Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Fastest and cheapest way from Blue Tier to Gold Tier?

Fastest and cheapest way from Blue Tier to Gold Tier?

Old Sep 13, 2018, 2:56 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
That trip would earn you:

15,4K SFO-DEL
1.6K DEL-BOM
1.6K BOM-DEL
15,4K DEL-SFO

So 34,000 miles. If you do not fly 2 Aegean segments beforehand, that means you will just hit Silver (10,000 miles carrier over).
If you *do* first fly 2 Aegean segments you will become silver after your outbound flights; and will end up with 24,000 miles towards your Gold qualification. Then you either need to fly 4 additional Aegean segments, or, another 24,000 miles with another airline to reach Gold.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 3:29 am

Originally Posted by Xandrios
That trip would earn you:

...So 34,000 miles. ...
33588 to be precise! Other than being overly formalistic, I fully agree with what Xandrios wrote. @vishallSFO: How did you come up with more than 50K miles?
Old Sep 13, 2018, 3:52 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by KLouis
@vishallSFO: How did you come up with more than 50K miles?
The amount stated by VishalSFO is very close to 1.5x the amount you calculated, so it seems to me that he assumed the 200% refers to a bonus on top of the base miles (i.e. Miles & Bonus) rather than just 2x of the base miles.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 7:01 am

Programs: A3 Gold, SQ Gold, AT Gold, Accor Silver, HHonors Diamond, I Prefer Elite, DISCOVERY Titanium
Originally Posted by VishalSFO
Hello

just a quick question.

I am going to purchase flight from Sfo to bom via del all on air india z class fare. Aegean is giving 200% ...will I earn 50,472 on Aegean gold tier because of the class I am flying ? I have no status with Aegean but starting from scratch...

thanks in advance
how you get the 50472?
Old Sep 13, 2018, 10:18 am

You can, of course, monitor the mileage run forum. Maybe you get lucky.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 10:23 am

Hello

i used a mileage calculator website and just punched in the itinerary and gave me 50k plus after adding 200%.. but now I get the calculations. I used to be United 1k several years ago but there’s no point crediting their because of pqd.

My my company is flying me out twice on the same route but just don’t where to credit them. I would definitely become gold on 2 round trips and I have no plans of flying a3.

i might have to credit Asiana if the 2nd round trip doesn’t happen end of this year
Old Sep 13, 2018, 4:07 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
Milecalc asks for the booking class bonus which is not 200% but 100%, as it is added to the actual distance. That's why it's possible to select negative percentages as well.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.