Community
Wiki Posts
Search

500!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2017, 6:48 am
Original Poster

500!

One hour ago I completed my 500th A3 flight when we landed at HER! I found out, when checking, that my first flight with them was in October 2000, 16 months after they started flying. Till then my domestic flights were all with Air Greece, a company that was then bought by A3 or the old Olympic Airways.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 6:54 am

Programs: Miles & Bonus (A3), Miles & More (LH)
Congrats KLouis ! Keep on flying with A3

Last edited by Alexandros Bravos; Oct 8, 2017 at 8:28 am
Old Oct 8, 2017, 8:20 am

Well done you must be the top A3 flyer on here ^:-::-::-::-:
Old Oct 8, 2017, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Well done!

Did the captain make a special announcement and deliver your super deluxe black platinum card?
DrHalxx likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 10:26 am

Programs: A3*G
Originally Posted by KLouis
One hour ago I completed my 500th A3 flight when we landed at HER! I found out, when checking, that my first flight with them was in October 2000, 16 months after they started flying. Till then my domestic flights were all with Air Greece, a company that was then bought by A3 or the old Olympic Airways.
Congrats, may you reach 1000 and more

If you don't mind, how did you know? Do you count them or did they let you know?
Old Oct 8, 2017, 11:09 am

Programs: Miles&Bonus *G
Wow, congrats! Mind-boggling number!

I just counted mine since 2009 when I joined M&B: 64 flights (paid) + 6 redemptions, so 70 in total.

As a side note, I added up the miles I've spent so far, plus what's still in my account: I've gathered just over 300k (my guess is you are then at 5-10 times this number :P). Now I wish Aegean gave us an option to download our activity (incl. redemptions) in csv format for further analysis offline
Old Oct 8, 2017, 11:42 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Congratulations!
Old Oct 8, 2017, 1:41 pm

Programs: Miles & Bonus (A3), Miles & More (LH)
I can't agree more. It would actually be ideal to be able to have the records of our - so far- activity
Old Oct 8, 2017, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Now, if only A3 had a million miller status or something like that, like the US legacies do, it would have meant something more, but I guess this stuff would never happen outside the US, since flying is mostly a monopoly for the national flag carriers...
Old Oct 8, 2017, 7:29 pm
Original Poster

A couple of answers:

a) Nobody noticed anything, certainly not the captain.
b) It was easy counting the flights: I checked the log provided by M+B since the beginning of my membership as well as my yearly travel planners for the years before that (I started the planners on simple Excel sheets in the mid 90s when I went into the "travelling" period of my life, just to be able to know where I was supposed to be, when and how).

Actually getting to 500 was easy, although I did not work in Crete but still having my home in Athens like many of my colleagues who were going back and forth once or twice per week. Even at the time when I was usually flying ST (after A3 started its European flights), any international trip included 2 A3 flights. This was more true after Transavia stopped its regularly scheduled flights AMS-HER or, to be precise, stopped giving KL miles, gradually leading me from ST to *A.

The nice thing yesterday was that both flights left exactly on time and arrived a few minutes early.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 3:43 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Even at the time when I was usually flying ST (after A3 started its European flights), any international trip included 2 A3 flights. This was more true after Transavia stopped its regularly scheduled flights AMS-HER or, to be precise, stopped giving KL miles, gradually leading me from ST to *A.
That's funny - by now Transavia does give FB/KL miles again, and, Aegean has started an AMS-HER direct flight!

I'm kind of doing the same transition - moving away from ST and onto *A. Or, more specifically, moving away from KL and moving onto A3. The service and price difference is staggering. Only downside is that Aegean has no evening flight to AMS - which makes things a little tricky arriving at ATH on time.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by Xandrios
That's funny - by now Transavia does give FB/KL miles again, and, Aegean has started an AMS-HER direct flight!

I'm kind of doing the same transition - moving away from ST and onto *A. Or, more specifically, moving away from KL and moving onto A3. The service and price difference is staggering. Only downside is that Aegean has no evening flight to AMS - which makes things a little tricky arriving at ATH on time.
Probably the state of the Greek economy is to thank for that. It is actually impressive how A3 can maintain reasonable fares and quality of offering and be profitable in this environment.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 10:38 am

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Celebration

Congrats @KLouis! When are we going to celebrate at your yacht?
Old Oct 9, 2017, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jma12
Congrats @KLouis! When are we going to celebrate at your yacht?
Yacht? Hey I've only talked about a boat, never about a yacht!
Old Oct 12, 2017, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Yacht? Hey I've only talked about a boat, never about a yacht!
Don't tell me it's a full scale luxury liner!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.