Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Changes in SAS Baggage Allowance Affects A3*G members

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2018, 2:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3G

I am hoping the team at A3 Miles+Bonus will let all members know of changes in SAS "Light" fare conditions.
I only caught the news when I visited the SAS website for something else.
Essentially, from May 7, 2018 no benefits for any checked 23kgs baggage in Go Light. No exceptions not even for SAS's own FFP.
Various conditions regarding already booked tickets are outlined in this link: https://www.flysas.com/en/eurobonus/...fit/?id=243717

PS: I am placing this message here instead of the SAS/Eurobonus thread as I wish to draw attention of the A3 team...
headingwest and rava.stuff like this.

Last edited by GeorgieBoy4; Apr 2, 2018 at 2:11 am Reason: after thought
Old Apr 2, 2018, 4:36 am

Thanks for the heads up. I fly SK quite a bit but 99% in SK Plus so wont apply to me.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 8:58 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Just did a couple of sectors (WAW-CPH-BHX) in SK Go Light and when I presented one of my bags for check-in (as *G) the agent was insistent that I had no free bags because my fare was Go Light.
I then explained that the policy only applied from May 7 and that my ticket had been booked and paid for in November, long before the new rules were announced. After a bit of tut-tutting she admitted that I could check the bag for free. I thought it quite bizarre that she was so poorly informed but the whole check-in was chaotic - one of the 2 lines for Priority/Premium pax was blocked by a Canadian family who had a lifetime's worth of luggage to check in; the other line was taken up by a class of schoolchildren. I quickly realised that going to the single non-priority lane would be the quickest option.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 12:57 pm

I am not sure why A3 should let you know though...
Old Apr 2, 2018, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by jerry_greece
I am not sure why A3 should let you know though...
To be honest Star Alliance should send out an email via each program so in this case A3. We get sent plenty of rubbish via email but this is something that actually is of importance to many.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 9:54 pm

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
I didn't realise that *G provided a free bag on 'Go Light' fares, so have been buying Plus fares...

I'm not surprised at the SK change. This brings them into line with SN, LH, BA etc. I can see that A3 messaging could be helpful, but in fairness I don't recall any similar communication in respect of SN etc. I also expect it confuses the message that the passenger needs to satisfy themselves of the conditions of their travel. There would also be some risks if A3 get the message (about another airline's practices) wrong etc.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by Dan72
...[snip]...There would also be some risks if A3 get the message (about another airline's practices) wrong etc.
Do you really think that airlines (including A3) and their executives don't communicate with one another and wait to read something in FT in order to plan their policies?
Old Apr 2, 2018, 11:16 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Folks, whilst I understand the motives behind posting this, it really does not have anything to do with A3 and therefore is not appropriate for this forum. If we discussed every action by an airline in every forum on FT that would be affected by it then we’d have chaos!

I’m going to close the thread at this point, and ask that those who wish to contribute to the debate do so in the already substantial thread in the SK forum.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-...luggage-6.html

/mod

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.