Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to Prevent Miles Expiration?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2016, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by GoGreen
I've been told by several people that the rules changed, and now Aegean miles never expire.
Yes and no! It is true that the T&Cs state that award miles don't expire, but earlier on they also state:

"If the Blue Member has not performed a single flight activity within a period of forty eight consecutive (48) months from the date of the last valid flight that registered miles or from the date of his/her registration, then his/her Account will be inactivated for a period of twelve (12) months. In this period of time the Member may retroactively credit Tier Miles for flights that took place within the past 12 months and within the period that the Account was active to reactivate his/her Account. It is specified that the Member cannot earn or spend Miles for as long as his/her Account is inactive. Should no reactivation occur within the twelve (12) month inactivation period, the Card and Account will be closed permanently and the Award Miles earned will automatically be cancelled."

tha makes me wonder how kdinino got through with his "museum pass"

Last edited by KLouis; Dec 23, 2016 at 9:53 am
Old Jan 20, 2017, 8:21 am

So, what's the verdict?

I have 60K+ to expire in April 2017 (haven't fly or credited in A3 since I got A3*G), originally I thought SPG transfer in or buying minimum miles ($35?) would keep it active, like a regular FFP would do..

I was Gold, now Blue member only

so now, I have to fly to credit? or buy a "museum pass"??
or maybe I should just fly somewhere ...
Old Jan 20, 2017, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by jerryhung
So, what's the verdict?

I have 60K+ to expire in April 2017 (haven't fly or credited in A3 since I got A3*G), originally I thought SPG transfer in or buying minimum miles ($35?) would keep it active, like a regular FFP would do..

I was Gold, now Blue member only

so now, I have to fly to credit? or buy a "museum pass"??
You have status in several programmes, judging from your profile, so you fly. You live in Canada.

How difficult would it be to put your A3 number on your next Air Canada flight?

Your account WILL expire unless you record flight activity.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 2:17 am

Does buy miles keep an account active?
Old Oct 30, 2019, 1:57 am

Originally Posted by H.J.Simpson
Does buy miles keep an account active?
it seems it does, or at-least transferring miles from Marriott.

my card (online) was showing Nov/2019. now is showing nov/2022 post transfer.

called call center, they confirmed expiration dates. i hope somebody can confirm this on thr end also

Last edited by hotpopcorn; Oct 30, 2019 at 2:07 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.