Search

Lounge in Prg

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2018, 8:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC, BA, Marriott, SPG
Lounge in Prg

Quick question, flying A3 from
PRG to ATH in Y but I am *Gold. Is there lounge access for me or is it reserved for just J passengers?
Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:55 am

Programs: A3 *G & FB G
Of course you can access the lounge with *G, in case you fly with a Star Alliance member.

You can find your possibilities over here:
https://www.staralliance.com/lounge-...=1529996036274
Old Jun 26, 2018, 1:41 am

Not entirely correct! If I remember well, the lounge used by A3 in Prague is NOT a *A lounge but a third party/contract one. Therefore, *G does not automatically allow you to use it as a Gold member. Of course, though, you can use it as a M+B Gold member if you fly A3, even in Y. I'm afraid that to get in you'll have to rely on the good will of the dragon and her/his understanding of potential contracts of other *A members (especially the one whose Gold member you are) with the lounge used by A3. At any rate, ws an M+B Gold member I was even allowed to bring in a guest.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 3:11 am

Originally Posted by KLouis
Not entirely correct! If I remember well, the lounge used by A3 in Prague is NOT a *A lounge but a third party/contract one. Therefore, *G does not automatically allow you to use it as a Gold member. Of course, though, you can use it as a M+B Gold member if you fly A3, even in Y. I'm afraid that to get in you'll have to rely on the good will of the dragon and her/his understanding of potential contracts of other *A members (especially the one whose Gold member you are) with the lounge used by A3. At any rate, ws an M+B Gold member I was even allowed to bring in a guest.
Thanks for the clarification.

The website of Star Alliance Lounge says that you can access Menzies Aviation Lounge (Schengen), which is indeed a contract lounge.
It clearly indicates that you can enter for flights with A3, SN and LO (showing logos of the 3 airlines).
In no way are they allowed to deny you if you fly A3 as M+B Gold if your flight is within the opening hours. If they do, they break the policy they agreed with Star Alliance.

The Lounge policy for contract lounges states the following (only relevant info is quoted)
Contract Lounges
As a Star Alliance Gold customer travelling on a Star Alliance flight departing from the local airport you have access to third party Contract Lounges contracted by the member airline on which you are travelling. Simply present your boarding pass for a flight departing from the local airport with a Star Alliance member airline flight that has a contract with that lounge. If your boarding pass does not carry the Star Alliance Gold indicator, you will need also to show a valid Star Alliance Gold card. You are entitled to a maximum of one guest, who must be travelling on the same Star Alliance flight as you are.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 4:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC, BA, Marriott, SPG
Thanks for replies and clarification, I had the same back and forth in my head regarding contract lounge and *G. I have a couple of priority pass passes that expire in August so that’s my backup plan. Hopefully *G works though.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 12:36 am

Programs: A3 *G
I've not used the PRG lounge but have used several other contact lounges when flying economy on A3 as M&B Gold. It really shouldn't be a problem. they're not usually up tot he standard of a proper *A Airline lounge, but that's another issue.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 5:26 pm

Programs: MR, AA, UA, DL, AVIS and growing
PRG Lounge

Originally Posted by seegs
Thanks for replies and clarification, I had the same back and forth in my head regarding contract lounge and *G. I have a couple of priority pass passes that expire in August so that’s my backup plan. Hopefully *G works though.
I've used Priority Pass to access both lounges(Erste & Menzies) in Prague.
First time I arrive in Prague early morning and went to Lounge before exiting airport and took a nice shower and drank few beers.
Pretty sure Terminal as it was a AMS-PRG flight.
It was on second floor and had 4 Budvar beers to try(original, strong, dark, alcohol-free). I liked strong the best.
I've tried both lounges and remember one is not as big or nice as the other but can't remember the name.

I fly to LHR to PRG in September, Terminal 1.

Since my ticket will be a Schenzen(LHR-PRG) I need to walk to Terminal 2 to use PP lounges(Menzies, Erste).

Wondering if anyone remembers which Lounge is best between Menzies & Erste?
And how easy to transfer between Terminal 1 to Terminal 2 so I can get into the PP lounges?
Notice Menzies says smart dress(no shorts).......

Wondering if anyone remembers which Lounge is best between Menzies & Erste ? Notice Menzies says smart dress(no shorts).......

Last edited by euromannn; Jun 28, 2018 at 5:42 pm
Old Jun 14, 2019, 9:22 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA1K B6 Mosaic 1, Amtrak Select, Marriott Plat , AMEX Plat (noted for club access reference)
Flying PRG-ZRH on LX, what lounge?

Flying PRG-ZRH on LX in J and have PP.

Erste Premier Lounge and Menzies Aviation Lounge are my options... Any recommendations, tips?

Thanks
Old Jun 15, 2019, 2:21 am

I have been to the Menzies in February. Quite small, nothing spectacular, limited food options (mostly sandwiches) but they do have gin tonic!
theboss7593 likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 7:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, Bonvoy Platinum Elite
I was in PRG three months ago, flying to ATH as an A3*G - I was also flying business class. Visited the Erste Premier Lounge.

It was quite early in the morning so the lounge was pretty much empty. There was a decent selection of finger food breakfast - some toasties, croissants, etc. as well as your standard coffee selection and free Wi-Fi.

Personnel was indifferent, view was poor as the runways were in a totally different side of the airport - I think...
Old Jul 4, 2019, 3:31 am

I am in the Menzies lounge on a Y ticket with A3 Gold. I was granted access but probably the worst lounge I ever visited in terms of food selection.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 11:40 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by unusualtravelblog
I am in the Menzies lounge on a Y ticket with A3 Gold. I was granted access but probably the worst lounge I ever visited in terms of food selection.
Inded nothing special, food is none but quick booze before flight never hurts. Agree it is shameful...
jerry_greece likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 11:29 am

I forgot to add that I tried to enter the Erste Premier lounge but was denied.
Old Nov 9, 2023, 2:39 pm

Hello all,

the lounge finder at Aegean website as well as in the Star Alliance App shows the Menzies Lounge for Prague as C Lounge. As I flew quite often from Prague last year and never noticed this lounge and checked in the web it seems to be closed. Do you know if there is any alternative (maybe Erste Premier Lounge) which is not mentioned on the homepage?

thanks!
Old Nov 10, 2023, 2:24 am

I quickly answer myself in case somebody has the same question in future: star alliance app and Aegean side seem to be not updated. I was allowed to enter the „business class lounge“ terminal 2 upstairs next to Erste Premier Lounge (but coming out of the elevator right hand side and not left hand side)
vectrox likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.