Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mileage Expiry

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2017, 8:51 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by Knobbgb
It sounds like you're too late is it's been 4.5 years. Are you sure your account is still there? Is it active, or suspended - or deleted?
It shows Blue Membership and the number of miles to upgrade to Silver by 26/10/2018 (one year from today). The card that's displayed shows 21,xxx miles and expiration 23/11/2019. But I realize that's when the card expires.

Last edited by DBoy; Oct 26, 2017 at 8:51 am Reason: typo
Old Oct 26, 2017, 10:23 am

Programs: A3G, BA Silver, LH FT
Originally Posted by DBoy
It shows Blue Membership and the number of miles to upgrade to Silver by 26/10/2018 (one year from today). The card that's displayed shows 21,xxx miles and expiration 23/11/2019. But I realize that's when the card expires.
Try to book an Aegean reward ticket to see if it lets you use the miles. If yes, then it's still active.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 11:17 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
This is interesting, and the first report we’ve had which seems to show that the new M+B reset absolutely everything, including account expiry date.

The account expiry date has also been (very quietly) increased - it’s now 60 months (https://en.aegeanair.com/conditions-...nd-conditions/, Chapter 2).

The new M+B arrived in November 2014. Your expiry of November 2019 is entirely consistent with that. I think you’re safe for a while, but if you credited your account expiry would extend for a further five years from the flight date.
DBoy likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 12:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How to Prevent Miles Expiration?
Expiry date of existing miles (losing gold status)
Old Nov 7, 2017, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by palcsaky
Try to book an Aegean reward ticket to see if it lets you use the miles. If yes, then it's still active.
It allows me to book an award. I entered a request that I might want, just giving the city pair, carrier and date. CUN-HAV on Copa. Next thing I knew I was told that my request has been submitted and a rep would contact me. I did confirm my request, but didn't expect it to be submitted.

I didn't pick flight times, nor was I told how many miles it might take. I probably don't want this flight. Is any of this normal?
Old Nov 7, 2017, 9:19 pm

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
It allows me to book an award. I entered a request that I might want, just giving the city pair, carrier and date. CUN-HAV on Copa. Next thing I knew I was told that my request has been submitted and a rep would contact me. I did confirm my request, but didn't expect it to be submitted.

I didn't pick flight times, nor was I told how many miles it might take. I probably don't want this flight. Is any of this normal?
You can try A3/OA flight directly just enter any flight (e.g ATH-GVA) and search, if it allows you to book, that means your miles are still valid.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 11:29 pm

As far as I know Copa does not fly to HAV from CUN, you'd have to fly through PTY. For that matter, there are no non-stop *A flights from CUN to HAV using any other member.

And, yes, what you described is indeed normal.

Mind you, since intra Central-America awards cost 25K miles and you have 21K plus, the award will not be possible, even with a valid account, unless you earn or buy miles.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by Jma12
You can try A3/OA flight directly just enter any flight (e.g ATH-GVA) and search, if it allows you to book, that means your miles are still valid.
See my answer to DBoy: since the cheapest award with a *A partner is worth 25K miles, he'll not find out whether his account is still valid since he simply can't book any! The only possibility would be to book an A3 flight.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 11:53 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by KLouis
See my answer to DBoy: since the cheapest award with a *A partner is worth 25K miles, he'll not find out whether his account is still valid since he simply can't book any! The only possibility would be to book an A3 flight.
A one-way is half that; thus 12.5K
Old Nov 8, 2017, 1:52 am

Originally Posted by Xandrios
A one-way is half that; thus 12.5K
Ooooops, sorry!

PS Independent of my mistake, this is the first time I see somebody planning to stay in Cuba... for ever or thinking of taking a boat back.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 10:53 am

The next day I received a call. Aegean had found a biz class award, thru PTY. I expected PTY, but I failed to mention the connection in the earlier post. I told them that I no longer needed it, since I bought a nonstop on Interjet. So that seems to indicate that my miles are still valid.

I then called customer service. The agent told me that my miles are good, but I need to credit a flight or redeem one by the end of the year. I asked several times why the deadline is the end of the year, but couldn't get an answer. So I guess I'm still unsure. I'll try crediting something, just in case. Hate to lose 20K miles.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
This is interesting, and the first report we’ve had which seems to show that the new M+B reset absolutely everything, including account expiry date.

The account expiry date has also been (very quietly) increased - it’s now 60 months (https://en.aegeanair.com/conditions-...nd-conditions/, Chapter 2).

The new M+B arrived in November 2014. Your expiry of November 2019 is entirely consistent with that. I think you’re safe for a while, but if you credited your account expiry would extend for a further five years from the flight date.
Exactly right! I just credited a UA flight to A3. My expiration changed from 23/11/2019 to 23/11/22.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 4:32 pm

Programs: TK G,UA *S
Sorry for the silly question,but is there anywhere to check this expriration date?

thanks
Old Aug 18, 2018, 8:24 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
As the miles don't expire the only relevant date is the "expiry" date of your account.
Accounts become deactivated 60 Months after the last flight credited and will be closed one year later.
So based on the date the last flight credited to A3 was taken you can do the math yourself.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 7:59 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Looks like I'm about to hit the 5 year expiry in a few days. If I book an award today, then credit a flight in a month or so, can I cancel the award and still have the account active for another 5 years? Or any miles earned prior to expiry cannot be re-credited back?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.