Wiki Posts
Search

Hainan on Partner Page

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2018, 3:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EP, A3*G, UA*S
Hainan on Partner Page

Was looking at the accrual chart just now and on "How to Earn" where it lists all of its partners, Hainan appears now at the top as the first airline, even before A3.

I know a few years back some random airlines popped up there for a few days as well, but anyone know of anything about a potential partnership with Hainan? Wouldn't be surprised given the large amount of Chinese tourism in Greece.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 8:04 am

If you click on Hainan you'll notice that you are forwarded to the corresponding page for A3. I guess this is some sort of "bug" that was introduced by an inexperienced employee
Old Jan 21, 2018, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by KLouis
If you click on Hainan you'll notice that you are forwarded to the corresponding page for A3. I guess this is some sort of "bug" that was introduced by an inexperienced employee
Interesting bug though considering those rumors about Hainan investment in A3 .
Old Jan 21, 2018, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by DELLAS
Interesting bug though considering those rumors about Hainan investment in A3 .
After A3 code-sharing all domestic operations with OA flights flown on A3 planes leading to non-*A benefits, I hope we won't see A3 code-sharing all international operations with HU flights flown on A3 planes leading to non-*A benefits.
DELLAS likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 10:20 am

Codeshare is for the following routes:

op. by A3: ATH-FCO, ATH-BRU

and

op. by HU: BRU-PEK, FCO-XIY
Old Jan 22, 2018, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by KLouis
After A3 code-sharing all domestic operations with OA flights flown on A3 planes leading to non-*A benefits, I hope we won't see A3 code-sharing all international operations with HU flights flown on A3 planes leading to non-*A benefits.
As things stand, A3 codesharing on non-*A partners (Etihad, for example) means you get no *A benefits. You don't even get miles!

The same would also be true, wouldn't it? If you book an Aegean flight under a non-Star Alliance codeshare, there would be no requirement for A3 to honour any of the Star perks, would there? In such a case, again, you couldn't earn miles - so why would any of the other benefits be extended?

And there is no mention of Hainan/HU on the patners page any more.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by irishguy28
As things stand, A3 codesharing on non-*A partners (Etihad, for example) means you get no *A benefits. You don't even get miles!

The same would also be true, wouldn't it? If you book an Aegean flight under a non-Star Alliance codeshare, there would be no requirement for A3 to honour any of the Star perks, would there? In such a case, again, you couldn't earn miles - so why would any of the other benefits be extended?

And there is no mention of Hainan/HU on the patners page any more.
Obviously you did not read my reply "attentively": I was being sarcastic (noticed the "big grin" smily?), after having already posted that this was a bug (as you say, they did remove the "link")

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.