Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

A3 begins charging for advance seat reservations - limited discount for A3*G

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A3 begins charging for advance seat reservations - limited discount for A3*G

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2019, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by Gnopps
For one of my flights I was automatically assigned a seat in the front even though the back had seats available. For the other flight not.

Is there anything I can do to automatically get seated in the front?
happened to me as well. Not sure what is the pattern.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 1:15 am

Programs: A3*G, SK*G
Alongside a slight change in departure time, the equipment of my upcoming connecting OA flight was switched from a DHC Q-series to an A319. My seat reservation for 2A was automatically changed to 14A, although the equipment change was the airline's decision. The most annoying part though is that I can't switch to a paid seat... In the "Edit seat" menu I am only given the option to change to a different free seat. The option to "Cancel" my seat reservation just forces me again to select a free seat. I suppose that the only way to purchase a seat with decent legroom is to give them a call.

It's remarkable that almost one-and-a-half year into the implementation of the paid seats setup their system still lacks basic functionality (i.e. switching from a free to a paid seat)...
Old Jun 12, 2019, 1:26 am

Well, nobody's perfect!
East_and_West likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 10:51 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
I am UA*G and have a UA award for next month, flying Aegean in economy (X) LHR-ATH-CAI on A321's.

When I look at my reservation on A3's website, there is no option shown to select a seat, not even a paid one, so is there any way of doing this in advance of checking in? This situation also applies to additional baggage.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 12:10 am

Programs: A3*G, SK*G
Originally Posted by Grace B
I am UA*G and have a UA award for next month, flying Aegean in economy (X) LHR-ATH-CAI on A321's.

When I look at my reservation on A3's website, there is no option shown to select a seat, not even a paid one, so is there any way of doing this in advance of checking in? This situation also applies to additional baggage.
This may have to do with your trip being booked through another airline. I have an upcoming multi-city booked through LH, and I am unable to select a seat on the A3-operated leg of the trip. There is simply no such option/button on the "Manage booking" page.

There is something broken with their seat selection system, which they don't seem to care fixing. The only way is to try contacting them, preferably over the phone. A couple of weeks ago I had to call them to select a paid seat on an one-leg flight, operated by A3 and booked directly through their website... The agent though was very friendly and efficient, and it was quite smooth and quick.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 10:49 am

I am feeling a bit unlucky lately, last 7 flights I have not managed to get even one upfront.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 2:14 am

Originally Posted by Anubis13
I am feeling a bit unlucky lately, last 7 flights I have not managed to get even one upfront.
Depends on what means you tried to achieve that.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 1:25 pm

Nothing, I just allow myself to try the algorithm of random seat distribution. Yes I know different ways of achieving it
Old Jul 25, 2019, 8:46 pm

Programs: A3
Originally Posted by East_and_West
This may have to do with your trip being booked through another airline. I have an upcoming multi-city booked through LH, and I am unable to select a seat on the A3-operated leg of the trip. There is simply no such option/button on the "Manage booking" page.

There is something broken with their seat selection system, which they don't seem to care fixing. The only way is to try contacting them, preferably over the phone. A couple of weeks ago I had to call them to select a paid seat on an one-leg flight, operated by A3 and booked directly through their website... The agent though was very friendly and efficient, and it was quite smooth and quick.
I have an A3-operated LH code share flight on an LH issued ticket. Calling to pick seats, I was told that I couldn't pick a paid upfront seat because they could not process my payment. I was able to pick seats in aisle 14 which was the closest row available. LH can't sell me seats and A3 can't sell me seats.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 1:45 pm
SK

I have an Athens - Chania flight in a couple of weeks. When originally booked, it was an A320 flight, but a few months ago it changed to a Dash-8. Ever since then, I cannot select or buy seats for this flight, getting the message:

Seat selection is not available

Seat reservations are not possible on this flight.

Is seat selection impossible for Dash-8 flights in general, or is there something "special" going on with this flight?
Old Jul 30, 2019, 11:55 am

So i have an aegean(operated by OA flight) and tge app let me choose row 1 without having to pay(extra legroom), the app shows all the seats free for me. I have the booking assigned to me will i have any problem at the gate? I prefer to avoid the you did not pay situation and move myself to the back to avoid the embarassement and the hussle of a non working app
Old Jul 30, 2019, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3 *G
So i have an aegean(operated by OA flight) and tge app let me choose row 1 without having to pay(extra legroom), the app shows all the seats free for me. I have the booking assigned to me will i have any problem at the gate? I prefer to avoid the you did not pay situation and move myself to the back to avoid the embarassement and the hussle of a non working app
It will be fine. If you're flying on a Q400, they don't charge extra for any of the seats. By "Aegean operated by Olympic" I'm guessing you mean IST, or there are one or two other such routes I think.
Anubis13 likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 2:08 pm

My flight is ATH-LXS flight number OA266 and it is the typical small around 80 seats aircraft. Left side of the aircraft starts from 1 to 21 and the right side starts from 2 to 21. Exits are only on the front. I do not know if that helps.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 2:33 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
My flight is ATH-LXS flight number OA266 and it is the typical small around 80 seats aircraft. Left side of the aircraft starts from 1 to 21 and the right side starts from 2 to 21. Exits are only on the front. I do not know if that helps.
As Knobbgb said, they do not charge for seats on that aircraft. It will be on the Dash8-Q400. You'll see that all the seats are 'standard', i.e. no charge.

https://www.olympicair.com/~/media/O...seats/DH4.ashx
Anubis13 likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 3:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3 *G
No there are also exits at the back and they always board from both front and back.

I think the front seats are still actually marked as "Extra Legroom" on the seating chart but can be selected for free.
Anubis13 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.