Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using M&B On *A First Class

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2017, 1:15 pm

Programs: Aegean Gold
I've successfully booked PVG-FRA-ATH in F on Lufthansa and HND-FRA-ATH in F/J on ANA/A3. Best Star Alliance rates from Europe to Asia (without having to go to a Turkish Airlines office). Lufthansa flight was booked a week out, ANA 4 months in advance.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 3:22 pm

Programs: A3 *G & FB G
Originally Posted by BossB
I've successfully booked PVG-FRA-ATH in F on Lufthansa and HND-FRA-ATH in F/J on ANA/A3. Best Star Alliance rates from Europe to Asia (without having to go to a Turkish Airlines office). Lufthansa flight was booked a week out, ANA 4 months in advance.
So how many miles did the Lufthansa F stretch cost? What about ANA? Very curious.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 4:56 am

Programs: A3*G
Next month I will fly HDN-BKK-SIN with TG. First segment in F (seat 1A on their 747), second segment in J. Booked before this weird rule came into effect that prices mixed cabins multiple times, so for 40k miles and ~60 EUR.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by unusualtravelblog
So how many miles did the Lufthansa F stretch cost? What about ANA? Very curious.
https://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbon...#star-alliance
Old Dec 10, 2017, 1:52 am

Programs: HappinesSMiles Silver
Now that the online tool is working - has anyone managed to book LH F with european connecting flight (in c)? I can find F availability only when booking from FRA / MUC. Or how do I book the intra-europe flight for previous evening?
Old Dec 10, 2017, 3:06 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by avermat
Now that the online tool is working - has anyone managed to book LH F with european connecting flight (in c)? I can find F availability only when booking from FRA / MUC. Or how do I book the intra-europe flight for previous evening?
You probably wouldn't want to! Since the new rules started, mixed class bookings are charged as two individual redemptions anyway, so you would pay an extra 25,000 miles for the LH C class intra-Europe flight. If you really want to, I guess it would be easier to book it separately.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 3:35 pm

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Knobbgb
You probably wouldn't want to! Since the new rules started, mixed class bookings are charged as two individual redemptions anyway, so you would pay an extra 25,000 miles for the LH C class intra-Europe flight. If you really want to, I guess it would be easier to book it separately.
Such a strange rule. I wonder if it was to try to reduce the number of F award bookings. In general most J and Y bookings would be unaffected.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 12:13 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by pogonation

Such a strange rule. I wonder if it was to try to reduce the number of F award bookings. In general most J and Y bookings would be unaffected.
Since it came in only a couple of weeks ago, my guess is that it was implemented in order to make the new online booking facility work. Perhaps multi-class bookings are something that the new system would find difficult to handle. One can still book multi-class but I imagine they would be issued as two individual tickets.

I think a lot of J bookings would also be affected.When taking a hub-to-hub flight in J class, it would be quite normal to add on a local connection at one end or the other. Longer flights, such as your domestic German flight would still be possible but, for example, I am at a Greek domestic airport so only have Y class for my connection. Also there's the issue of availability. J class awards sometimes aren't available on those connecting flights. I don't mind flying a couple of hours in Y after my long-haul in C, but not if I have to pay an extra 20k miles for the privilege!
Old Dec 11, 2017, 9:48 am

Programs: Aegean Gold

unusualtravelblog

Quote:
Old Dec 11, 2017, 6:38 pm

...[snip]...So how many miles did the Lufthansa F stretch cost? What about ANA? Very curious.
You wouldn't have had to wait with the answer if you'd asked them. At any rate, check your account. Both transactions should appear. Your curiosity will disappear in fractions of a second.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.