Lost bag items

Old Jul 10, 18, 7:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, OA Gold (in memoriam), Hertz #1 Gold
Lost bag items

Hi there,

I checked in two Tumi suitcases with aegean. From the big one they lost the bag strap and from the small one they opened to check it (i retained the sticker) and they threw away the tumi tsa lock. Both of them cost 50 gbp in total. I'm quite upset since it's not my fault. When I complained they replied with a generic response saying amongst the lines of "we need pictures of the broken bags"

Replied back but didn't get any answer.

Any ideas?
Old Jul 10, 18, 8:02 am

Programs: MSC (Miles Slut Club); Cunard- Diamond 300+; Princess- Elite 200+; RCCL- D Plus; QF LTG; CA P
If the bag is opened by Custom or Airport Security for random security check I am afraid you would have to bite the loss.

It is advisory to not have your check-in bag locked as random custom check or security check does happen. And if they can not open the bag because of no key or combination, they will destroy the lock. Airline is not responsible for such action. Some other people may not agree on this, but when I travel I would never lock my bag for this fear.

And, as a last word, I would strongly suggest you to check your bag every time you receive it in the luggage belt and if anything wrong, go directly to baggage claim before exit the secure area. You will get a better answer at the spot.
Old Jul 10, 18, 11:10 am

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver - renewed on only two sectors and no other OW flying, is BA desperate?.
Originally Posted by DrHalxx View Post
Hi there,

I checked in two Tumi suitcases with aegean. From the big one they lost the bag strap and from the small one they opened to check it (i retained the sticker) and they threw away the tumi tsa lock. Both of them cost 50 gbp in total. I'm quite upset since it's not my fault. When I complained they replied with a generic response saying amongst the lines of "we need pictures of the broken bags"

Replied back but didn't get any answer.

Any ideas?
Where did this happen?
Old Jul 10, 18, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, OA Gold (in memoriam), Hertz #1 Gold
ATH-LHR, ony realised it when I arrived home

Search this Thread