Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

A3 begins charging for advance seat reservations - limited discount for A3*G

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A3 begins charging for advance seat reservations - limited discount for A3*G

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2019, 6:09 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Knobbgb
1A DOES have a window but it's not where I'd choose to sit.....
Thanks very much Knobbgb for that very useful information. I've changed my selection to 2A. Having the space under the seat in front to put my backpack (I'll be travelling very light) is definitely another plus.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 7:35 am

Programs: Miles & Bonus (A3), Miles & More (LH)
Based on my experience with the Q400s it is not unusual to see row 1 being unoccupied more than 24 hours after the OLCI has commenced.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 9:27 am

When it comes to DH4 I usually prefer the last rows (20-21) since view from the window is unobstructed, less busy than first rows, quieter than front rows (it's actually when it gets Q) and you get to disembark first since they use both stairs.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 3:36 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, TK*G E+, ALL/Accor Plat
Originally Posted by fransknorge
I booked a couple of months ago FRA-SKG return, paid for upfront seat at 6 EUR each. Yesterday I used two coupons to upgrade to Business. I told the agent on the phone that I paid for the seats and she cut me short "The seats reservation fees are not refundable". I expressed my disappointment and we went forward with the upgrade.
Then after I tweeted publicly expressing the disappointment. Aegean twitter team contacted me. I emphasized that the seats were now free and Aegean could sell them again, effectively double dipping. Today they contacted me saying they refunded me the 12 EUR.

So I think that all of you in the same situation could push a bit on this, and hopefully Aegean will at least consider leaving those seats free for Gold.
After seeing your post, I decided to ask for a refund of an upfront seat booking fee on an ATH-TXL sector. This was upgraded for €80 using the Plusgrade 'Upgrade Challenge'. Their reply was as follows: 'According to our policy, the seat selection fee refund is foreseen only for involuntary seat changes, where passengers are re-allocated to non-equivalent seats (https:bit.ly/2IJBgYD). Therefore, in upgrade cases, after passenger's request, the fee for seat selection in Economy Class is indeed non-refundable, according to the relevant terms. However, as a goodwill gesture we do refund the relevant amount (6 Euros) to your payment card'.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 2:23 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Originally Posted by GBobon
It was already mentioned for couple of times, unlike LH ot TP, the ”premium” seats sold by A3 are not released for free at any moment.
Has TP started doing that? I flew them in long haul economy once two years ago, and they put two of us traveling together (both Star Golds) in middle seats together at the back of the aircraft...
Old Mar 22, 2019, 8:10 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: M&M FTL, Miles+Bonus Gold
Yes, for me it worked since december 2017 all the time but I tried it only on short-haul
Old Apr 5, 2019, 3:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Decided not to pay the fee for extra legroom, even though it's discounted for *G. Row 19 on A320. Wow. Super tight. Never again. Sad how A3 has changed over the years.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 8:46 pm

...The line it is drawn
The curse it is cast
The slow one now
Will later be fast
As the present now
Will later be past
The order is
Rapidly fadin'.
And the first one now
Will later be last
For the times they are a-changin'.

Anyway, I now often choose one of the aisle seats in the last row when I know for sure that we'll be bussed (e.g. HER, SKG). The legroom is not like in the first few rows, but I don't hit the back of the seat in front of me.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 2:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by KLouis
...The line it is drawn
The curse it is cast
The slow one now
Will later be fast
As the present now
Will later be past
The order is
Rapidly fadin'.
And the first one now
Will later be last
For the times they are a-changin'.

Anyway, I now often choose one of the aisle seats in the last row when I know for sure that we'll be bussed (e.g. HER, SKG). The legroom is not like in the first few rows, but I don't hit the back of the seat in front of me.
Me too, although for different reasons. It's nice to be able to recline to at least give a feel of more room knowing you're not being 'mean' to the person behind. I never recline normal economy seats at it just seems selfish in this day and age.
blackball and East_and_West like this.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by Knobbgb
Me too, although for different reasons. It's nice to be able to recline to at least give a feel of more room knowing you're not being 'mean' to the person behind. I never recline normal economy seats at it just seems selfish in this day and age.
Hah, I never thought of that since, like you, I never reclined the seat. Now you gave me a great idea for mt next flight.
Old May 24, 2019, 2:54 pm

Programs: A3*G, SK*G
OA turboprop seating

In the seat selection step during my booking process I got this seatmap:

So seats in rows 18 to 21 show as "up-front"... Apart from being kind of funny since they are the seats at the very back of the cabin, I don't remember this being the case last time I flew on OA metal (several months ago). Does this mean that the rear seats come with a wider pitch or is it just some kind of system glitch?

It's a DHC-8 400 flight next week (ATH-KGS, connecting from ARN) if that matters.
Old May 24, 2019, 10:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by East_and_West
In the seat selection step during my booking process I got this seatmap:

So seats in rows 18 to 21 show as "up-front"... Apart from being kind of funny since they are the seats at the very back of the cabin, I don't remember this being the case last time I flew on OA metal (several months ago). Does this mean that the rear seats come with a wider pitch or is it just some kind of system glitch?

It's a DHC-8 400 flight next week (ATH-KGS, connecting from ARN) if that matters.
I'd not noticed that before (although it doesn't really matter as they're free anyway). Since they always use both exits on the DHC-8 I guess up-front should be rephrased "Close to exit" or something, but it still doesn't explain why the real front seats aren't marked in the same way. I wonder if they've now done the same for the ATR seat maps as the rear exit is the ONLY regular exit.
Old May 25, 2019, 3:27 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
The odd thing is as well that seats in row 21 are definitely not the best. No recline for example (I don't care about that personally, but many do).
Old Jun 5, 2019, 6:28 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
For one of my flights I was automatically assigned a seat in the front even though the back had seats available. For the other flight not.

Is there anything I can do to automatically get seated in the front?
Old Jun 5, 2019, 6:31 am

A sacrifice to Zeus?
lhrpete likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.