Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

A3 begins charging for advance seat reservations - limited discount for A3*G

A3 begins charging for advance seat reservations - limited discount for A3*G

Old May 16, 2018, 2:19 pm

Programs: A3*G
On my recent four flights I got placed automatically in the 'preferred area', unable to change my seat with the exception of seats below row 14 or other paid seats. The assigned seat said 0 €, any other paid seat showed an amount (2 € etc.). It didn't seem like any of the passengers paid for their seat. They really should allow us to choose any seat free of charge again. Rude answers as mentioned in this thread are unbearable as was this marketing failure (new feature: pay 50% less for seat reservations [or 100% more...]).
Old May 17, 2018, 1:41 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Hi all,

I do recommend to please always email their customer service to complain about this. The more input that they get, the clearer it is to them that such treatment of Gold pax is not acceotable. I don't mind if they want to sell the seats, but they should do this in a manner that should not cause us Gold pax to be treated like what they are doing now which is rather ridiculous.

Cheers!
Old May 17, 2018, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by ung1
Apparently not, today it was paid seating till check in was closed. But people seem to actually pay for row 1 (8€) on a 20 min flight, as I saw on the manifest.
I am conducting some experiments myself. May i ask, was this a flight outbound from ATH or inbound?
Old May 27, 2018, 12:36 pm

A few months in since A3 started charging for advance seat reservations, I have to say the new "feature" has started to grow on me. In my last 6 flights, I had the whole row to myself in two of them (both ATH-CDG). I also had empty middle seats in the other 2 (but this was also common before the change). Front section was almost always half full and the fact that I could book my favourite seat in advance, without having to call Aegean, was convenient.

Having said that, I find it very annoying that non-FF, who don't even care to check-in in advance, find themselves sitting next to me for free. To add to the pain, these are usually families with young kids: a group of four checking-in last minute, they're almost certain to end up at the half full Up Front section. Needless to say I have complained more than once via email, twitter and in person: *G should be able to choose Up Front seats without an extra charge.

Last edited by MrArkadin; May 27, 2018 at 11:36 pm
Old May 27, 2018, 12:56 pm

I flew on two GoLight tickets the past days (SKG-DUS and DUS-SKG). Surprisingly, the system has automatically allocated me 5F for both flights. Up front seats were almost sold out on both segments.
Old May 27, 2018, 5:51 pm

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
This might be a coincidence but both times I checked in on an A3 flight as SQ(*G) since the change, I've had row 3.

Maybe it's only A3 *G that get sent to the back of the plane!
Old May 28, 2018, 11:02 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: M&M FTL, Miles+Bonus Gold
Originally Posted by yurtripper
Maybe it's only A3 *G that get sent to the back of the plane!
well, that would be ridiculous
Old May 28, 2018, 11:28 pm

One hour ago I checked in for our flight HER-ATH (wife and I) in 47 hours, first leg of an international itin, and I was amazed by the fact that we had been automatically assigned seats 4E and 4F! The plane still looked "empty", i.e. almost every seat was free. Pure luck? New policy? Did the coupon-upgraded 2nd flight (not checked-in yet) play a role? Who knows...

Last edited by KLouis; Jun 2, 2018 at 1:52 pm
Old May 29, 2018, 12:49 am

Originally Posted by KLouis
One hour ago I checked in for our flight HER-ATH (wife and I) in 47 hours, first leg of an international itin, and I was amazed by the fact that we had been automatically assigned seats 4E and 4F! The plane still looked "empty", i.e. almost every seat was free. Pure luck? New policy? Did the coupon-upgraded 2nd flight (not checked-in yet) play a role? Who knows...
A personal question: Are you both gold members? A friend of mine had booked several flights with his significant one (gold and silver member) and the system allocated them in 12+ row.

I think it must be a behind-the-scenes policy change, which is welcome.
Old May 29, 2018, 5:18 am

Originally Posted by Argyris
A personal question: Are you both gold members? A friend of mine had booked several flights with his significant one (gold and silver member) and the system allocated them in 12+ row.

I think it must be a behind-the-scenes policy change, which is welcome.
My wife first lost gold and silver status the year after that, I'm still gold.
Old May 29, 2018, 7:29 am

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, OA Gold (in memoriam), Hertz #1 Gold
Did you pre-book your seat and they moved you to the front?
Old May 29, 2018, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by DrHalxx
Did you pre-book your seat and they moved you to the front?
No, no pre-booking of any kind. Just row 4 seats assigned at the time og OLCI.
Old May 30, 2018, 3:46 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Originally Posted by jerry_greece
I am conducting some experiments myself. May i ask, was this a flight outbound from ATH or inbound?
That was the inbound one JTR ATH
Old Jun 2, 2018, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by KLouis
Hah! just checked-in for the return flight on Monday. For the segment ATH-HER we automatically were assigned 4B and C. Again, no idea why... I love this aisle seat
Old Jun 3, 2018, 12:27 am

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
A relative of mine (A3 Gold) also got 5E automatic assignment at OLCI. Since she didn't want a middle seat, she went for the first "free" row (row 15). After I talked to her, she wanted to switch back, but she was asked for 6 Eur then.
So it seems as if A3 Gold get a standard assignment up front, but if you are not happy with this assignment, you lose your entitlement for a free up front row...
Argyris likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.