason/weather or whatever changes such that I get rebooked to another flight in, say, P class.

Do I still get the miles that I initially paid for? Or do I just end up getting LH’d and thus get 0 points due to P? Any experiences?
"getting LH'd" - something tells me this is not expected to be a good thing
Old Sep 5, 2018, 3:42 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by Chiller3333
A3 does not have to care about such a request.. What they hopefully also do!
If this happens, you need to deal with the OP airline, that they credit you the correct miles on your A3 M&B account, very simple!
Old Oct 1, 2018, 8:13 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
I had a similiar case (changed routing due to IRROPS from LH E to UA Y).
The flight didn't get credited automatically so I claimed the miles based on the original boarding pass and got them.
I know it's not A3's business, but when you use retrocredit it is the operating carrier that decides and LH seems to generally grant ORC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.