Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

A3*G not allowed to use the fast track at ARN

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2017, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB PFL; HH Silver

Anyone here has a clue as to why A3*G are not allowed to the fast track at ARN? (at least not officially, more often than not they let me use it anyway, but I always have to argue and sometimes show my Gold card).

Seems to be inconsistent with "Consistent recognition of your status throughout the entire Star Alliance network" as it says on A3's website
Old Oct 17, 2017, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Kronvrak
Anyone here has a clue as to why A3*G are not allowed to the fast track at ARN?
Because Aegean doesn't pay to allow its customers access. There is a Star Alliance-specific fast track called "Gold Track", but this is not offered at ARN; hence, they would have to deal with the airport and pay the necessary fee.

Given ATH is only a 4-times a week service [the other routes are less frequent and/or seasonal; many, I suspect, only available with a single class of service], this is more leisure-oriented than business. Not every airline will pay for fast track and priority at every point that they serve. This is not particularly unusual.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 9:40 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Many airlines do not pay. TK only started offerings Fast Track earlier this year. LO still doesn't pay... And it is not branded as GOLD TRACK, anyway...
Old Oct 17, 2017, 9:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB PFL; HH Silver
Fair enough, thanks. Sounds reasonable. Follow-up question (or observation rather): I found the "Gold Track" information on the Star Alliance website. Apparently GOT doesn't have a "Gold Track" either, but here I'm always allowed to use the fast track...
Old Oct 17, 2017, 1:39 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Most of the Scandinavian airports don’t have Gold Track, or Fast Track for *G card holders. It isn’t a right everywhere. It does seem that SK have a near monopoly on Fast Track at their hubs - ARN & CPH are certainly two where only their premium passengers (from Y+ upwards) and own elites get the benefit.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 3:05 pm
Suspended

SAS is becoming the odd ball in Star Alliance.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 3:28 pm

I guess you are flying A3 out of ARN, right? I think it states really good in A3site that ARN is not on a fasttrack list.

On the other hand, if you are A3gold and fly SAS out, you are free to use fasttrack even though it doesnt say on the BP. The computer screen when you scan bp before security at ARN always says "Fasttrack OK"
Old Oct 17, 2017, 4:49 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
Most of the Scandinavian airports don’t have Gold Track, or Fast Track for *G card holders. It isn’t a right everywhere. It does seem that SK have a near monopoly on Fast Track at their hubs - ARN & CPH are certainly two where only their premium passengers (from Y+ upwards) and own elites get the benefit.
There's *A Gold Track at HEL.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 8:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: Lowest level possible
Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
There's *A Gold Track at HEL.
HEL is not in Scandinavia.
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 2:11 am

Originally Posted by DoTheBartMan
I quote from Wikipedia (my highlighting):

The term Scandinavia always includes the three kingdoms of Denmark, Norway, and Sweden. The remote Norwegian islands of Svalbard and Jan Mayen are usually not seen as a part of Scandinavia, nor is Greenland, an overseas territory of Denmark. However, the Faroe Islands, also a Danish overseas territory, are sometimes included, as sometimes are Iceland, Finland, and the Finnish autonomous region of the Åland Islands, because of their historical association with the Scandinavian countries and the Scandinavian peoples and languages.[3] This looser definition almost equates to that of the Nordic countries. In the local languages, Skandinavia/Skandinavien often means the European parts of Denmark, Norway and Sweden, whereas the name Norden is more commonly used for the extended region that includes Finland, Iceland, and overseas parts of Denmark and Norway.

Let's not be ‘holier than thou
Old Oct 18, 2017, 2:59 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
If we want to be unambiguous about it, just say the Nordic countries and then Finland is definitely included.

But I think that when NWIFlyer said Scandinavia, he was thinking about the three countries of Scandinavian Airlines rather than a wider definition.

As for CPH, which I went through many times this summer in my attempt to renew A3*G, my experiences are as follows:

Flying A3 in C - I was able to access CPH fast track
Flying SK in Y - variable. Sometimes my mobile BP worked, sometimes it didn't. Sometimes they let me through manually and sometimes they don't (then they tell me to go to the SAS fast track, which is something separate from the main security area and only SK*G and SK Y+/J are granted access).

At OSL I was able to use SAS fast track on SK Y. Not sure if there is a separate fast track, but the sign at the entrance only referred to Eurobonus Gold and not other *G.

Never been through ARN when it has been busy enough for fast track to make a difference.
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 6:25 am
Suspended

Programs: Lowest level possible
Originally Posted by KLouis
I quote from Wikipedia (my highlighting):

The term Scandinavia always includes the three kingdoms of Denmark, Norway, and Sweden. The remote Norwegian islands of Svalbard and Jan Mayen are usually not seen as a part of Scandinavia, nor is Greenland, an overseas territory of Denmark. However, the Faroe Islands, also a Danish overseas territory, are sometimes included, as sometimes are Iceland, Finland, and the Finnish autonomous region of the Åland Islands, because of their historical association with the Scandinavian countries and the Scandinavian peoples and languages.[3] This looser definition almost equates to that of the Nordic countries. In the local languages, Skandinavia/Skandinavien often means the European parts of Denmark, Norway and Sweden, whereas the name Norden is more commonly used for the extended region that includes Finland, Iceland, and overseas parts of Denmark and Norway.

Let's not be ‘holier than thou
Ask someone in Finland if they think they live in Scandinavia.
Being a Swedish citizen and having lived in the area for decades, I think I have a fair understanding of which countries belong to Scandinavia. But I guess that if a wikipedia article states that some people may sometimes include Finland when they speak about Scandinavia, I must be wrong.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 3:23 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by DoTheBartMan
You are wrong! And if you believe it or not, even Switzerland belongs to Scandinavia, as Switzerland is a beautiful city in Sweden Just believe the Americans... And we - Swiss Swedens of Switzerland - also have close relationshiop to eastern Europe states according them...
Old Oct 18, 2017, 3:28 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
I think it might, perhaps, be time to move on from geography semantics and back towards lounge access in ARN and other associated SK hubs ...

/mod
DrHalxx likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 12:44 pm

Programs: BA, OZ, A3, VA, VS, DL, QF, former BD and others
*A should sort Gold Track - if they are going to promote it as a global benefit, which they do on their website, they should roll it out everywhere the can, even where *A airlines (SK, SQ) don't seem to want to offer it at their own hubs where they have their own arrangements for their own elites.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.