Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Is A3 using OA flight numbers to deny *A benefits?

Old May 8, 2019, 2:35 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: M&M FTL, Miles+Bonus Gold
Originally Posted by KLouis
That is absolutely wrong for ATH, where flights are not even announced at the lounge. It is only valid at SKG!
not valid for SKG as well. been there and never saw during a 3h layover any boardings from the lounge (some A3 flights to EU and domestic flew meanwhile)
Old May 8, 2019, 3:17 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
That is absolutely wrong for ATH, where flights are not even announced at the lounge. It is only valid at SKG!
The poster asking the question is departing SKG!
Old May 8, 2019, 3:36 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by GBobon
not valid for SKG as well. been there and never saw during a 3h layover any boardings from the lounge (some A3 flights to EU and domestic flew meanwhile)
SKG-ATH on A3/OA this week has been having buses take lounge passengers from the A3 SKG lounge to at least some A3/OA planes departing SKG.

I find it sort of cute since in many parts of the world such a close distance from plane to terminal would be done by walking to the plane along a designated path and using the stairs rather than taking a bus and then the stairs.
Old May 8, 2019, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by Dover2Golf
The poster asking the question is departing SKG!
Unless you are a friend/relative/lawyer of Chr04, or you were involved in the booking of his/her ticket, you could't know that (). (S)He never mentioned that in his/her posts! The wording of the post suggests that this is valid in all A3 lounges.
Old May 8, 2019, 8:49 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by GBobon
I suppose it's possible that there were no *G or C class that had chosen to use the lounge on the flights you saw, although that's unlikely if an Athens flight departed during your layover. Both times I've flown SKG-ATH there have been 6 or 8 pax (guessing) boarding on the dedicated bus with me.
Old May 8, 2019, 8:53 am

I boarded, from the lounge, the SKG-HER flight just a few weeks ago. While waiting, there were two more flights, one to ATH and one to a German airport, that used the same system.
Old May 8, 2019, 8:56 am

Programs: A3 Gold, SQ Gold, AT Gold, Accor Silver, HHonors Diamond, I Prefer Elite, DISCOVERY Titanium
i boarded , from lounge couple of time SKG-ATH within the last few months
Old May 8, 2019, 9:55 am

I've never been to SKG at all, but does it count if I once dreamed that I boarded from the lounge in SKG?
lhrpete likes this.
Old May 8, 2019, 10:43 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by GUWonder

SKG-ATH on A3/OA this week has been having buses take lounge passengers from the A3 SKG lounge to at least some A3/OA planes departing SKG.

I find it sort of cute since in many parts of the world such a close distance from plane to terminal would be done by walking to the plane along a designated path and using the stairs rather than taking a bus and then the stairs.
Earlier today I boarded the bus from the A3 SKG lounge. By the time the bus got to the plane, some passengers maybe 10-20% of total but definitely not more were already seated in the plane.
Old May 8, 2019, 12:00 pm

Unless you are a friend/relative/lawyer of Chr04, or you were involved in the booking of his/her ticket, you could't know that (). (S)He never mentioned that in his/her posts! The wording of the post suggests that this is valid in all A3 lounges.
My response was exactly under the question about the departure from the SKG airport.
​​​​​​
Old May 8, 2019, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by Chr04
My response was exactly under the question about the departure from the SKG airport.
​​​​​​
Yes, a question dealing with a free bag, and stating that the poster did not care about lounge access...
Old May 9, 2019, 4:54 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: M&M FTL, Miles+Bonus Gold
Originally Posted by Knobbgb
I suppose it's possible that there were no *G or C class that had chosen to use the lounge on the flights you saw, although that's unlikely if an Athens flight departed during your layover. Both times I've flown SKG-ATH there have been 6 or 8 pax (guessing) boarding on the dedicated bus with me.
I was *G and other pax in the lounge... weird (was there in February, sunny day)
Old Jun 18, 2019, 11:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K, UA MM, Hilton Gold, SPG lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Maker's Mark Ambassador
Whats the deal with Aegean? Star Alliance or not?

Terrible experience yesterday with Aegean airlines CFU-ATH.

Flight is operated by Olympic (and therefore no star Alliance gold benefits, including points or extra baggage)

Yet its...
Aegean crew
Aegean metal
Pre-boarding for star alliance
Multiple branding inflight for star Alliance (announcement by crew, inflight magazine etc.)

completely inconsistent messaging and delivery of benefits. Will avoid at all costs in the future

Last edited by timg; Jun 18, 2019 at 11:19 pm Reason: Typo
Old Jun 19, 2019, 1:39 am

Programs: A3*G, SK*G
Yep, this is well-known. There is even a dedicated thread on FT:

Understandably this can be quite frustrating the first time, since this is rather poorly communicated, especially when it is a connecting flight you booked on A3's website. You see an A3 flight number on tour booking, you get to enter your *A FFP number, and so on. Even more so when after being denied the benefits you believe you are entitled to, you find out that it's in fact an A3 metal flight, with A3 crew. I have experienced that too as SK*G. But see it as an LH flight operated by Air Dolomiti, an LX flight operated by Edelweiss, a TG flight operated by Thai Smiles, etc.

As a rule of thumb:
-Greek domestic flights on OA (A3) - no benefits for non-A3*Gs
-Intra-European/international domestic flights on A3 (OA) - *G benefits for non-A3*Gs
Old Jun 19, 2019, 6:56 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
Originally Posted by timg
completely inconsistent messaging and delivery of benefits. Will avoid at all costs in the future
I agree about the messages but if you want to travel domestically in Greece you don't have very much choice but to fly A3/OA.
ElJudioErrante likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.