Domestic flights sales - No Taxes!

Old Sep 27, 17, 1:08 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: AMS / ATH
Programs: AFKL Gold, A3 Gold
Posts: 5,297
Domestic flights sales - No Taxes!

There is a new sale going on that offers domestic flights for 18 euro one-way, 36 euro roundtrip.

Departure from SKG, RHO, HER, or CHQ to (it seems like) the whole domestic network - via ATH. Use coupon 'sta18' during booking and you pay only the fare without taxes. Books into 'E' class, which earns 500 miles per leg (2000 miles roundtrip). Even for a milage run this is not bad at all (1,8 cents per mile)

Example booking (roundtrip):



So what may be some good routes to book? You'll have to position to any of the mentioned starting points, but most (all?) domestic destinations - except ATH - seem to be available.

https://en.aegeanair.com/plan/offers...omestic-promo/

Last edited by Xandrios; Sep 27, 17 at 1:56 pm
Xandrios is online now  
Old Sep 27, 17, 2:53 pm
  #2  
Marriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Canada
Programs: A3*G, UA*S, MR PPE, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Posts: 3,614
Originally Posted by Xandrios View Post
So what may be some good routes to book? You'll have to position to any of the mentioned starting points, but most (all?) domestic destinations - except ATH - seem to be available.
Having just paid 42eur for SKG-ATH one way yesterday, I was annoyed right until I reached this sentence
pewpew is offline  
Old Sep 28, 17, 2:01 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Wedged somewhere between BTS and VIE ✈
Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold)
Posts: 5,922
This is pretty amazing. I wish I could take advantage of it, but the positioning costs make it pointless.
headingwest is offline  
Old Sep 29, 17, 12:24 am
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: AMS / ATH
Programs: AFKL Gold, A3 Gold
Posts: 5,297
Originally Posted by pewpew View Post
Having just paid 42eur for SKG-ATH one way yesterday, I was annoyed right until I reached this sentence
You could of course buy SKG-ATH-Something for 18 euro and 'miss' the second flight As long as you don't have checked luggage..
Xandrios is online now  
Old Sep 29, 17, 1:51 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Heraklion, Greece
Posts: 6,924
...or a return flight!
KLouis is offline  
Old Sep 29, 17, 1:15 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: SIN
Programs: A3 Gold, SQ KF Elite Gold, QR Gold, IB Plata, Hilton Honors Gold
Posts: 161
Hi! Thank you for the information. May I ask where and when does one place the promo code for this offer? Iíve tried a dummy booking till where one has to put his credit card info in but I still see no box for me to place this code.
marcelduchamp is offline  
Old Sep 29, 17, 8:36 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Heraklion, Greece
Posts: 6,924
Originally Posted by marcelduchamp View Post
Hi! Thank you for the information. May I ask where and when does one place the promo code for this offer? Iíve tried a dummy booking till where one has to put his credit card info in but I still see no box for me to place this code.
At the very first page, where you input departure/arrival airports and dates. Bottom right.
KLouis is offline  
Old Sep 30, 17, 3:25 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Posts: 5,070
So, 6 of these roundtrips and you renew Gold for 216 euro, wow, that's the cheapest I have ever seen...That would be perfect for SKG residents doing weekends at the islands...or for KLouis going anywhere he wants...

This is A3's last call for everyone to re-qualify, lol...

PS. It is posted under "offers and contests", it sounds like a contest? How many of these can you do in a weekend?

Last edited by nk15; Sep 30, 17 at 3:44 pm
nk15 is offline  
Old Sep 30, 17, 3:31 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Posts: 5,070
Originally Posted by Xandrios View Post
You could of course buy SKG-ATH-Something for 18 euro and 'miss' the second flight As long as you don't have checked luggage..
Or even better do the first three legs of the rt.
nk15 is offline  
Old Sep 30, 17, 6:46 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Heraklion, Greece
Posts: 6,924
Originally Posted by nk15 View Post
...or for KLouis going anywhere he wants...
You won't believe how happy I am now that I no longer spend one third of my time travelling. I'm finally free to (pretend to) go fishing (n.b.: I do go, but I catch nothing ) whenever I feel like doing so. By the way, in one week from now, on my return flight home, I'll complete my 500th flight with A3!
KLouis is offline  
Old Sep 30, 17, 7:37 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Posts: 5,070
Originally Posted by KLouis View Post
You won't believe how happy I am now that I no longer spend one third of my time travelling. I'm finally free to (pretend to) go fishing (n.b.: I do go, but I catch nothing ) whenever I feel like doing so. By the way, in one week from now, on my return flight home, I'll complete my 500th flight with A3!
500 flights, that's cool, make sure you tell them! Even better email them before the flight, so they have the time to prepare something nice..

Btw, this fare would have been nice for your son to requalify for sure, if he was at HER.
nk15 is offline  
Old Oct 1, 17, 3:34 am
  #12  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: AMS / ATH
Programs: AFKL Gold, A3 Gold
Posts: 5,297
Originally Posted by nk15 View Post
So, 6 of these roundtrips and you renew Gold for 216 euro, wow, that's the cheapest I have ever seen...That would be perfect for SKG residents doing weekends at the islands...or for KLouis going anywhere he wants...
Yes, however...the travel period is limited. So that means multiple trips per week.

Though for residents in any of the promo cities this is a fantastic deal. Not just for the miles (I'm assuming most people couldn't give a hoot about them), but simply for the value of the flights.

I was even thinking to book a one-way to SKG from KLX, to visit some remote areas from there. Hop from one to another, in a way. Unfortunately it doesn't fit well in the missus work schedule otherwise it would have been a great opportunity. If you pick wisely you can still find semi good weather as well
Xandrios is online now  
Old Oct 1, 17, 9:46 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Posts: 5,070
Originally Posted by Xandrios View Post
Yes, however...the travel period is limited. So that means multiple trips per week.

Though for residents in any of the promo cities this is a fantastic deal. Not just for the miles (I'm assuming most people couldn't give a hoot about them), but simply for the value of the flights.

I was even thinking to book a one-way to SKG from KLX, to visit some remote areas from there. Hop from one to another, in a way. Unfortunately it doesn't fit well in the missus work schedule otherwise it would have been a great opportunity. If you pick wisely you can still find semi good weather as well
This is not a bad idea, if you find a decent positioning and can do weekend trips. KLX and some other cities also have a different promo for 10-40% discount on intrnl flights, a standard promotion.

I am trying to find a published schedule with the A3 routes for Winter 2017 and Spring/Summer 2018 (if out yet), does anyone have a link for this, by any chance?
nk15 is offline  
Old Oct 2, 17, 3:24 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Programs: Priority Club Platinum Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold
Posts: 264
Aegean dont want to upgrade these flights with Miles & Bonus coupon.

The booking class E should be a valid class for an upgrade according to their rules .
winkny is offline  
Old Oct 2, 17, 5:55 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Heraklion, Greece
Posts: 6,924
Originally Posted by winkny View Post
Aegean dont want to upgrade these flights with Miles & Bonus coupon.

The booking class E should be a valid class for an upgrade according to their rules .
I consider the upgrading of domestic flights the worst usage of the coupons!
kallisthenis and Argyris like this.
KLouis is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: