Wiki Posts
Search

Is a 50 minute connection enough?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2018, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: united
Is a 50 minute connection enough?

I just booked JTH-ATH-FRA for the morning of August 21st (Olympic carries the JTH-ATH leg), Aegean the ATH-FRA) and now I'm wondering if 50 minutes is enough time. Do you know if the Olympic branded and Aegean branded gates are close? I presume we won't have to exit and go back through security since it's a through flight, but please let me know if I'm wrong. Thanks!!!
Old Jun 5, 2018, 6:43 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
You should be fine if everything is on time - assuming it's all one ticket and bags are checked through. Even if you miss the ATH-FRA leg, since you're flying in the morning you'll have plenty of other flights you could catch to FRA. The Santorini flight will likely be a bus gate, which will bring you into the first floor of the Schengen gates, you would just need to get to the FRA gate, which should be close (likely upstairs).
bariww likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 5:21 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
I have done this connection before and it was fine, I even had time to see the lounge.
bariww likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 3:14 pm

Programs: A3 gld, BA bron, KL silv, 6C plat, EH silv, EM, GT, HY, NH, NS, RT, SH, SW gold, BW, WY
I've done many a 50 or 60 minute connection in both directions where one of the flights was non-Schengen (i.e. involved a passport check) and the incoming flight arrived up to 20 minutes late and still have never missed a connection. Of course, there's always a first time.

If you are really tight, ask someone to direct you. The airport signs are not that great and have a tendency of leading you 75% of the way to where you need to be then disappearing from the last 25%.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 4:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: united
Originally Posted by dcmike
You should be fine if everything is on time - assuming it's all one ticket and bags are checked through. Even if you miss the ATH-FRA leg, since you're flying in the morning you'll have plenty of other flights you could catch to FRA. The Santorini flight will likely be a bus gate, which will bring you into the first floor of the Schengen gates, you would just need to get to the FRA gate, which should be close (likely upstairs).
Thank you! I booked JTR -ATH - FRA on UA.com and have a separate ticket for FRA - IAH. Do you know if I can interline bags JTR - IAH?
Old Jun 26, 2018, 8:57 pm

A3 is not obliged to check your luggage through to IAH if you fly with a different ticket. Still, they've always been helpful to me in similar cases when the "connecting" flight was a *A one. You have to have checked-in already, though, and printed your boarding card.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 9:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
A bit tight for my liking, but as long as you have your credit card ready, you should be fine!
Old Jun 27, 2018, 2:40 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Hi jacking the thread, I have a 40 minutes connection at SKG (STR-SKG-RHO), I will be hand baggage only obviously.
Easy peasy or should I be ready to stress ? I never connected at SKG so do not know the procedure. This will be lunch time on a Saturday in October, so low season.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 9:32 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by fransknorge
Hi jacking the thread, I have a 40 minutes connection at SKG (STR-SKG-RHO), I will be hand baggage only obviously.
Easy peasy or should I be ready to stress ? I never connected at SKG so do not know the procedure. This will be lunch time on a Saturday in October, so low season.
One ticket?
Old Jun 27, 2018, 1:29 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Yes, one ticket, I should have préciser this important point. A3 metal all way.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by fransknorge
Yes, one ticket, I should have préciser this important point. A3 metal all way.
A 40 min. connection was absolutely possible before the airport was taken over by Fraport. I mention that because there were some structural changes made over the last year, but I doubt that these led to connections being less efficient. Still, if A3 issued the ticket, this means that it's still doable (no MCT issues).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.