Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Guesting someone using A3G not flying with Star Alliance

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2016, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

Hey everyone,

Might be a silly question, but if I'm flying on star alliance and using my A3G to get into a lounge, can my guest join me regardless of what airline they are flying? They are flying on Air Berlin...

Thanks
Old Oct 2, 2016, 2:18 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
No, not possible - they must be on a same day Star Alliance flight I'm afraid. That's Star's rule, not A3's. Air Berlin are in oneworld, as you probably know.
Old Oct 2, 2016, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

I thought so...but hey, a guy can always hope :-)
Old Oct 3, 2016, 9:20 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
Yup, no "cross pollination" between *A, ST, OW, and independent groups (like EK).

It is a basic rule of genetics and life too. It does explain why mules are the sterile result of an "encounter".
Old Oct 5, 2016, 3:33 pm

Programs: A3 Gold
The answer is usually no, but it depends on the Lounge Dragons. I'm an A3*G and flew DFW-IAH on UA a few weeks ago and guested a friend who flew on NK DFW-LAX at the UA Club. We kindly asked her and she said "sure no problems, we'll just put it that y'all are on the same flight."
Old Oct 11, 2016, 6:01 am

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, OA Gold (in memoriam), Hertz #1 Gold
Well you can always check in yourself, get out and then walk her in with you when you're coming back no one will check
Old Oct 13, 2016, 10:36 am

Programs: Miles and More FTL; Miles and Bonus *G; Emirates
actually.. it also tends to work if you lend your vip number when the flight is purchased... or the other trick... check in on your mobile and then share your boarding pass on apple wallet... there are no velocity checks on entries...
Old Oct 13, 2016, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by Kataskopos
actually.. it also tends to work if you lend your vip number when the flight is purchased...
I guess A3's system matches the M+B number to the pax' name and does not proceed with the booking. Never tried this, though, so just guessing that this will not work.

...or the other trick... check in on your mobile and then share your boarding pass on apple wallet... there are no velocity checks on entries...
Just suppose they want to see the non-member's plastic card...

I find it amazing that people are loosing even little time devising schemes to, illegally, beat the system just in order to have a free cup of coffee!
Old Oct 13, 2016, 12:51 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
What is being proposed here isn't just borderline fraud, it is fraud - and worst, knowingly committed. Illegally guesting someone into the lounge costs the lounge operator money for consumption and it costs whichever airline or FFP is paying for that guest money.

FT is not about breaking the law, it's about helping each other to maximise the experience within the law.

Rule 15 covers this:
15.Deceptive, Dishonest, Illegal Or Fraudulent Posting

Supporting, encouraging or promoting illegal activity or fraud upon an individual or company is prohibited.
In the light of this, I think this thread has more than run its course so we'll close it at this point.

NWIFlyer

Last edited by NWIFlyer; Oct 13, 2016 at 11:22 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.