Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using M&B On *A First Class

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2017, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Using M&B On *A First Class

Please post your experience below for first class redemption using M&B, and how many days in advance. I have seen NH F from ORD-TYO one week before departure. I believe TG also offer F class to *A partner before. Not sure if it is still the case.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 5:31 pm

I believe the only airlines in *A that you can redeem miles with M&B are NH, TG, LH, OZ and UA(soon to be gone). TG usually 3-12 month in advance.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by mylabel
I believe the only airlines in *A that you can redeem miles with M&B are NH, TG, LH, OZ and UA(soon to be gone). TG usually 3-12 month in advance.
Your belief is based on what exactly? And what do you mean with UA "soon to be gone"? Any insider info?

PS By the way, I've also redeemed with Copa and Avianca. Does your belief accept this?
Old Nov 19, 2017, 9:21 pm

Programs: A3, AA, AC, AS, DL, NH, SQ, SK, UA; BW, CP, HH, IHG, MB
Originally Posted by KLouis
Your belief is based on what exactly? And what do you mean with UA "soon to be gone"? Any insider info?

PS By the way, I've also redeemed with Copa and Avianca. Does your belief accept this?
UA is eliminating long-haul First Class as they transition to their new Polaris J seats. I'm too lazy to search, but I'm pretty sure that they've announced it somewhere. When that happens is anyone's guess, since their 777s haven't even started the retrofits yet. I vaguely recall from the UA forums that the reconfiguration of their 3-class aircraft won't finish until the 2020s.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 10:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by Jma12
Please post your experience below for first class redemption using M&B, and how many days in advance. I have seen NH F from ORD-TYO one week before departure. I believe TG also offer F class to *A partner before. Not sure if it is still the case.
I am not sure what you expect with a separate thread just for F class redemptions, separate from the F&C&Y thread in this forum.

If you want to share information on F class award space availability on M&B, then it is pretty much straight foward, with no specific M&B blocking. (What is available on Aeroplan/ANA/UA is also available on M&B, with the one connection limitation.)
NH, TG, OZ, UA, short-medium haul SQ, international CA, last minute LH in F are available.
I havent booked any (due to the poor F rates and fuel surcharges), but i have personally had quotation responses over the phone for LH, TG, OZ & NH, implying they are bookable via M&B.
irishguy28 and Air Rarotonga like this.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 11:30 pm

Oooops, I hadn't noticed this was for First class redemptions only. Apologies!

PS my Copa flights were in C, the Avianca ones in Y, so completely irrelevant in this thread!
Old Nov 19, 2017, 11:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
@KLouis It's okay, just get us drinks when we come to Greece
Old Nov 19, 2017, 11:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tokyoite
I am not sure what you expect with a separate thread just for F class redemptions, separate from the F&C&Y thread in this forum.

If you want to share information on F class award space availability on M&B, then it is pretty much straight foward, with no specific M&B blocking. (What is available on Aeroplan/ANA/UA is also available on M&B, with the one connection limitation.)
NH, TG, OZ, UA, short-medium haul SQ, international CA, last minute LH in F are available.
I havent booked any (due to the poor F rates and fuel surcharges), but i have personally had quotation responses over the phone for LH, TG, OZ & NH, implying they are bookable via M&B.
Not necessarily, we all know that A3 frequently gets Starblock by other member when redeeming in J. I want to see if there is a difference in F as well. I have never seen SQ F available with M&B, which route were you able to book?
Old Nov 20, 2017, 2:27 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Not necessarily, we all know that A3 frequently gets Starblock by other member when redeeming in J. I want to see if there is a difference in F as well. I have never seen SQ F available with M&B, which route were you able to book?
SQ reserves F for its own Kris Flyer members - it's not just M&B members that have no chance but everyone else.

Good luck getting any kind of premium cabin long haul redemption on SQ.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 3:52 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
I have never seen SQ F available with M&B, which route were you able to book?
Short-medium haul SQ. Always called fo a quote, but as I said, the M&B rates for F suck. Not worth the extra.
F routes on SQ that were/are available.
Freely: SIN-CGK, open for dates near and far.
Depends on the season: SIN-DEL/BOM/PEK (When they are/were on the 772 with F)
Sometimes F pops up randomly due to a metal swap such as 77W to 772: SIN-HKG/SHA/KIX/NGO
Old Nov 20, 2017, 4:11 am

Programs: SQ Gold
I find there is little difference between first and business so for me personally I would redeem a business class ticket and save a few miles.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 11:26 am
Original Poster

I was able to find some AI/ZH first class available as well. But only for domestic flights.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 1:32 pm

Programs: LH FF*, A3, EK, CX
In last March, I succeeded with booking of TG F for route NRT-BKK-HKG in 1 single ticket. The flight was in Aug, so I was 5 months ahead. Booking experience with agent was extremely nice.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by Tokyoite
What is available on Aeroplan/ANA/UA is also available on M&B, with the one connection limitation.
Really? That's interesting, now that Swiss First is bookable through Aeroplan (70.000 miles for a transatlantic flight).

https://thepointsguy.com/2017/11/book-swiss-first-class-via-aeroplan/
Old Nov 30, 2017, 9:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LacMajeur
Really? That's interesting, now that Swiss First is bookable through Aeroplan (70.000 miles for a transatlantic flight).

https://thepointsguy.com/2017/11/boo...-via-aeroplan/
Relax, that's because AP had a glitch. It will be gone in a few days (or less).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.