Wiki Posts
Search

Requalification/status extension 2017

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2017, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
She usually does her travels June, July August, with a May 23 exp she has to travel earlier, now for this year she completed early travel to qualify. Next year she will be once again forced to travel before May 23.
You get a full 12 months to requalify...it doesn't matter when the "year end" is, if as you imply she does sufficient mileage on an annual basis, it will end up counting for the current membership year in which it is earned regardless of when the renewal date is.

(If she really MUST realign her renewal date to November - not that it makes any sense whatsoever to do so - then she should allow herself to fall to Silver, and then carefully plan her travel, while Silver, so that she re-attains Gold in the subsequent November. (That is a far more complex task; it also requires FAR MORE flying than it would do to simply retain Gold). The date that you go from Silver to Gold is the "renewal date" for as long as you retain Gold without dropping back down in status. Only by dipping down to Silver and again going back up to Gold can you "shift" this date.

(Note that, given that it is easier to retain, than attain, Gold, it is better to keep the existing renewal date).
Old Jun 9, 2017, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by irishguy28
You get a full 12 months to requalify...it doesn't matter when the "year end" is, if as you imply she does sufficient mileage on an annual basis, it will end up counting for the current membership year in which it is earned regardless of when the renewal date is.

(If she really MUST realign her renewal date to November - not that it makes any sense whatsoever to do so - then she should allow herself to fall to Silver, and then carefully plan her travel, while Silver, so that she re-attains Gold in the subsequent November. (That is a far more complex task; it also requires FAR MORE flying than it would do to simply retain Gold). The date that you go from Silver to Gold is the "renewal date" for as long as you retain Gold without dropping back down in status. Only by dipping down to Silver and again going back up to Gold can you "shift" this date.

(Note that, given that it is easier to retain, than attain, Gold, it is better to keep the existing renewal date).

Makes sense, thanks for the input
Old Jun 9, 2017, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
She usually does her travels June, July August, with a May 23 exp she has to travel earlier, now for this year she completed early travel to qualify. Next year she will be once again forced to travel before May 23.
How is the May 18 date problematic? She can use the flights that she will take in June, July and August of this year. Adding to them next year's June, July and August flights would mean that she gets a 15 plus period to fly the required flights. There is no way to add 6 months to the 12 month period inicated by the rules (12 months here, 24 in other programs) and this, to my knowledge, this is a fact with all FF programs. Adding months ad libitum to suit anybody's flight pattern is simply not in. Or did I miss something?
Old Jun 9, 2017, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by KLouis
How is the May 18 date problematic? She can use the flights that she will take in June, July and August of this year. Adding to them next year's June, July and August flights would mean that she gets a 15 plus period to fly the required flights. There is no way to add 6 months to the 12 month period inicated by the rules (12 months here, 24 in other programs) and this, to my knowledge, this is a fact with all FF programs. Adding months ad libitum to suit anybody's flight pattern is simply not in. Or did I miss something?
She has no more travel this year, only next year in June July and Aug.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 11:03 am

Programs: A3 Gold, SQ Gold, AT Gold, Accor Silver, HHonors Diamond, I Prefer Elite, DISCOVERY Titanium
seeking advice,

HAM-SKG-HER
HER-SKG-HAM

count as 2 sector or 4 sector? fare are cheaper than

HAM-SKG
SKG-HER
HER-SKG
SKG-HAM
Old Jun 9, 2017, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by yauee
seeking advice,

HAM-SKG-HER
HER-SKG-HAM

count as 2 sector or 4 sector? fare are cheaper than

HAM-SKG
SKG-HER
HER-SKG
SKG-HAM
A two-leg itinerary with a single flight number counts as a single flight, otherwise as two. I don't remember, though, whether they have such combined flights any more, especially after they started calling all domestic flights OA flights operated by A3. In brief, it will most probably be 4 sectors for M+B purposes.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 8:13 am

Programs: A3*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, Radisson Rewards Premium
Originally Posted by wyvern
Renewal date: 24 Nov 2017
Requalification flight: 5 Mar 2017
New card arrived: 31 Mar 2017
Code on letter: 000177 - GRE

It's good that they send them out early now - a welcome change.

But I miss the old 3 year expiry!
Well based on this post from the end of March, I can now blow the GRE number theory of being sequential based on the number of requalifications up to that date out of the water (sorry for bringing it up again KLouis ).

Requalification flight: 24th May 2017
New card arrived: 23rd June 2017
Code on letter: 000133 - GRE

The GRE mystery continues!
Old Jun 23, 2017, 12:13 pm

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, TK*G E+, ALL/Accor Plat
Originally Posted by gpb_croppers63
Well based on this post from the end of March, I can now blow the GRE number theory of being sequential based on the number of requalifications up to that date out of the water (sorry for bringing it up again KLouis ).

You are indeed correct - my requalification number in early April was 00037. The card arrived only recently. We will have to formulate a new hypothesis to torment KLouis.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by johnirvine
You are indeed correct - my requalification number in early April was 00037. The card arrived only recently. We will have to formulate a new hypothesis to torment KLouis.
The number resets monthly? Cards are printed once a month right?
Old Jun 23, 2017, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by johnirvine
...We will have to formulate a new hypothesis to torment KLouis.
Only
comes to mind:

Μπαίνω σ' ένα περιβόλι, βλέπω μια μελαχρινή
την ρωτώ για τ' όνομά της και μου λέει με λεν Κική
παρακάτω μια ξανθούλα με ματάκι γαλανό
σαν την ρώτησα κι εκείνη, μου' πε πως την λεν Κοκό

Μα θαρρώ πως θα τα μπλέξω, απ' την Κική και την Κοκό ποια να διαλέξω,
την Κική την αγαπώ μα μ' αρέσει κι η Κοκό.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 9:57 am

Programs: A3*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, Radisson Rewards Premium
Originally Posted by hydrogen
The number resets monthly? Cards are printed once a month right?
You might be on to something there.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 6:34 am

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, OA Gold (in memoriam), Hertz #1 Gold
I'm 00064 GRE and I think I requalified in April
Old Jun 30, 2017, 1:05 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by gpb_croppers63

Does that mean you do not need to start your requalification for 2018 until 25th November 2017? As any miles you accumulate between MAY and 24th November will not count as next year's requalification?
Old Jun 30, 2017, 11:35 pm

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by chongcao
Does that mean you do not need to start your requalification for 2018 until 25th November 2017? As any miles you accumulate between MAY and 24th November will not count as next year's requalification?
Well, yes IF his/her requalification date is 24th November - a lot of people's aren't now. But you're correct in your theory - any miles earned between requalification flight and requalification date don't count for anything (other than award miles).
Old Jul 1, 2017, 5:42 am

Originally Posted by Knobbgb
...don't count for anything (other than award miles).
Which, by the way, is the original idea behind FF programmes. (n.b.: my "bolding")

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.