Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AV (operated by TA) flights not posting?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2016, 8:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
AV (operated by TA) flights not posting?

Anyone else having trouble crediting AV flights to your A3 accounts? Just flown a few sectors on AV in Peru and non have posted despite boarding passes showing A3 number correctly. I tried to claim them online but the request status only shows code "74" without description. A3 offers claims under AV, TA, and T0 codes and they all turned out to have the same "74" error code.

The potential problem could be that when TA was folded into AV, the Star system was not updated properly and was sending TA flight files to A3 and TA technically does not exist in the A3 program anymore? Further evidence is that NZ credit these flights still with TA flight numbers even though TA code is no longer used. At least NZ still credits but looks like A3 can't credit them.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 11:14 pm

Whatever the problem is (certainly technical), it sounds like you'd have to call them to have this solved if it can't be done through their on-line tool.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 4:39 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
I flew from Paraguay to Peru a year or so ago. Operated by TA, marketed by AV. Flight was on a booking issued by KLM, contained a bunch of Skyteam sectors - and this one Star flight (Crazy TA!). During check in I specifically asked my M+B card to be put in the system as the rest of the itinerary was crediting to my Flying Blue account.

Well, you guessed it; it did not post. Then the online tool was just hanging in a 'waiting for approval by AV' kind of state for months. Eventually I contacted them by email, sent my boarding pass showing the A3 FF number, a few back-and-forth emails, and about a month later it was credited. I suspect they just manually added the miles, as contacting AV did not seem to work out well.

I'm not sure if these problems came forth out of the fact that the main booking had a Flying Blue FF number attached to it, or something else. Let us know if and how you get this resolved
Old Oct 23, 2016, 4:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Xandrios
I flew from Paraguay to Peru a year or so ago. Operated by TA, marketed by AV. Flight was on a booking issued by KLM, contained a bunch of Skyteam sectors - and this one Star flight (Crazy TA!). During check in I specifically asked my M+B card to be put in the system as the rest of the itinerary was crediting to my Flying Blue account.

Well, you guessed it; it did not post. Then the online tool was just hanging in a 'waiting for approval by AV' kind of state for months. Eventually I contacted them by email, sent my boarding pass showing the A3 FF number, a few back-and-forth emails, and about a month later it was credited. I suspect they just manually added the miles, as contacting AV did not seem to work out well.

I'm not sure if these problems came forth out of the fact that the main booking had a Flying Blue FF number attached to it, or something else. Let us know if and how you get this resolved
Looks like it's not an isolated issue and I suspect it had nothing to do with who issues the ticket. The main issue is that AV sends TA flight code out to their partners which does not exist anymore.

Can I have the email address you used? I think it would be wise to be proactive and send in my boarding passes now. Thanks.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 5:10 am

Sure, the general miles and bonus one: miles_bonus at aegeanair.com
Old Oct 23, 2016, 7:19 am

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by KLouis
Whatever the problem is (certainly technical), it sounds like you'd have to call them to have this solved if it can't be done through their on-line tool.
Do you know, how much a phone call from Abroad to Greece costs?
Old Oct 23, 2016, 9:11 am

It depends from where. Within Europe it is indeed included with many operators nowadays. For me I can use my minutes on calls anywhere in Europe (roaming), or, when home I can use them to call to anywhere in Europe. Starting next year this should be the case for everybody in Europe (new EU rules regarding roaming).

From outside Europe it may be a different story. While Skype should be able to help - that is not for everybody as it requires some technical know-how.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 10:02 am

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by Xandrios
Starting next year this should be the case for everybody in Europe (new EU rules regarding roaming).
Not true. Not from Switzerland, altough also located in geographical Europe...
Old Oct 23, 2016, 5:13 pm
Original Poster

I assume they would have to at least see the boarding passes given the online claim form is not going through. So calling them is not going to solve the problem anyway. I have emailed them and now see what happens.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
Do you know, how much a phone call from Abroad to Greece costs?
Absolutely: both of my kids live abroad, so do sister and sister/brother in law, and I spent four of the five last years abroad. If one's phone provider does not have these cheap extra packages that allow one to call "for free", one can also use Skype or FaceTime or any other VOIP-based utility to call for nothing or almost nothing. The cost should not be a problem nowadays.

PS Just changed my "fixed phone" provider in Crete: the new one no longer has the "free" rates available. I hoped that this would keep my wife from staying on the phone for hours (yes!) talking to all people I mentioned. Unfortunately, one month later we got a call from the mobile phone company offering two hours per month to any number anywhere for 6 €. Well, two hours is better than no limit but, as I said, her iPAD is still running hot.

Last edited by KLouis; Oct 23, 2016 at 7:51 pm
Old Oct 24, 2016, 1:59 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Calling the UK local number works just as well as calling the Greek number and probably gets you to the same call centre. It is usually cheaper to call the UK than Greece from most of the world, if you are still using old-fashioned IDD over landline
Old Oct 24, 2016, 2:05 pm

Programs: A3G
Why not set up a Skype account? Then top a few dollars/pounds worth on your CC as calls usually only cost a couple of cents of pence a minute. The call quality is usually very good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.