Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Award ticket search now shows Star Alliance flights

Award ticket search now shows Star Alliance flights

Old Dec 15, 2017, 2:30 pm

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by RedChili
It's not married segments, it's a single flight with a layover in BKK. A single flight means one ticket and one boarding card. In the good-old days with paper tickets, you would need a single coupon for the TPE-BKK-LHR flight. I once was on a flight MNL-BKK-KHI-FRA-LGW, and it was all one coupon because it was the same flight with the same flight number.

Married segments is when you have two separate flights that have availability on their own, but which cannot be booked together. Say that you're trying to book LH LHR-FRA-BKK. The flight LHR-FRA has availability, and the flight FRA-BKK has availability, but when you try to add both flights to the same booking, it says that there's no availability. But even with availability, married segments would still count as two segments for Aegean award purposes.
Thanks for the explanation, I got it wrong all these years!
Old Dec 15, 2017, 2:43 pm

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Originally Posted by Jma12
Thanks for the explanation, I got it wrong all these years!
Same here. Thanks for the explanations.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 9:18 am

Programs: M&M
Anyone having issues with getting TK fights to show up?
Old Dec 16, 2017, 9:36 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by BaliLoverNL
Anyone having issues with getting TK fights to show up?
Nope - no problems at all.I see many connections from Europe to Near East and Asia via IST. To be honest I almost wish they DIDN'T show up - the fees are HUGE.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 3:56 pm

Programs: A3 Gold
I'm looking for availabilty in May for GRU>ZRH>BEG. United says there are flexible awards seats, but none at A3's website. The closest I can get is a few GRU>ZRH dates. Are these seats not available for M+B members or would one have to call them in order to book them? Any info is much appreciated.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 3:58 pm

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
I can see TK but the fees are just too high... crazy taxes and fees on TK flights .
Old Dec 18, 2017, 3:38 am

Programs: A3*G
Originally Posted by murilix
I'm looking for availabilty in May for GRU>ZRH>BEG. United says there are flexible awards seats, but none at A3's website. The closest I can get is a few GRU>ZRH dates. Are these seats not available for M+B members or would one have to call them in order to book them? Any info is much appreciated.
I think A3 only sees United availability if it is in the Saver Award category. In any case, you cannot book it online, but have to call in.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 4:17 am

Every *A award program besides Mileage Plus has only access to the normal awards (=saver awards).
Old Dec 18, 2017, 11:59 am

Programs: A3 Gold
Sorry, my bad, I wrote "flex", but I meant there are, indeed, "saver" fares are available at United.com. And flight is on LX.

Last edited by murilix; Dec 18, 2017 at 12:34 pm
Old Dec 18, 2017, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by ErnstH
I think A3 only sees United availability if it is in the Saver Award category. In any case, you cannot book it online, but have to call in.
But GRU-ZRH-BEG should be on LX, in which case it should show up.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 2:14 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum
First time trying to get reward tickets.
So I found my flights from united.com which are thai airways from ICN to BKK, but it doesnt show up in aegean's search system. I wonder if I can still call them to book the flight or it's just they don't offer that flight?
Thanks.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Just an observation, the majority of posters on this thread all seem to be newbies.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 2:50 pm

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Just an observation, the majority of posters on this thread all seem to be newbies.
Seems like more people are interested after A3 implemented the online booking function
Old Dec 18, 2017, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by thisissunny
First time trying to get reward tickets.
So I found my flights from united.com which are thai airways from ICN to BKK, but it doesnt show up in aegean's search system. I wonder if I can still call them to book the flight or it's just they don't offer that flight?
Thanks.
No you can not, that means the seat is being block. TG released the seat to UA but not A3.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by ErnstH
Any mix award with A3/OA + *A will require to call in as well such as YYZ-ATH-HER (AC/A3)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.