Wiki Posts
Search

Inter-Greek Island Award

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2018, 4:41 pm

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by LacMajeur
Which places, please?
Several of the smaller Olympic destinations. So not technically Aegean, but just as pertinent to the original discussion about getting good value from Miles & Bonus redemptions

The same is true for Naxos, Milos, Leros, Kithyra and probably others. It may be something to do with PSO routes, although it doesn't seem to apply to all of them. Skiathos and Zakynthos are PSO routes and have taxes of over 17 Euro.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 1:57 am

Skiathos and Zakynthos are PSO routes but also they belong to Fraport, so they have different taxes. Most PSO airport routes that OA3 operates (JIK, AOK, KIT, LRS, MLO, JNX, PAS, JSH, SKU) are still under public administration so the taxes are non-existent.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 3:05 am

Originally Posted by Knobbgb
The same is true for Naxos, Milos, Leros, Kithyra and probably others. It may be something to do with PSO routes, although it doesn't seem to apply to all of them. Skiathos and Zakynthos are PSO routes and have taxes of over 17 Euro.
Seems that this is mostly about flights done on short runways, with Bombardier Dash 8-100 that are understandably more expensive to operate given a capacity of 37 passangers.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 1:44 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by LacMajeur
Seems that this is mostly about flights done on short runways, with Bombardier Dash 8-100 that are understandably more expensive to operate given a capacity of 37 passangers.
Nah, I think jerry_greece pretty much sums it up. I don't know if the DHC8-100 are scheduled on any routes anymore other than the RHO-KZS. I think they use them mostly as spares. Of the PSO destinations mentioned above, they are all either Q400 or ATR42. (Interestingly I just noticed when checking that OA2 to AOK on Monday was 2hrs late and operated with an A320! I bet that was an interesting upgrade for the locals).
Old Jun 22, 2018, 10:16 am

DH1 are still used only on RHO-KZS (and they are deployed to ATH-LRS as well these busy months), although the prototype ATR42-600 made some flights to KZS from RHO/KGS so there might be something coming there...

The early morning flight to AOK was very common to be op. by 320 but since Sky Express entered the line, I guess competition keeps things as big as for DH4. Actually early morning flights are very common to be upgraded to 320 from DH4 (either regularly for the whole season e.g. EFL, ZTH) or due to demand - at that time it's easier to fetch a 320.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 7:18 am
Original Poster

Does anyone know if Olympic is bookable on chase UR? Im not seeing there flights show up there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.