Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

A3 begins charging for advance seat reservations - limited discount for A3*G

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A3 begins charging for advance seat reservations - limited discount for A3*G

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2018, 10:55 pm

Programs: Miles & Bonus (A3), Miles & More (LH)
Not sure whether you fly on July 26th or 27th.

According to ExpertFlyer:

A3 609 (July 26th): There is no availability at all (both in business class and economy)

A3 609 (July 27th): C=3 (and no availability at all in economy)
Old Jul 25, 2018, 11:01 pm

Award availability in the end of July: one has to be a very, very optimistic person to spend even one minute thinking about it...
Old Jul 25, 2018, 11:05 pm

Programs: Miles & Bonus (A3), Miles & More (LH)
Award availability for LHR-ATH between beginning of July and mid August was non existent since October 2017.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 3:09 am

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, OA Gold (in memoriam), Hertz #1 Gold
Guys they re using coupons as op-up instruments lately, that’s what I was hoping for

re seating, my seat (upfront economy 4a) shows as reserved on the app but I can’t complete check in as I haven’t paid yet. If I live it till last minute do you think I ll get it for free?
Old Jul 26, 2018, 4:31 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Originally Posted by DrHalxx
Guys they re using coupons as op-up instruments lately, that’s what I was hoping for

re seating, my seat (upfront economy 4a) shows as reserved on the app but I can’t complete check in as I haven’t paid yet. If I live it till last minute do you think I ll get it for free?
just curious, how you are able to block a seat and pay later with A3?
Old Jul 26, 2018, 4:45 am

Selected it on the app but did not pay when I was prompted. BP not issued but app shows seat as reserved by me
Old Jul 26, 2018, 4:48 am

Like that;

Old Jul 26, 2018, 6:16 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Like that;

and they keep it for how long and how you come back to pay after closing the app, I mean how you retrieve your reservation? need to call or can be done online?
Old Jul 26, 2018, 9:52 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: M&M FTL, Miles+Bonus Gold
yes, thats the trick i was talking weeks ago. today I just tested it again, it worked. add your boarding pass in Wallet and a couple of hours before the flight the boarding pass from your Wallet will update with 4A, in my cases the gate agent said nothing and it didnt beep beep from ATH-KRK, 4A today. it worked on my otp-ath-otp trip weeks ago as well. no problem. they will keep that seat until you will fly.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by KLouis
Award availability in the end of July: one has to be a very, very optimistic person to spend even one minute thinking about it...
A friend of mine actually flew A3600 to LHR yesterday morning (25th July) on one of my upgrade vouchers. She booked the flight at the start of June and I requested the upgrade mid June. It was waitlisted at fist but cleared a week later, well before the flight. I was surprised actually - I had told her she had little to no chance.

Sometimes I think it's a function of of how many rows are allocated to C (being in multiples of 4 I mean). You're more likely to get an upgrade if there 9 of 12 seats sold than if there are 7 of 8, for example. If Y isn't full I guess they're more likely to open up extra C class rows. Just two rows (as in the case we're discussing) is VERY low for ATH-LHR. In my experience there has always been at least 4 and sometimes as many as 7. Maybe it's the time of year - they know they can sell extra Y seats, probably at a higher price than the first C class seats go for (I've actually seen flights on ther website where Y was more expensive than C).
Old Jul 26, 2018, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by GBobon
yes, thats the trick i was talking weeks ago. today I just tested it again, it worked. add your boarding pass in Wallet and a couple of hours before the flight the boarding pass from your Wallet will update with 4A, in my cases the gate agent said nothing and it didnt beep beep from ATH-KRK, 4A today. it worked on my otp-ath-otp trip weeks ago as well. no problem. they will keep that seat until you will fly.
and they credit the miles ???? lol
Old Jul 26, 2018, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by frenchft

and they credit the miles ???? lol
what miles? shouldnt they credit it?!
Old Jul 28, 2018, 1:20 pm

I checked in yesterday for my upcoming A3869, im yet Silver, got 6A for free... (most of the cabin is still not assigned to pax)
Old Jul 29, 2018, 6:17 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
That does look like the up front seats are given to elites. However 6A...imho not a great seat. Of course that depends on your preference, but I dislike window seats in economy. And at row 6 you don't have the extra legroom...so personally I would prefer 16D to 6A. But I guess one could get lucky as well, and end up with 4D..
Old Jul 29, 2018, 7:36 am

haha, I ended up having 1DE and F only for me, my next flight with A3 will be as Gold, will see then how the seat will be assigned.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.