Wiki Posts
Search

Requalification/status extension 2017

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2017, 9:21 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by pewpew
So... any thoughts on when we'll start to see those cards?
I was curious to see what happens this year if I requalified within a few days of membership year starting like I did last membership year, but the allure of higher earnings for particular flights from M&M enticed me away from my curiosity.

I am wondering if I'd get a new card this year at all though, as the one I got last year is already valid till Oct 2018.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 9:43 am

Programs: AC 25k, A3 *G, BA, Westjet Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum
I flew on November 19, LHR - YYC on AC, the miles still haven't posted yet and it is usually 3-4 days for them to do that. As a result, I did not requalify for my Gold status for 2018. I did buy my miles to ensure that the miles for this flight would be sufficient for requalification. Will they give me my gold status back when the miles finally post? If so, do I have to chase it or will it be automatic? I am wondering if they are doing other system stuff right now because traditionally these miles post quickly.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 10:20 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by pewpew
So... any thoughts on when we'll start to see those cards?
I think that most people got sent new cards when they requalified - I got one in May which is valid until Nov 18.

Originally Posted by yyccdg
I flew on November 19, LHR - YYC on AC, the miles still haven't posted yet and it is usually 3-4 days for them to do that. As a result, I did not requalify for my Gold status for 2018. I did buy my miles to ensure that the miles for this flight would be sufficient for requalification. Will they give me my gold status back when the miles finally post? If so, do I have to chase it or will it be automatic? I am wondering if they are doing other system stuff right now because traditionally these miles post quickly.
I had to retroclaim miles last year (on ET) to make Gold - they posted about three weeks after the year end, and after I had dropped to Silver, and the requalification to Gold was a) automatic and b) instant. I was pleasantly surprised!
Old Nov 26, 2017, 11:18 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
I think that most people got sent new cards when they requalified - I got one in May which is valid until Nov 18.
Ah, I see. I must have missed that. Having just requalified two weeks ago, here's hoping it reaches me before next week, when I go home for the holidays. Probably not though
Old Dec 3, 2017, 12:52 pm

Programs: IB+, A3*G, BA
Originally Posted by yyccdg
I was flying too on Nov 19th, but I only needed the A3 flight to qualify for G, as I had enough miles. Saw my S status renewed on Monday, so I called the hotline, told the nice lady about the mistake, and next day I was gold in the M&B website.

Now waiting for the yellow cards.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 10:00 am

I flew my 4 flights on Nov 5, and had to ask to claim two flights which were missing from that 4-segment run. They posted the flights immediately, and I was re-qualified immediately for 2018. Got my new card in the mail today (Canada), good till Nov 24, 2018.

For another poster, two years ago, I flew my four flights on the last day of the valid card. I was dropped to silver, until they posted, and then was flipped right back to Gold, automatically. I didn't know if it would work or not, leaving it to the very last day, but I had to plan my flights while I'm in Europe, so that was the only time I had to do it. Was very glad it worked.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 10:50 am

Did GVA-VIE-LUX and return, for work, in Z class fare with Austrian, quite cheap compared to the usual Luxair direct flight.
Wi-Fi onboard and 8000 miles posted the day after. Can't be more easy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.