Wiki Posts
Search

Requalification/status extension 2017

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2017, 1:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by gpb_croppers63
Nice theory! Unfortunately, I have a 24th November requalification date too so I stand by my comment that the mystery continues.
No, I meant you were the 123rd person to requalify on 24th May 2017, the day you took the flight that tipped you over the line.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 5:50 am

Originally Posted by DJ Bitterbarn
Requalified 2017/08/11, package received 2017/09/05, 000369GRE

For statistics purposes, of course.
The mystery is finally solved, due to DJ Bitterbarn's post: The "GRE number" is nothing but a typical example of GRE statistics!
Old Sep 11, 2017, 6:41 am

Programs: A3*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, Radisson Rewards Premium
Originally Posted by irishguy28
No, I meant you were the 123rd person to requalify on 24th May 2017, the day you took the flight that tipped you over the line.
Ha ha!! That's possible.

Originally Posted by KLouis
The mystery is finally solved, due to DJ Bitterbarn's post: The "GRE number" is nothing but a typical example of GRE statistics!
As the old saying goes, never trust a statistic you haven't forged yourself.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 11:50 am

Programs: A3*G, AC, IHG Plat AMB
I knew it!

It was all down my last data point that finally solved it.

I can go back to modelling my grocery store points program now (although that one is a lot simpler now that I just took detailed data for a year).
Old Sep 29, 2017, 8:31 am

I would like to keep my A3*Gold this year but need 7656 miles incl. the 4 A3 legs.
Started to look around for any flights from PRG via ATH to another destination.

Does anyone maybe have a tip who can i get the 7656 miles out of a 4 or 6 leg trip at
a good price within October?
Old Oct 1, 2017, 8:38 am

Programs: A3G, BA Silver, LH FT
Originally Posted by marc_m
I would like to keep my A3*Gold this year but need 7656 miles incl. the 4 A3 legs.

Does anyone maybe have a tip who can i get the 7656 miles out of a 4 or 6 leg trip at
You could fly PRG - SKG for an extended weekend and then fly as many domestic flights as you need to requalify whilst making use of this excellent €18 offer http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegean-airlines-miles-bonus/1869157-domestic-flights-sales-no-taxes.html
There seems to be good availability last weekend of October from Thessaloniki to other islands via Athens. All October flights priced at €54.16 qualify for this offer. I searched SKG-RHO on 27 Oct, every flight that day is eligible.
marc_m likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 8:39 am

Programs: SK, A3, QR

I see quite cheap PE flights from PRG to Scandinavia on SK, which - if you avoid direct flights and do a stopover - would net you 4800 miles for a return at around 220 EUR in late October for starters.

If I were you and I had the time, I would probably opt for a long weekend in LAX with SK and enjoy the weather. If you fly in Y out and PE coming back at about 850 EUR, you'll get way beyond 15000 miles, and you avoid the hassle of 4 A3 legs.
marc_m likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 3:10 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold

I would suggest the domestic sale:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegea...-no-taxes.html

2000 miles for 36 euro. You will need to fly PRG-ATH-SKG and do a few domestic return trips from there (can be done in a day). Then fly back to PRG via ATH

Edit: Like palcsaky says!
marc_m likes this.

Last edited by Xandrios; Oct 2, 2017 at 3:30 am
Old Oct 2, 2017, 5:09 am

Originally Posted by groovyfly
...{snip}...If I were you and I had the time, I would probably opt for a long weekend in LAX with SK and enjoy the weather. If you fly in Y out and PE coming back at about 850 EUR, you'll get way beyond 15000 miles, and you avoid the hassle of 4 A3 legs.
Two TATLs in three days, a weekend in scenic LA while being jet lagged, and all that to avoid the hassle of four A3 legs. The perfect example of how different people can be.
groovyfly, ermis177 and Jma12 like this.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 3:28 pm

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Not to mention fly in Y back in PE....
Old Oct 2, 2017, 8:43 pm

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Two TATLs in three days, a weekend in scenic LA while being jet lagged, and all that to avoid the hassle of four A3 legs. The perfect example of how different people can be.
I rather be in Crete and enjoy the beach with a tasty Greek Salad
Old Oct 3, 2017, 1:43 am

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
Originally Posted by Jma12
A salad when you are at a beach? When I'm at a Cretan beach I rather have a drink instead of some food, for example a pint of Χαρμα beer or a glass of white malagousia or vidiano or so

To quote one of the esteemed forum users some posts up:

The perfect example of how different people can be.

(But I fully agree I would go for 4 A3 sectors as well The US is nice, but if you can to the trip in Europe and save the pain of an ESTA, patdown, big queues and a jetlag and exchange it for some nice time at a Greek beach - be it with salad or drink - that's a no-brainer).
Old Oct 4, 2017, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Jma12
Did you *really* mean to put the word "salad" into that sentence?

Old Oct 4, 2017, 11:24 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Romanianflyer
... for some nice time at a Greek beach - be it with salad or drink - that's a no-brainer).
The no brainer would be for a salad (or two, maybe...) AND drinks, not "or", and the plural drinks!

Posting this from a location 100 metres from a Greek beach.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 8:55 pm

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Did you *really* mean to put the word "salad" into that sentence?

That's how I stayed hydrated when I was in Greece last summer I was shock that they give the whole slice of feta cheese on the salad!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.