Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Incorrect miles accrual on SAS flights operated by Austrian

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Incorrect miles accrual on SAS flights operated by Austrian

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2021, 12:37 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by KLouis
Simply avoid code-shares!!!
Great advice, but how are you supposed to do that when SAS doesn't fly to VIE!?!
romans likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2021, 1:12 am

Programs: A3 Gold, SQ Gold, AT Gold, Accor Silver, HHonors Diamond, I Prefer Elite, DISCOVERY Titanium
Originally Posted by headingwest
Great advice, but how are you supposed to do that when SAS doesn't fly to VIE!?!
Issue ticket start with 257?
Old Apr 11, 2021, 5:10 am

Originally Posted by yauee
another "great" advice it's quite not possible when you want/have to fly with SAS with connecting in CPH/ARN/anywhere else. But the things and result is you can get (but you have to manage that) what you deserve, that's good.
Old Apr 11, 2021, 6:00 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by yauee
Please tell me where you can see the '257 ticket' option? Austrian does not sell the itinerary on its website, and I can guarantee you that if you phone up and ask for the same flights with the shorthaul specifically with OS code, you'll end up paying a lot more.

https://www.google.com/travel/flight...gA&hl=en&gl=at
Old Apr 11, 2021, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by headingwest
Don't be a Besserwisser: if you want Aegean when flying Austrian to VIE, you simply buy your ticket from Austrian and not SAS.
yauee and irishguy28 like this.
Old Apr 11, 2021, 10:37 am

Don't be a Besserwisser: if you want Aegean when flying Austrian to VIE, you simply buy your ticket from Austrian and not SAS.
Very true, but it was also mentioned above about SAS longhaul flights. In those cases from VIE it is not possible to book OS coded flights online because those fares are only marketed by SAS.

So my point was, that although it is easy to just say 'book an Austrian ticket', this is not always possible - unless you want to pay a lot more.

I'm not trying to be a big head, I am just stating the facts!
romans likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2021, 10:52 am

check what is this thread about

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.