Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Terrible miles earnings on LH flights

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2018, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by yurtripper
Sure thing, but be aware that in Polonez I only drink champers
Posh lad! I'll stick with the lager - as someone who's used to drink Carling before Blackburn matches (oh the good-old-days) and having worked for a Burton-based company (with lovely views on the Coors factory's storage tanks ) for several years, I guess that's still an upgrade

G

Last edited by AlicorporateUK; May 10, 2018 at 1:12 pm Reason: spelling.
Old May 10, 2018, 2:40 pm
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: M&M FTL, Miles+Bonus Gold
haha, I am *A Silver on M&M (LOT) and on Sunday, May 13, will fly thru WAW on my way to LHR, I know that with *A Silver I have access to Polonez, but AFAIK that lounge is in Schengen area, is there any other lounge in non-Schengen I am allowed in? sorry for OT
Old May 10, 2018, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by GBobon
haha, I am *A Silver on M&M (LOT) and on Sunday, May 13, will fly thru WAW on my way to LHR, I know that with *A Silver I have access to Polonez, but AFAIK that lounge is in Schengen area, is there any other lounge in non-Schengen I am allowed in? sorry for OT
Bolero is the LOT* lounge in the non-Schengen area and I'm not entirely sure you are allowed access I'm afraid (possibly not) but, if you have plenty of time between flights, I'd just clear passports and head to the business lounge (i.e. Polonez), which is always worth a visit

*As of used by LOT together with all the remaining airlines departing from the non-Schengen wing.

P.S.: which service you're on (or what time you'll be transiting perhaps)? I'm travelling on Sunday and in case I can guest you.

G

Last edited by AlicorporateUK; May 10, 2018 at 3:01 pm
Old May 11, 2018, 3:44 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I think you're out of luck with Bolero, the non-Schengen lounge, but all of us based at WAW are waiting for the new non-Schengen LO Business lounge to open (was supposed to be operating by now but you know how these things drag on).
AlicorporateUK likes this.
Old May 11, 2018, 4:48 am

Originally Posted by yurtripper
all of us based at WAW are waiting for the new non-Schengen LO Business lounge to open
Second half of May (which is fastly approaching), the latest I heard (I doubt that's the case, but...).

G
Old May 11, 2018, 6:25 am

@AlicorporateUK, Bolero is not accepted for Silver (at least that what star alliance app says)... I will fly from OTP on Sunday early morning and unfortunately I have only 1h layover, is not enough to clear the security, visit the lounge and then run again to the gate... LO644 + LO281
Old May 11, 2018, 7:26 am

Definitely an early start for you there, my flight to Belgrade is not until midday so I will not be at the airport that early I'm afraid.

That said, I hope you have a smooth connection here in WAW

G
Old May 11, 2018, 7:34 am

I always had smooth connections there... many of them were 35min from domestic to non-schengen... I will start so early because I have to catch my ride to SIN and from there to AKL...
Old Aug 30, 2018, 8:40 pm

Programs: A3, AA, AC, AS, DL, NH, SQ, SK, UA; BW, CP, HH, IHG, MB
Crediting LH segments to other FFP

Bumping this thread up. So, I'm looking at mixed carrier J trips, where the intra-Europe segments are on LH. Since LH "P" earns zip on A3, I guess there are a few options for earning miles, and I'd appreciate some help/advice.
  1. Attach A3 number to reservation as usual. Once the flights post to A3, I request credit for the LH "P" segments with another *A program. My concern with this is whether or not the LH flight will show up as "credited" to A3 and thus get denied from earning in the other program. Anyone have any experiences?
  2. Don't attach any FF numbers. Request retro credit for everything - submit non-LH flights to A3 and the LH flights to another *A program. But, I'm worried about the time it would take for the retro-credit to actually post. Also, I'd lose out on (or, at the very least, have a harder time getting) *G benefits - primarily guest lounge access, but also access to SEN lounges and IRROPS handling.
  3. Attach A3 number to the non-LH flights only and the *A number to LH flights. While I'd still have the same *G issues, is this even possible?

Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 30, 2018, 9:29 pm

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by Tennen
Bumping this thread up. So, I'm looking at mixed carrier J trips, where the intra-Europe segments are on LH. Since LH "P" earns zip on A3, I guess there are a few options for earning miles, and I'd appreciate some help/advice.
  1. Attach A3 number to reservation as usual. Once the flights post to A3, I request credit for the LH "P" segments with another *A program. My concern with this is whether or not the LH flight will show up as "credited" to A3 and thus get denied from earning in the other program. Anyone have any experiences?
  2. Don't attach any FF numbers. Request retro credit for everything - submit non-LH flights to A3 and the LH flights to another *A program. But, I'm worried about the time it would take for the retro-credit to actually post. Also, I'd lose out on (or, at the very least, have a harder time getting) *G benefits - primarily guest lounge access, but also access to SEN lounges and IRROPS handling.
  3. Attach A3 number to the non-LH flights only and the *A number to LH flights. While I'd still have the same *G issues, is this even possible?

Thanks in advance!
I've retro-credited non earning LH frlights to ANA previously, after having traveled with my A3 number attached and earning zero. It works fine.
Tennen likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 9:34 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
Same here.
I always enter my A3 number when flying LH and retrocredit to Miles and More after flying.
No problems so far
Old Aug 31, 2018, 4:18 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
This is why I almost have a NO fly with LH and LO when possible.
Last week a 300 euros one way economy ticket, they credited 127 miles... big pain ))
Old Aug 31, 2018, 4:24 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by frenchft
This is why I almost have a NO fly with LH and LO when possible.
Last week a 300 euros one way economy ticket, they credited 127 miles... big pain ))
Is this not letting the tail wag the dog?
Old Aug 31, 2018, 11:37 am

Programs: A3*G LH*G
Originally Posted by Tennen
I guess there are a few options for earning miles, and I'd appreciate some help/advice.
My standard procedure, always works fine. M&M willingly credits flights 'rejected' by other loyalty programs.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 12:04 am

Programs: Miles & Bonus (A3), Miles & More (LH)
I have a LH-booked trip coming up this September, as follows:

ATH-MUC (fare class “Q”, operated by A3 metal)
MUC-HAM (fare class “Q”)

and

HAM-MUC (fare class “Z”, upgraded from “H”)
MUC-ATH (fare class “I”, upgraded from “H”)

Which FFP should I use to credit miles ? LH’s Miles & More or A3’s Miles & Bonus ?

Of course the last leg gives nothing under any of the two.

Thanks in advance

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.