Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

A3 [ATH] Lounge to get major refurb in the Spring

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A3 [ATH] Lounge to get major refurb in the Spring

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2017, 7:02 am

and in case any A3 Silver members were wondering, the Goldair CIP lounge cannot accept the lounge coupons Silver members get.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 7:12 am

Programs: A3*G
Originally Posted by lycidas
and in case any A3 Silver members were wondering, the Goldair CIP lounge cannot accept the lounge coupons Silver members get.
This is why the email to silver members, didn't mention anything about Goldair lounge. It makes sense!
Old Nov 2, 2017, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by Visio
In some aspects, A3 does that nicely (eg. the wines from the different parts of Greece are presented). But for me at least, the interior and food offering plays a major role. Currently, it feels they are not trying to serve their customers with almost any kind of effort.

I don't see why the situation couldn't be the kind that all the current LH lounge visitors would prefer to stay at A3 lounge instead of other lounge. Then of course the offering would had be enhanced and the lounge would need to someway serve better the most loyal Gold members.
Food offerings aside, the A3 lounge really does need a refresh in terms of look and feel. It's decidedly 90s and tired. Even the former look of the lounge in Thess was way better.

So I'm looking forward to seeing the new look, but might still use the Lufthansa lounge the most, just because of that glorious whisky cart
Old Nov 5, 2017, 8:15 am

Programs: A3*G, Accor Plat
Tomorrow, I'll connect in ATH from A3823 to A37216 (code share with OA Metal to RHO). With the A3 lounge under renovation and the Goldair lounge possibly full, does anyone have experience if the dragons at the LH lounge may let me in with my A3*G card, even if the rules suggest they won't?

Obviously, OA is not part of Star Alliance, but then this is a special situation with temporary A3 lounge closure.

Last edited by BlackForestUli; Nov 5, 2017 at 9:17 am Reason: Details added.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 10:31 am

No, they won't let you in since the renovation of the A3 lounge has nothing to do with LH or *A. If they did, considering the lounge's size, it would look like the Tokyo underground during rush hour.
BlackForestUli likes this.

Last edited by KLouis; Nov 5, 2017 at 10:36 am
Old Nov 5, 2017, 10:46 am

OK, Thanks! So I might go and try the souvlaki (discussed earlier in this thread) instead...
Old Nov 5, 2017, 1:09 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by BlackForestUli
Tomorrow, I'll connect in ATH from A3823 to A37216 (code share with OA Metal to RHO). With the A3 lounge under renovation and the Goldair lounge possibly full, does anyone have experience if the dragons at the LH lounge may let me in with my A3*G card, even if the rules suggest they won't?

Obviously, OA is not part of Star Alliance, but then this is a special situation with temporary A3 lounge closure.
Please do let us know how things went - if you got into the Goldair lounge and what the state of the place is these days?
Old Nov 5, 2017, 11:12 pm

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by Xandrios
Please do let us know how things went - if you got into the Goldair lounge and what the state of the place is these days?
Yes please. I'm surprised nobody has reported here yet as it's been a week now. I'm travelling on Wednesday (also pseudo-OA domestic to CHQ) so I'd like to know before (4hr layover), but if not I will report back. Luckily my flight next week is 'real' A3 international (albeit extra-Schengen) so I will use the LH lounge - if there is room, with Swissport as a fallback.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 2:14 am

OK, I surely will do that and report back on the state of the Goldair ATH lounge later today.

If time permits, I'll also try my luck at the LH lounge, just to see. Doesn't hurt trying...
Old Nov 6, 2017, 2:21 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by BlackForestUli
If time permits, I'll also try my luck at the LH lounge, just to see. Doesn't hurt trying...
Honestly, don't bother - all you'll be doing is wasting your time trying to seek entrance when you could be eating or drinking elsewhere! A3 will not pay LH for access to the lounge on an OA flight, even if you're A3*G - you'll just have the embarrassment of taking a walk of shame after being refused admittance.
DELLAS and BlackForestUli like this.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 6:49 am

These lines are written from the Goldair Lounge, ATH, 15:45 local time. Entry was not a problem, staff are friendly. Right now the Goldair Lounge is at around 40-50% of capacity, not too bad.

The suvlaki place "Eat Greek" had a long qeue today at 14:30, so I left this for another visit, or a day when Goldair is 100% full.
@NWIFlyer: following your advice, I skipped the embarrassment at the LH lounge. Thanks.
NWIFlyer likes this.

Last edited by BlackForestUli; Nov 6, 2017 at 7:02 am
Old Nov 6, 2017, 2:50 pm

Quick update from today's visit to ATH Goldair Lounge:

It started to fill up from 16:00 onwards. By the time I left (16:40), 90% of the seats were taken, but it seemed that still everyone with A3*G was admitted. Staff was fast at refilling food & drinks and cleaning tables.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 10:40 pm

So if it was almost full at 1630, I can imagine that during the morning wave 0730-0830 it should be extra crowded.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 12:18 pm

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, OA Gold (in memoriam), Hertz #1 Gold
What are the food offerings at goldair?
Old Nov 8, 2017, 2:01 am

Originally Posted by DrHalxx
What are the food offerings at goldair?
The food at Goldair was OK but not great: sandwiches, a few warm snacks, fruit. Nothing to write home about.

Yesterday I got to visit the LH-lounge at ATH as I had proper A3 ticket (not A3 codeshare on OA metal). The food there is much better than at Goldair. And on top there is a decent cart with whisky and a few other spirits normally not found at lounges.
@NWIFlyer: BTW, I also noticed a few people that got turned away, possibly A3*G that had A3 codeshare flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.