Getting on UA upgrade list with A3*G

Old May 25, 18, 6:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, LH FTL, VS Red, Avis Preferred, Hertz President's Circle, (RIP Diamond Club)
Getting on UA upgrade list with A3*G

A couple of times when travelling in the US I've added my name to the upgrade list for UA flights with my A3*G card. Always disappointing to see yourself ranked 58/61. Has anyone had any luck getting an upgrade on a UA flight this way?
Old May 26, 18, 8:52 am

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
How can you add yourself to he upgrade list without having a MP number attached to the reservation?
Old May 26, 18, 8:56 am

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by roberino View Post
A couple of times when travelling in the US I've added my name to the upgrade list for UA flights with my A3*G card. Always disappointing to see yourself ranked 58/61. Has anyone had any luck getting an upgrade on a UA flight this way?
With A3*G, you're not eligible for the UA Unlimited Domestic Upgrades: https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly.../upgrades.html
Old May 26, 18, 6:07 pm

Programs: A3*G, AC
I'd be quite interested to find out how you're getting on the upgrade list, actually. Even right at the back of the list is better than nothing, given how I've spent far more time on UA lately than I'd like to admit.
Old May 27, 18, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, LH FTL, VS Red, Avis Preferred, Hertz President's Circle, (RIP Diamond Club)
Originally Posted by DJ Bitterbarn View Post
I'd be quite interested to find out how you're getting on the upgrade list, actually. Even right at the back of the list is better than nothing, given how I've spent far more time on UA lately than I'd like to admit.
It was at least 5 years ago, and I just asked.
Old May 28, 18, 1:21 pm

Programs: A3*G, AC
It was at least 5 years ago, and I just asked.
That actually may work, hmmm. I'll have to give it a try next time.
Old May 28, 18, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Always disappointing to see yourself ranked 58/61.
Regardless how you got yourself on the list, 58/61 was not disappointing.

1/x is always the most disappointing.
Tokyoite likes this.
Old May 28, 18, 10:13 pm

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
They can't put you on the upgrade list with non UA status. You will be lucky if you can get an economy plus seat for free the day of the flight as a *A gold.
Old May 28, 18, 10:23 pm

Programs: NZ *G
Not surprising with E+ as that is not and never has been a *G benefit... Yes, it used to be fairly normal..... I know..... As to the UG list, I had a GA try very hard to get me (NZ *G) onto the list..even though I kept telling her I wasn't eligible! Had to appreciate the effort though...
Old May 28, 18, 11:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nk15 View Post
They can't put you on the upgrade list with non UA status. You will be lucky if you can get an economy plus seat for free the day of the flight as a *A gold.
E+ FOC: 3/6 on my January trip and 4/6 on my May trip. Just gotta ask nicely.

Search this Thread