Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Requalification/status extension 2017

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2017, 4:18 am

Originally Posted by headingwest
To be honest I think this has changed. When I reached Gold in March the threshold was passed with a 3 flight (9,000 miles plus) return trip. My status was upgraded from Silver and the surplus miles (from the 1st of the 3 flights) were actually carried over and added to the miles from the 2nd and 3rd flights (which were on the following day) to go towards the next Gold qualifying year.

Since reaching Gold I haven't flown any Star Alliance flights but as you can see the miles from my previous year have carried over.

I don't think that you need to worry Reifel.
This would be very good news! I have these flights end of May so I will report back. Thanks again for giving me hope, I would be annoyed to loose tons of miles because of this
Old May 9, 2017, 4:25 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Knobbgb
It looks, from your example, that they're getting things like this sorted out.
Yes, I think (and hope for others) that they have changed things.

Entry 3 is out of sequence but here you can see that, when the system eventually caught up, it registered the status upgrade and the flight that crossed the threshold (entry 5) on the 21st March. All surplus miles, plus miles from flights on the 22nd (entries 1 and 2) have been carried over. ^
Attached Images  
Old May 9, 2017, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Never mind...

Last edited by irishguy28; May 9, 2017 at 5:59 am
Old May 9, 2017, 5:57 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Look upthread!

I meant 'carried over' in the sense that they didn't fall into a black hole between system upgrade, as Knobbgb suggested they might.
Old May 9, 2017, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Look up!
Yes, after posting I discovered that there were other images in earlier posts which were on earlier pages not visible when I signed in to post...sorry!
Old May 9, 2017, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by Reifel
...Generally speaking T&C can't not overrule an existing law, so it's generally always possible to challenge them.
A law that regulates when somebody gets upped to gold etc? Although we love new laws and changes to existing laws in Greece, I am really confident that there is no such law here. And given that you'd have to challenge them in a Greek law, just keep in mind that you could count with a final decision in about 10-15 years from now: This is real, not in any sense exaggerated!
Old May 31, 2017, 1:01 pm

Yes, I think (and hope for others) that they have changed things.

Entry 3 is out of sequence but here you can see that, when the system eventually caught up, it registered the status upgrade and the flight that crossed the threshold (entry 5) on the 21st March. All surplus miles, plus miles from flights on the 22nd (entries 1 and 2) have been carried over. ^
So after competing my trip with Ethiopian I can confirm no miles get lost. The miles credited very quickly and A3 did automatically upgrade within 1 day the status to gold. It was not in the Database of Ethiopian that quickly and I still showed Silver on their side, but showing them the Gold Card on my cell phone was fine to get lounge access, fast track etc.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 5:22 am

Originally Posted by KLouis
A law that regulates when somebody gets upped to gold etc? Although we love new laws and changes to existing laws in Greece, I am really confident that there is no such law here. And given that you'd have to challenge them in a Greek law, just keep in mind that you could count with a final decision in about 10-15 years from now: This is real, not in any sense exaggerated!

I can vouch for that
--my wife is a Greek attorney and we have many cases from 2005 that have not even made into the courts yet! once they will be in the courts it can take another 8 years
Old Jun 2, 2017, 7:00 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by johnirvine
Mad scientists are sometimes ultimately proven right when they overturn long-held conventional wisdom - for example, Copernicus. Perhaps it is therefore time to apply a 'scientific approach' to the GRE number conundrum. The hypothesis has been put forward that the numbering starts anew each year. If so, future renewal numbers this year must all be greater than the last reported figure of GRE 177.

It so happens that I have achieved the requalification mileage today. Let us see what my GRE number turns out to be. My prediction is that the number will be 178 or higher and will probably be in the range 250-300. If so, surely even the sceptical KLOUIS would have to admit that predictive success is the hallmark of good empirical science? Conversely, a GRE figure under 177 would demonstrate that his scepticism is well founded. I will report on the renewal number in due course.
I hit the requalification target a bit after this, on May 5, and my new card arrived today... 000192 - GRE.

No clue what that means - I'm really just posting this to get a reaction from KLouis
Old Jun 2, 2017, 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
...I'm really just posting this to get a reaction from KLouis
Η σιωπή μου προς απάντησή σου! Εάν στην ερώτησή σας απάντησα με σιωπή, αυτό σημαίνει ότι είμαι βέβαιος πως θα βρείτε την πιο σωστή απάντηση ερμηνεύοντας αυτήν την σιωπή, παρά ακούγοντας την σωστή απάντησή μου
Old Jun 8, 2017, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
My niece has an expiry date of May 23,2017. What does she have to do to get an exp date of November? Otherwise she has to complete all her trips early in the year to keep Gold.

Last edited by djjaguar64; Jun 8, 2017 at 12:13 pm
Old Jun 8, 2017, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
My niece has an expiry date of May 23,2017. What does she have to do to get an exp date of November? Otherwise she has to complete all her trips early in the year to keep Gold.
May 23,2017 was more than two weeks ago, do you mean 2018? If not, tough luck, she missed it. If yes, the answer is no, she can't move the deadline. But she doesn't have to make all flights in the beginning of next year, anything flown till that date (e.g. now )counts.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

May 23,2017 was more than two weeks ago, do you mean 2018? If not, tough luck, she missed it. If yes, the answer is no, she can't move the deadline. But she doesn't have to make all flights in the beginning of next year, anything flown till that date (e.g. now )counts.
I meant she qualified until May 23,2018. So in order for her exp date to move to Nov instead of May would it be advisable to create a new account?
Old Jun 8, 2017, 8:28 pm

A new account is only possible if she closes the previous one, and she'd then have to start from scratch to become Gold plus loose whatever miles she's already booked. But why does she need November as a start/end, I simply don't get it: membership is always based on a 12-month period, so?
Old Jun 9, 2017, 5:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A new account is only possible if she closes the previous one, and she'd then have to start from scratch to become Gold plus loose whatever miles she's already booked. But why does she need November as a start/end, I simply don't get it: membership is always based on a 12-month period, so?
She usually does her travels June, July August, with a May 23 exp she has to travel earlier, now for this year she completed early travel to qualify. Next year she will be once again forced to travel before May 23.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.