Wiki Posts
Search

A3 and ANA mileage accrual rates

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2017, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Krisflyer, Asia Miles, Miles and Bonus
A3 and ANA mileage accrual rates

Can anyone explain why the ANA fare codes U, H, Q, V, W, S have a higher accrual rate on A3 (see https://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbon...-airlines/#ANA) than ANA (see https://www.ana.co.jp/en/us/amc/refe...ghtmile/int/)? I may be wrong, but the converse is usually true. There are now some relatively cheap fares on ANA with codes Q and W, but I am not sure if I would like to book them in case there is a problem with the A3 chart. Thanks.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 10:26 pm

Programs: A3 *G, HH Gold
The ANA accrual rates have always been very good at A3, I got my initial gold back in the days of lifetime gold with a ANA S class fare with maxed out routings.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 7:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nar0
The ANA accrual rates have always been very good at A3, I got my initial gold back in the days of lifetime gold with a ANA S class fare with maxed out routings.
Thanks, so there is no mistake with the A3 accrual table? Hopefully, ANA does not realize and correct this before my flights.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 10:32 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by bensim
Thanks, so there is no mistake with the A3 accrual table? Hopefully, ANA does not realize and correct this before my flights.
note a mistake. rather, a sweet spot. If you take your time to study the A3 accrual table, you will realize that it has very lucrative accrual rates for Asia/Africa based airline partners (Ethiopian/ANA/Thai etc.) , and meager rates for Europe/Americas based airline partners ( LH group, United etc.).
It could be unfair bias / ignorance / bilateral agreements on A3 part, but nobody really knows.
Of course, A3 does not guarantee that they wont change the rates between the time you book and fly a ticket.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tokyoite
note a mistake. rather, a sweet spot. If you take your time to study the A3 accrual table, you will realize that it has very lucrative accrual rates for Asia/Africa based airline partners (Ethiopian/ANA/Thai etc.) , and meager rates for Europe/Americas based airline partners ( LH group, United etc.).
It could be unfair bias / ignorance / bilateral agreements on A3 part, but nobody really knows.
Of course, A3 does not guarantee that they wont change the rates between the time you book and fly a ticket.
Thanks. That is my main worry because the price for the flights that I want looks attractive.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

naro, did you get your 100% rate for the S class?
Old Dec 23, 2017, 8:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
i have gotten it in S.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 2:40 am

Programs: A3 *G, HH Gold
Yup S has always been 100%.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 7:04 am

Programs: A3*G
A question: if my flight gets upgraded with ANA MyOffer to premium economy, does it change to another booking class (similar to how it happens with SAS and PlusGrade)?
Old Jan 9, 2018, 1:51 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AY Silver
Originally Posted by ErnstH
A question: if my flight gets upgraded with ANA MyOffer to premium economy, does it change to another booking class (similar to how it happens with SAS and PlusGrade)?
The ANA "Bid My Price" website mentions that "When your offer is accepted, your booking will be upgraded and you will receive a new e-Ticket and EMD PASSENGER RECEIPT no later than 24 hours prior to departure". The fact that you get a new eTicket to me suggests that you will be moved to a new booking class. That is what happens with SAS and Lufthansa, which both also use PlusGrade, like ANA. To get a better answer, it might make sense to ask in the ANA forum, where people may have more experience. If you do find out and/or try it yourself, please report back!
Old Jan 9, 2018, 4:42 am

Originally Posted by clifford79
The ANA "Bid My Price" website mentions that "When your offer is accepted, your booking will be upgraded and you will receive a new e-Ticket and EMD PASSENGER RECEIPT no later than 24 hours prior to departure". The fact that you get a new eTicket to me suggests that you will be moved to a new booking class. That is what happens with SAS and Lufthansa, which both also use PlusGrade, like ANA. To get a better answer, it might make sense to ask in the ANA forum, where people may have more experience. If you do find out and/or try it yourself, please report back!
I put a bid for my flight (beginning of Feb), if the upgrade goes through I will report back on what happened to my booking class (for now I am in L class => 50% accrual rate).
Old Jan 21, 2018, 9:30 pm

I just noticed that the earnings chart for ANA has been updated. Biggest change I can see is that there is now a separate category for premium economy fares that earn 150%.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by ErnstH
I just noticed that the earnings chart for ANA has been updated. Biggest change I can see is that there is now a separate category for premium economy fares that earn 150%.
It was 0% for fare class G and 100% for fare class E, from 1 Feb on it is 150% for both fare class.
This change is 1 year late compared to most other *A carriers, ANA Premium Economy was introduced in 10/2016 but A3 has the change since 2/2018
Old Jan 23, 2018, 11:27 pm
Original Poster

data point. got 100% accrual on A3 for recent flights on ANA in Q and S.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cheung.chunyuenc
It was 0% for fare class G and 100% for fare class E, from 1 Feb on it is 150% for both fare class.
This change is 1 year late compared to most other *A carriers, ANA Premium Economy was introduced in 10/2016 but A3 has the change since 2/2018
Can anyone clarify whether A3 or the partner airline made the decision to change the accrual rates? Also, if I credit ANA flights to my A3 account, ANA will have to pay A3 for the credited miles, right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.