Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles&Bonus
Reload this Page >

A3 begins charging for advance seat reservations - limited discount for A3*G

A3 begins charging for advance seat reservations - limited discount for A3*G

Old Jun 5, 19, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by Gnopps View Post
For one of my flights I was automatically assigned a seat in the front even though the back had seats available. For the other flight not.

Is there anything I can do to automatically get seated in the front?
happened to me as well. Not sure what is the pattern.
Old Jun 12, 19, 1:15 am

Programs: A3*G, SK*S (formerly SK*G)
Alongside a slight change in departure time, the equipment of my upcoming connecting OA flight was switched from a DHC Q-series to an A319. My seat reservation for 2A was automatically changed to 14A, although the equipment change was the airline's decision. The most annoying part though is that I can't switch to a paid seat... In the "Edit seat" menu I am only given the option to change to a different free seat. The option to "Cancel" my seat reservation just forces me again to select a free seat. I suppose that the only way to purchase a seat with decent legroom is to give them a call.

It's remarkable that almost one-and-a-half year into the implementation of the paid seats setup their system still lacks basic functionality (i.e. switching from a free to a paid seat)...
Old Jun 12, 19, 1:26 am

Well, nobody's perfect!
East_and_West likes this.
Old Jul 3, 19, 10:51 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, UA2MM, WY Gold, QF Gold
I am UA*G and have a UA award for next month, flying Aegean in economy (X) LHR-ATH-CAI on A321's.

When I look at my reservation on A3's website, there is no option shown to select a seat, not even a paid one, so is there any way of doing this in advance of checking in? This situation also applies to additional baggage.
Old Jul 4, 19, 12:10 am

Programs: A3*G, SK*S (formerly SK*G)
Originally Posted by Grace B View Post
I am UA*G and have a UA award for next month, flying Aegean in economy (X) LHR-ATH-CAI on A321's.

When I look at my reservation on A3's website, there is no option shown to select a seat, not even a paid one, so is there any way of doing this in advance of checking in? This situation also applies to additional baggage.
This may have to do with your trip being booked through another airline. I have an upcoming multi-city booked through LH, and I am unable to select a seat on the A3-operated leg of the trip. There is simply no such option/button on the "Manage booking" page.

There is something broken with their seat selection system, which they don't seem to care fixing. The only way is to try contacting them, preferably over the phone. A couple of weeks ago I had to call them to select a paid seat on an one-leg flight, operated by A3 and booked directly through their website... The agent though was very friendly and efficient, and it was quite smooth and quick.