Community
Wiki Posts
Search

All coach flights

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2017, 11:42 pm

And I thought that Paxoi was deserted at 11 pm last Saturday!
Old Nov 10, 2017, 4:27 pm

Programs: TK*G (E+)
Originally Posted by vangelisd
I meant to send email to Aegean Custom relations about that but haven't found the time yet.

I took the same flight to DUB last summer and this summer. Last summer I have managed to get upgrade voucher on C class in one row configuration and the experience/service was great.

This year round :

- Flight runs on Economy class only
- No priority Star Alliance Gold check in counter at Dublin
- No lounge access at Dublin
- No priority Star Alliance boarding at Dublin

I had to literally walk in front of a very very long queue and ask the service desk why they don't have a priority check in counter. The guys didn't pay much attention but after 10 mins of me standing at the empty third checkin desk a guys moved from the first one to check me in and then moved back. No signs, or different queues or anything.

The Dublin lounge was completely shut when I went there, apparently it did close at 19:30. The flight was scheduled to leave around at 23:15 I think.

Last summer when A3 were running a C class the lounge was open until at least 22:30 (which is also the official open hours in their website).

Flying A3 for *A G offered very very little benefits so I would prefer to go back flying LH or TR on the DUB-SKG route that I mostly take every few months.
own experience as a TK*G; Y-only flight; (flight from DUB to LCA via ATH on 10th Nov):
- *G check-in: no (no queue, so no problem)
- fast track: yes
- daa lounge: yes
- priority boarding: no
Old Nov 11, 2017, 5:26 am

Programs: A3 *G
Short update on DUB ATH all economy flight at 11.35am , checkin online so don't know about checkin, fast lane security access and lounge access given. Asked about priority call for boarding but senior agent said they wouldnt be doing one as there was no business class - didn't push the point.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 6:55 am

Flew DUB-ATH the other day. 3 check in desks with Aegean logo two open one closed 2 hours before. Long line and when I raised this with check in agent was told there is no Gold desk even though according to A3 the contract with Swissport says there is supposed to be one. After I said that the story seemed to change! This is currently being investigated. Lounge access to DAA. At boarding gate Priority for M&B and Star Gold announced. ( Not sure if this was due to my comments at check in as it was the same person I spoke to ).

95% Greek diaspora a few connections to AXD SKG and interestingly enough IST. Some Irish tourists too. Flight 95% full which is good to see . Too many cabin bags meant a 45 min delay to have them checked under. The agents should have tagged and checked these before boarding as with many other airlines do. Flight was good. Great crew , clean cabin and good legroom.

So there seems to be some consistency issues which I have raised.
gpb_croppers63 likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 11:17 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Well this issue with the poor *G rules respect is all around the A3 network. Someone does not manage the handlers properly. Even in ATH, it's a mess (used to be worst but still not at the standards of the alliance).
Old Dec 4, 2017, 3:13 am

Programs: A3*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, Radisson Rewards Premium
Originally Posted by DELLAS
Flew DUB-ATH the other day. 3 check in desks with Aegean logo two open one closed 2 hours before. Long line and when I raised this with check in agent was told there is no Gold desk even though according to A3 the contract with Swissport says there is supposed to be one. After I said that the story seemed to change! This is currently being investigated. Lounge access to DAA. At boarding gate Priority for M&B and Star Gold announced. ( Not sure if this was due to my comments at check in as it was the same person I spoke to ).

95% Greek diaspora a few connections to AXD SKG and interestingly enough IST. Some Irish tourists too. Flight 95% full which is good to see . Too many cabin bags meant a 45 min delay to have them checked under. The agents should have tagged and checked these before boarding as with many other airlines do. Flight was good. Great crew , clean cabin and good legroom.

So there seems to be some consistency issues which I have raised.
Swissport as good as ever in DUB I see. The worrying thing is that they're still better than Sky Handling Partner!
DELLAS likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.