Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Is A3 using OA flight numbers to deny *A benefits?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is A3 using OA flight numbers to deny *A benefits?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2018, 3:35 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Actually it seems that Turkish has partnered with Olympic for all of their flights. And the earnings are higher than with Aegean (250 vs 200 miles):

https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-n...air/index.html
Old Sep 23, 2018, 4:14 pm

Yeah, that's what I meant. That is a full OA-TK partnership and not the usual *A gold. Meaning that if a TK gold is flying e.g. ATH-RHO on OA will get all beneftis
Old Sep 29, 2018, 3:36 pm

Programs: A3, BA, OZ,
Question. And sorry if this was already mentioned. Does anybody know lounge guesting policy when it comes to this?
For example, if I (as A3 Gold) am flying Olympic, and I have a friend flying on Swiss, can I guest them into the Aegean lounge?
What about the reverse? (If I am flying Swiss, with a friend flying Olympic)
Just kind of curious.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 8:40 am

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by AlwaysFlyStar
Question. And sorry if this was already mentioned. Does anybody know lounge guesting policy when it comes to this?
For example, if I (as A3 Gold) am flying Olympic, and I have a friend flying on Swiss, can I guest them into the Aegean lounge?
What about the reverse? (If I am flying Swiss, with a friend flying Olympic)
Just kind of curious.
Should work, but the definitive answer you will only get from the lounge dragons on place:
https://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbon...-program/gold/

Access to all Aegean Club Lounges
Enjoy more time before your departure, relaxing in our "Aegean Club Lounges" (Athens, Thessaloniki and Larnaka). The benefit can be used by you and a guest, when travelling with Aegean, Olympic Air or any Star Alliance member airline. A guest is considered any person over the age of two years of age. Infants under the age of two years of age traveling with an Eligible Customer may accompany them to the lounge. It is clarified that the member is entitled to the benefit, provided that the Miles+Bonus member ID is included in the ticket.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 3:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
Am I right in thinking that even as an A3 gold if you are on an Olympic flight, OA flight number but operated by A3 you can't access the Lufthansa lounge in area B as OA is not a *A carrier?
Tokyoite likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 7:13 am

Programs: A3*G, SK*G
Originally Posted by lhrpete
Am I right in thinking that even as an A3 gold if you are on an Olympic flight, OA flight number but operated by A3 you can't access the Lufthansa lounge in area B as OA is not a *A carrier?
Absolutely right.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 1:55 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton D
It really sucks. With Oneworld you will get full benefits even if flying Cathay Dragon, Iberia Express, Qantanslink, Nordic regional airlines... But with SA you get nada.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 12:28 am

Last edited by KLouis; Mar 13, 2019 at 12:30 am Reason: Misunderstood the SA abbreviation; I thought you meant South African :)
Old Apr 25, 2019, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
So if its Olympic Metal with an A3 flight number you get lounge access?
Old Apr 29, 2019, 2:24 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
So if its Olympic Metal with an A3 flight number you get lounge access?
This is my experience at least from two years ago when I was flying an Olympic flight number using my United Club membership.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 1:01 pm

United has some kind of agreement with Olympic Air, so you actually earn miles flying OA

https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly/mileageplus/earn-miles/airline-partners/olympic-air.html

To keep things simple. If you fly national flights in Greece and Cyprus, fligrhs are OA and you dont have any Star Alliance privilege (unless Aegean gold or your airlines has agreement with OA)

If you fly international flights, they are Aegean and you have your Star Alliance privileges.
Old May 6, 2019, 11:18 am

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Just discovered this issue — am just about to book SKG—ATH and want to book GoLight if I still get a free checked bag as *A Gold. Phoned Aegean and they said yes — does anybody have recent experience? Less bothered about lounge access.
Old May 7, 2019, 11:52 am

If you are Miles and Bonus Gold you get 1 free luggage to Olympic and Aegean flights, of course lounge access and remember that the boarding to all Aegean flights in Schengen area is done from the lounge.
Old May 7, 2019, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by Chr04
...{snip}...and remember that the boarding to all Aegean flights in Schengen area is done from the lounge.
That is absolutely wrong for ATH, where flights are not even announced at the lounge. It is only valid at SKG!
GUWonder likes this.
Old May 7, 2019, 10:44 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by lhrpete
That’s right, but the A3 lounge in the B area is not bad. And when it comes to food, the nearby Goldair CIP lounge for Priority Pass users is better than the rest of the ATH lounges.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.