Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

A3 [ATH] Lounge to get major refurb in the Spring

A3 [ATH] Lounge to get major refurb in the Spring

Old Jan 10, 2018, 3:10 am

Programs: Miles&Bonus *G
The lounge is now much better than before, and even if the food is still slightly better in the LH lounge, the lack of space in the latter is now more important to me. My only complaint is that the tables are not cleared fast enough from all the trash people leave behind... A3 clearly needs to hire more people to service the lounge.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 5:16 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by MrArkadin
You think that eg the dispenser at the LHR T2 LH Senator Lounge adds a fast food aspect? ...
I have never been to the lounge you mention. Furthermore, I have no opinion of that particular lounge, BUT, if you re-read my comment it was solely about the ATH A3 refurbished lounge. I understand this thread is about the ATHENS A3 refurbished lounge - and no other lounge. Have I somehow missed something?
Old Jan 10, 2018, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by tmac100
...{snip}...I look forward to my IST-ATH-SKG 4-sector A3 *G run in mid-April. But perhaps not as much as going to the Mt. Olympus area for a couple of days
When back home, please let us know about the excursion: I feel somewhat responsible for it!
Old Jan 10, 2018, 2:37 pm

Programs: A3*G
Originally Posted by tmac100
I understand this thread is about the ATHENS A3 refurbished lounge - and no other lounge. Have I somehow missed something?
What's your point here? Since when can't we use relevant examples in a debate?

Anyway, we're both happy with the new A3 lounge, let's leave it at that

Last edited by MrArkadin; Jan 10, 2018 at 2:55 pm
Old Jan 11, 2018, 4:53 am

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, OA Gold (in memoriam), Hertz #1 Gold
No hot pies in the lounge (not that I d really miss them), but it looks a bit subpar to the Schengen one!
Old Feb 26, 2018, 6:07 am

Although I belong to the few who preferred the "old " Schengen lounge to the "new" one at ATH, I was really, really glad today that they turned the smoking area into a general one, thus expanding the capacity: Due to heavy fog at SKG all flights kept being delayed and then cancelled. The lounge was close to being a zoo with all of those passengers from those flights who were waiting for better news, but they handled it fine in terms of F and B!

PS1 Amazingly enough, nobody was complaining or arguing with the personel or the Gods of fog! Ver quiet for a full airport lounge in Greece.

PS2 Small note for the aficionados: due to the sarakosti (lent), kalitsounis are back. They must have changed the supplier, though as they are smaller, and they are kept under a think layer of powdered sugar similar to what Pompei must have looked like almost 2000 years ago. Although the taste is good, the dough is also softer that for the previous ones. Pity...
DELLAS, ermis177 and Argyris like this.

Last edited by KLouis; Feb 26, 2018 at 6:13 am
Old Feb 26, 2018, 12:08 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Why do you prefer the old one to the new one? Personally I haven't visited the new one yet but my impressions from reading here was that it has improved on many levels?

Recently I stayed in a hotel that had kalitsounis at the breakfast buffet (without the powdered sugar). Quite the surprise when you expect to be biting into a cheese pie! Are these still common in Crete? Where we live (Ilia) its pretty much impossible to find them anywhere..

Also, I'm still looking for a matured version of myzithra - I love its flavour in sauces or grated over pasta or similar. I'd say I may even like it more than the fresh kind as used in (for example) kalitsounis. Actually...I think I'll have to come visit Crete one time to pick up some groceries!

/OT
Arrivals likes this.

Last edited by Xandrios; Feb 26, 2018 at 12:16 pm
Old Feb 26, 2018, 8:39 pm

OMG, this is really going OT, but I'll answer and let our Mod decide

1) First, a matter of taste, combined with the fact that they removed my favourite black couch (the one behind and facing the silent TV sets) and the new coffee machnines whose operation I simply don't learn. Certainly getting older...

2) I was talking about the non-Cretan kalitsouni, the ones that are filled with fruit and sometimmes nuts. You will not find those easily in Crete, as a matter of fact I only know one bakery that haves them. I love both kinds and, yes, you can find the chease-filled ones everywhere in Crete, yet in a distict way. The "open" ones (that I love), also called λυχναράκια, are fantastic, especially when their fresh out of the oven.

3) When I moved to Crete 35 years ago you could only find the fresh myzithra from October to March; it's now available throughout the year. As for the dry one, I recently bought one at the market (λαϊκή) which was very slightly salted. Mmmmmmmmm! Use it in a sald as well, great!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.