Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

A3 begins charging for advance seat reservations - limited discount for A3*G

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A3 begins charging for advance seat reservations - limited discount for A3*G

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2020, 5:11 pm

Programs: A3, BA, OZ,
Do Gold members no longer get free seat assignments on light fares? I booked a cheap light domestic flight and just wanted to book a seat next to my travel companion who is booked on a separate reservation. Or did that benefit go away previously and I just missed it?
Old Oct 25, 2020, 12:43 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AlwaysFlyStar
Do Gold members no longer get free seat assignments on light fares? I booked a cheap light domestic flight and just wanted to book a seat next to my travel companion who is booked on a separate reservation. Or did that benefit go away previously and I just missed it?
That perk was taken away during Aegean's first push to encourage passengers to book the Flex fare, sometime around early June.
AlwaysFlyStar likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2020, 4:46 am

AlwaysFlyStar you can still however both check in online at the same time. The likelihood that you will get seated next to each other is according to my experience very high.
Old Oct 25, 2020, 6:17 am

Programs: A3, BA, OZ,
Originally Posted by giorginho
AlwaysFlyStar you can still however both check in online at the same time. The likelihood that you will get seated next to each other is according to my experience very high.
Cheers. Yeah it is not something I was particularly worried about, as worst case, it is a very short flight, so not too bothered. Just didn't notice it before and was disappointed.
Old Oct 25, 2020, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by AlwaysFlyStar
You can call Aegean to conenct both bookings by giving them the separate booking references. Upon online check-in you will then be assigned seats together.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.