Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Award ticket search now shows Star Alliance flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award ticket search now shows Star Alliance flights

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2018, 3:38 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by vikingX
Anybody else facing the problem that a lot of Airports can not be found when using leg by leg search? There seems to be an error on the website.
I came across that yesterday, yes.

To me it looked a bit like only A3 served airport were loaded in the drop-down.

For instance, in the return search you can search HKG but that airport is not allowed in multi-city search
Old Oct 30, 2018, 3:45 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by rava.stuff
Hey, did it happen to anyone else that the minimum miles required shown in the overview are crazy high, but when you click on the date, there are good connections with much less miles required?
See screenshot attached.
It's probably related to the bug in the regular part of the website where the prices of paid pickets often appear higher than those actually offered below. I guess it's worth reporting but I can't think of a work-around for now for those who don't have the miles, unless the cheaper fare is displayed properly on a nearby date and you can scroll through from the screen you showed above.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by KLouis
Which ones for example?
For example if I select ZRH as origin I can only choose ATH as a destination, likely because A3 is only serving this route from ZRH.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 10:08 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
It seems pretty obvious from what I've seen that the advanced search only works for A3 operated flights/routes.
You should still be able to book somewhat fancier routings via the callcenter though.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by vikingX
For example if I select ZRH as origin I can only choose ATH as a destination, likely because A3 is only serving this route from ZRH.
I don't understand what you're doing; I checked a few destinations from Zurich (e.g. JFK) and it worked.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 12:59 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
The multi-segment ("more options") search does not contain the same destinations as the R/T search:
Attached Images   
Old Nov 2, 2018, 1:03 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Originally Posted by KLouis
I don't understand what you're doing; I checked a few destinations from Zurich (e.g. JFK) and it worked.
And apparently we are served different versions of the site, as others cannot get e.g. JFK from Zürich
Attached Images  
Old Nov 11, 2018, 2:17 am

Hi M&B experts - I am trying to book an award travel ticket on the M&B website. I have *G and looking to travel BRU->TPA between Dec 20 2018 and Jan 10 2019. I have tried the online tool and it looks like this is a very busy period. Any suggestions on alternative airports or routes to try? Thanks a lot!
Old Nov 11, 2018, 8:16 am

It's really an extremely busy period, and it's very late to get in the game for an award seat now. Personally, I would also try searching nearby airports, such as AMS and CDG in Europe, and MCO and MIA in Florida.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 9:55 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by RedChili
It's really an extremely busy period, and it's very late to get in the game for an award seat now. Personally, I would also try searching nearby airports, such as AMS and CDG in Europe, and MCO and MIA in Florida.
If looking for one or two seats using miles, LH and LX are very good at dumping to some US cities east of the Mississippi within 1-14 days of travel. From there, combining it with a regular paid ticket may work, if needed.

And UA availability at that time of year from BRU and even AMS can be better last minute than many would expect.

Last edited by GUWonder; Nov 11, 2018 at 10:03 am
Old Nov 11, 2018, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder

If looking for one or two seats using miles, LH and LX are very good at dumping to some US cities east of the Mississippi within 1-14 days of travel. From there, combining it with a regular paid ticket may work, if needed.

And UA availability at that time of year from BRU and even AMS can be better last minute than many would expect.
Thanks a lot! I will look into this.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 5:50 am

If I cannot find the flights that I want on the online system and call them instead, do I still have to pay for the call center service fee (25EUR)? (I am sure that there are availability since I cross checked with TK, UA and ET system but then only the A3 system was not giving out all the search results) Thanks a lot.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 9:08 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by AviationAddict
If I cannot find the flights that I want on the online system and call them instead, do I still have to pay for the call center service fee (25EUR)? (I am sure that there are availability since I cross checked with TK, UA and ET system but then only the A3 system was not giving out all the search results) Thanks a lot.
of course you do.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 7:35 pm

It is great that you still have to pay the "call center service fee"?
Old Nov 19, 2018, 7:41 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Tokyoite
of course you do.
If the flight is available but the online system doesn't show it, they waive the fee provided you ask them to do it and you call while supervisors are in the office.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.