Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

A3 [ATH] Lounge to get major refurb in the Spring

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A3 [ATH] Lounge to get major refurb in the Spring

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2017, 3:58 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
There is a lounge refurb going on, but it's not the A3 lounge but one of the contracted lounges on the Non-Schengen side of the airport. Not sure it's related but thought I would point this out.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 1:37 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
There is a lounge refurb going on, but it's not the A3 lounge but one of the contracted lounges on the Non-Schengen side of the airport. Not sure it's related but thought I would point this out.
I this it was already reported on this forum: a former BA lounge being refurbished to be a 3rd party lounge.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 8:51 pm

Programs: A3*G, AC, IHG Plat AMB
Semi-relevant, but literally sitting in the A3 ATH lounge now so I call it close enough.

Definitely has not been renovated since I was here last but wow, ATH. That is a lot of construction you've got going on here. I didn't leave airside since I arrived last night, but even in the B gates it's like everything's under construction.

Also, and this is possibly not a lounge-related comment, but the gate assignment email I just got seems to have beaten the screens in the lounge by at least 10 minutes (EDIT: I think it was closer to 40 minutes ultimately).

In other commentary, better coffee here than in every single SFO UA lounge put together. And the entire AC MLL network. Plus 4am opening time? Not bad, A3. Not bad at all.

Last edited by DJ Bitterbarn; Mar 10, 2017 at 9:52 pm
Old Mar 15, 2017, 9:24 am

Programs: TK*G, QR Gold, VA Gold, NZ Gold
i was just in the lounge last week. and i realise that LH lounge is much more attractive. i just hope they bring it to a much nicer quality worthy of having a flagship lounge in ATH home base.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 4:11 pm

Programs: A3, AA, AC, AS, DL, NH, SQ, SK, UA; BW, CP, HH, IHG, MB
Any news on the airport renovations? Based on comments upthread, it looks like there won't be a new A3 lounge, but I was wondering how the rest of the terminal was faring so far. Has security been consolidated yet, or is that still ongoing?
Old Mar 21, 2017, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by Tennen
Any news on the airport renovations? Based on comments upthread, it looks like there won't be a new A3 lounge, but I was wondering how the rest of the terminal was faring so far. Has security been consolidated yet, or is that still ongoing?
There are two main security outposts - one for schengen, the other for non-schengen (A gates).

The airport is a constant building ground for several past months, but apart from some inconvenience during connections, trying to figure the right way to get to the next gate, it's very civil and going with no apparent problems for the travellers as far as i've noticed.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 12:19 am

Is it still possible to get access to the LH lounge with a Non-Schengen Boarding Pass?
On my last flight in August 2016 the staff checking the BPs let me through after telling them that I solely wanna go to the LH Lounge
Old Mar 22, 2017, 4:52 am

Originally Posted by mrgreen
Is it still possible to get access to the LH lounge with a Non-Schengen Boarding Pass?
On my last flight in August 2016 the staff checking the BPs let me through after telling them that I solely wanna go to the LH Lounge
From my experience (and i've done that recently) - if you tell them you're going to the lounge, they'll let you do that.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 4:59 am
p78
Suspended

Programs: BA Silver, Aegan Gold, Hilton Diamond
It's new renovated Goldair Handling Lounge in non-Schengen zone

access with priority pass, very nice lounge, even prayer room and extremely quiet compare to third party Aegean Lounge next door
Old Mar 22, 2017, 1:25 pm

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, OA Gold (in memoriam), Hertz #1 Gold
Is it open? have you visited it?
Old Mar 22, 2017, 7:21 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Just priority pass? Since A3 is already using a contract lounge for non-shengen, it'd be possible that Aegean pax will have access too?
Old Mar 23, 2017, 5:10 am
p78
Suspended

Programs: BA Silver, Aegan Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DrHalxx
Is it open? have you visited it?
yes I visited it on 16 March
Old Mar 23, 2017, 10:17 am

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, OA Gold (in memoriam), Hertz #1 Gold
Which airlines is it serving? Any pictures?

what kind of food and booze offerings are available?!
Old Mar 27, 2017, 5:29 am

Programs: A3 Silver, BA BLUE, IHG Gold, Hertz President's circle, AY plat
The LH ATH lounge is again open since a few days. A lot better than the A3 lounge, and they still serve hot food etc
Old Mar 27, 2017, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by fbruno
The LH ATH lounge is again open since a few days. A lot better than the A3 lounge, and they still serve hot food etc
The LH lounge has opened since late December. Definitely better and more quiet that A3's own lounge next door.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.