Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

A3 begins charging for advance seat reservations - limited discount for A3*G

A3 begins charging for advance seat reservations - limited discount for A3*G

Old Jul 16, 2018, 12:06 pm

In my recent flights, they try to find gold members and move them to the exit seats.

i really doubt the story that the seats were empty.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 7:51 pm

How do you know that?
Old Jul 21, 2018, 12:17 pm

Have friends on tonights DUB-ATH and they asked me to do OLCI. No status or even FF card. Was able to choose any seats for free. !
Old Jul 21, 2018, 1:42 pm
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: M&M FTL, Miles+Bonus Gold
how many hours before departure time? is similar at TAP, 3hrs before departure all seats are free
Old Jul 22, 2018, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by GBobon
how many hours before departure time? is similar at TAP, 3hrs before departure all seats are free
This was around 9 hours before departure.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 3:17 pm

HMm... Ok. I will fly A3 Eco on Thursday and return non Sunday. I didn't preselect any seats, except for my C flights. will report back
Old Jul 24, 2018, 4:47 am

I am silver, checked in at T-48 and i got 4B... only a couple of seats are reserved in the 2nd half of the aircraft, which has standard seats.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 5:37 am

Programs: Miles&Bonus *G
Originally Posted by GBobon
I am silver, checked in at T-48 and i got 4B... only a couple of seats are reserved in the 2nd half of the aircraft, which has standard seats.
Damn. Was really hoping they've come to their senses. Anyway, I've been complaining about this situation at every single opportunity, hoping it will make a difference...
Arrivals likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 6:32 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Guys also depends of the aircraft, and how they decided to to repartition of weight.
Got some experience with small airacft empty at the back but refused to move there for exemple because of weight issues (based on cargo and pax repartition).
Old Jul 24, 2018, 6:47 am

thats another story... if the seats are available then you can choose them, if they are blocked (but not occupied) is because of load balancing.
frenchft likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 1:09 pm

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, OA Gold (in memoriam), Hertz #1 Gold
So:

1) I'm A3*G booked on an expensive LHR-ATH ticket tomorrow with A3609
2) I have been waiting for a coupon upgrade for ever. Y is fully booked (and maybe overbooked, difficult to know as A3 tries to avoid overbooking) and as the call centre told my there is only on J seat left (my expertflyer trial expired)
3) Through the aegean app I tried booking an upfront seat. I didn't pay in the end so check in hasn't been completed but it still shows on the app as "seat 4A"
4) I was thinking of paying the 8 euros but I'm a bit reluctant. Gold line agent told me that if I get the coupon upgrade money is not refundable (customer relations had told me the opposite in the past.

What would you do in my position, wait for the upgrade to clear and if not, hope that by checking in T-2 you would keep the 4A seat and not pay for it?

It's not a matter of money, but I'm pissed off with the charges
Old Jul 25, 2018, 2:57 pm

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Originally Posted by DrHalxx
So:

2) I have been waiting for a coupon upgrade for ever. Y is fully booked (and maybe overbooked, difficult to know as A3 tries to avoid overbooking) and as the call centre told my there is only on J seat left (my expertflyer trial expired)
3) Through the aegean app I tried booking an upfront seat. I didn't pay in the end so check in hasn't been completed but it still shows on the app as "seat 4A"
4) I was thinking of paying the 8 euros but I'm a bit reluctant. Gold line agent told me that if I get the coupon upgrade money is not refundable (customer relations had told me the opposite in the past.

What would you do in my position, wait for the upgrade to clear and if not, hope that by checking in T-2 you would keep the 4A seat and not pay for it?

I can see the C seat is blocked.
And in economy it's full with 10+ seats blocked.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by DrHalxx
So:

4A is economy on this flight, they have opened only 8 (2 rows) of C seats.
Expertflyer.
Let me know if you want screenshot
Old Jul 25, 2018, 3:34 pm

What does it mean whan a C seat is blocked?

Thanks for checking for me
Old Jul 25, 2018, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by frenchft
4A is economy on this flight, they have opened only 8 (2 rows) of C seats.
Expertflyer.
Let me know if you want screenshot

Does it show J0 or J1 ?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.