Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

No longer in love with Aegean: Code shares!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No longer in love with Aegean: Code shares!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2017, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Which, in your example, means earning only for the FRA-ATH sector.

http://www.wheretocredit.com/calculator#FRA-ATH-A3-W
Exactly. And it hints that A3 W doesn't map to SQ W.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 7:21 am
Original Poster

So, to be fair with A3 and blah, blah, blah, go to the link indicated, fill in SYD-MUC flying A3 (W) or SQ (W) and you are supposed to earn 10136 miles. Fill in the same itin flying SQ (N) and you see that you earn 0. True! Only, what is unfair here, is that you've been told by their agent that it will be W as well! N never appears anywhere! and one (i.e. my son) who so happens to have a job and has little free time is required to spend hours researching the web to find the site that gives you the info already known to the customer. Sorry, it would have been know if he knew that he'd fly in the N fare class.

Fair, my foot! Give me a break! In retrospect all of us are better informed. Only the one who was the victim of the initial mis-information is also angry, because instead of flying LCCs or ST or OW till November 24, he now has to fly *A, provided this does give him miles.

PS The fact that no miles are indicated in the screenshot does NOT mean that one will get 0 miles. It could equally be interpreted as "info not available at the time of booking", Oh, I see: to be fair, a box stating "0 miles earned" is a very difficult think for a web developer...

Going to have two double espressi...
Old Sep 19, 2017, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by KLouis
PS The fact that no miles are indicated in the screenshot does NOT mean that one will get 0 miles. It could equally be interpreted as "info not available at the time of booking", Oh, I see: to be fair, a box stating "0 miles earned" is a very difficult think for a web developer...
Could not agree more.

If they can point to the miles earned, why do they suddenly remove all reference to mileage earning when the figure is 0?

Because they do not want to draw attention to the fact in advance of purchase!
Old Sep 20, 2017, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PointWeasel
AC is a champion at this deception and the website shows codeshare Flex fares (100% earning) with *A partners that map to 25% or 0% earning. Borderline fraud, IMHO. Total misrepresentation.
To be fair, didn't AC create some kind of page that you could link to where you could check what the codeshare mapped into from a macro perspective (ie. JCD = 125%, YBH = 100% etc. and not A3 C = AC J etc.)?

Originally Posted by PointWeasel
I had one of their clueless call centre agents advise that that we only book codeshares, if there is no AC codeshare on the partner flight we cannot book it. Yep.
Ah yes, the stupidity at call centres.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
I don't know how you are all relaxed and take this for granted in *A, this is deceptive and basically fraud, unless the airline has a very explicit statement published about this, visible to the consumer.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 10:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nk15
I don't know how you are all relaxed and take this for granted in *A, this is deceptive and basically fraud, unless the airline has a very explicit statement published about this, visible to the consumer.
I am not at all relaxed, still I would certainly not consider this fraud!
Old Sep 21, 2017, 12:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
How is it not fraud, it says W, you book because of it thinking you get certain benefits, and then it is not...How is the consumer supposed to know, when even experienced flyers do not know, or even A3 themselves can't tell you what it maps into, even if you ask...
Until they put a clear warning when you book, it is fraudulent...They basically need a warning like the one AA/UA now have for basic economy, asking you to accept:

It should say, "Are you sure? You chose a codeshare fare: We have no idea what that maps into. You likely won't get any miles. If you agree, click accept.

Last edited by nk15; Sep 21, 2017 at 12:07 am
Old Sep 21, 2017, 2:33 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Do we know what LX P class booked on SQ metal maps to for SQ? I am trying to requalify using LX+SQ on ZRH-SIN-ZRH and would want to make sure both legs will earn me 100%
Old Sep 22, 2017, 5:41 pm

Programs: A3G, BA Silver, LH FT
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Do we know what LX P class booked on SQ metal maps to for SQ? I am trying to requalify using LX+SQ on ZRH-SIN-ZRH and would want to make sure both legs will earn me 100%
LX P appears to be business class. Should earn 125% on SQ metal as all SQ business fare buckets earn 125%
Old Sep 23, 2017, 11:49 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by palcsaky
LX P appears to be business class. Should earn 125% on SQ metal as all SQ business fare buckets earn 125%
Are you saying there is NO non-earning business class fare on SQ? Just want to double check. Thanks!
Old Sep 23, 2017, 12:01 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Nothing is for sure, but it appears so. KrisFlyer earning chart does not exclude any business booking classes: https://www.singaporeair.com/saar5/p...KFOALLevel.pdf

And the ones that it does list (CDJZU) all seem to earn with Aegean as well.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 8:37 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
this is the problem with star alliance. always have to guess how booking class is mapped from one carrier to another...

i have asked even when A3 coded on olympic air and tried to figure out how it posted. i prepared for the worst case situation that if it is less than i expected, i would find other
ways to increase the mileage.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 10:20 pm

Programs: A3, AA, AC, AS, DL, NH, SQ, SK, UA; BW, CP, HH, IHG, MB
Exclamation SQ R = No miles?

Slightly OT, but did anyone else notice that SQ R fares (Suites!) will no longer earn any miles when crediting to A3? Not that I'm going to purchase an R (or F) ticket (or even if I did, I wouldn't credit it to A3), but it seems ridiculous that you'll get nothing for buying a very, very expensive ticket... I hope this means that SQ's simply aligning their fare classes so that Suites and First are the same, but if not, it's a really stupid move.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 11:21 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Tennen
Slightly OT, but did anyone else notice that SQ R fares (Suites!) will no longer earn any miles when crediting to A3? Not that I'm going to purchase an R (or F) ticket (or even if I did, I wouldn't credit it to A3), but it seems ridiculous that you'll get nothing for buying a very, very expensive ticket... I hope this means that SQ's simply aligning their fare classes so that Suites and First are the same, but if not, it's a really stupid move.
I don't think you can even find an R fare at the moment? I've certainly only seen A and F for Suite.

I suspect R will be assigned to the new Suite that will be introduced and will have a different earning rate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.