Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

How long does it take to receive the Miles+Bonus Gold card?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How long does it take to receive the Miles+Bonus Gold card?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2019, 12:15 pm

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
OK so now I'm definitely going to go full bling and flaunt my gold tag on my luggage
Old Apr 4, 2019, 12:32 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by KLouis
Yap, that's my feeling too: I think the last time I showed my plastic gold card to an agent (loung or CI) must have been about 10-12 years ago...
You have been very lucky!!

I agree that the card is not of paramount importance, but I have been asked to show it many times - even last month at Frankfurt to get into the Air Canada Lounge. The one reason I prefer having it is because there is nothing worse than standing at the lounge reception with half a dozen people behind you while the agent finds out if you have access. I've also been asked to stand at the side of the line during boarding while they look up my number in the system.

With this in mind I can understand why someone might be a little disappointed not to receive their card quickly.

Regarding the 'Narcissistic supply.' comment, that's rubbish, because you can use the old card (there is no expiry date on those cards). I never use those anyway. To be honest, I don't like flaunting my A3 status because it makes me look like a cheapie, would much rather flaunt a LH HON Circle Member card!!!
MeltingAlf and yurtripper like this.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 3:28 am

Originally Posted by yurtripper
OK so now I'm definitely going to go full bling and flaunt my gold tag on my luggage
Originally Posted by headingwest
You have been very lucky!!

I agree that the card is not of paramount importance, but I have been asked to show it many times - even last month at Frankfurt to get into the Air Canada Lounge. The one reason I prefer having it is because there is nothing worse than standing at the lounge reception with half a dozen people behind you while the agent finds out if you have access. I've also been asked to stand at the side of the line during boarding while they look up my number in the system.

With this in mind I can understand why someone might be a little disappointed not to receive their card quickly.

Regarding the 'Narcissistic supply.' comment, that's rubbish, because you can use the old card (there is no expiry date on those cards). I never use those anyway. To be honest, I don't like flaunting my A3 status because it makes me look like a cheapie, would much rather flaunt a LH HON Circle Member card!!!
Assert dominance and flaunt all three including those that are expired.

Originally Posted by KLouis
Yap, that's my feeling too: I think the last time I showed my plastic gold card to an agent (loung or CI) must have been about 10-12 years ago...

By the way, welcome to FT and let me tell you that your "name" reminds me of my son when he was in primary school (in the '80s). Here you are:

Πάνω στη βαλανιδιά
κάθεται μια κουκουβάγια
έχει μάτια γουρλωτά
και φωνάζει δυνατά
Κου-Κου-Βα, Κου-Κου-Βα

Thank you for the warm welcome!

Ξάφνου βλέπει από ψηλά ένα σμήνος νυχτοπούλια
κάθεται και τα κοιτά και φωνάζει δυνατά
κου-κου-βά κου-κου-βά κου-κουβα-βα-βα-βα...
Old Sep 10, 2019, 8:26 am

Programs: Miles&Bonus *G
Has anyone gotten their physical card this year, after status renewal? I made my 12000 miles back in May, and have received nothing in the mail. Wonder if they are now sending it out right before the renewal period ends (Nov 24th for me, as for all ancient Golds).

By the way, when traveling to China I've had to show the card on more than one occasion. I also remember having to do it somewhere in Europe last year, but don't remember where...
Old Sep 10, 2019, 8:47 am

Programs: A3*G, SK*G
Originally Posted by blackball
Has anyone gotten their physical card this year, after status renewal? I made my 12000 miles back in May, and have received nothing in the mail. Wonder if they are now sending it out right before the renewal period ends (Nov 24th for me, as for all ancient Golds).

By the way, when traveling to China I've had to show the card on more than one occasion. I also remember having to do it somewhere in Europe last year, but don't remember where...
Qualified in late April, by mid-to-late May it was in my post box. A Greek colleague with an Athens address who qualified for Silver in mid-August was telling me yesterday that she had just received her welcome package.

It's not uncommon to be asked for your *G card, especially in smaller outstations or in places outside Europe where A3 has no presence. Has happened to me in CHC, DPS, and USM, among others. Even in ARN once, but this was a rather special case as the agent looked completely clueless and inexperienced.

Last edited by East_and_West; Sep 12, 2019 at 7:14 am Reason: typo fixed: received my card in May, not April
Old Sep 12, 2019, 4:23 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by East_and_West
Qualified in late April, by mid-to-late April it was in my post box. A Greek colleague with an Athens address who qualified for Silver in mid-August was telling me yesterday that she had just received her welcome package.

It's not uncommon to be asked for your *G card, especially in smaller outstations or in places outside Europe where A3 has no presence. Has happened to me in CHC, DPS, and USM, among others. Even in ARN once, but this was a rather special case as the agent looked completely clueless and inexperienced.
Wow - that really is impressive! I also got mine already, although a little later, sometime in July I think.
East_and_West likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 7:15 am

Programs: A3*G, SK*G
Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
Wow - that really is impressive! I also got mine already, although a little later, sometime in July I think.
This has a simple answer: Aegean knows by now that I am going to qualify anyway so they send my card in advance. Don't they do this for you?
It should be mid-to-late May, I have fixed that now. Thanks Stewie Mac for pointing that out!
Stewie Mac likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 11:10 pm

Another point here: Qualified early January (sooner than ever this year) and my new card was in my mailbox (Netherlands) by end of January.
Tokyoite likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 10:13 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Re-qualified in late December (qualification reset date is FEB 1 so had over a month to spare) - still no updated card.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 9:18 am

Requalified on 27th December 2019, received the card today 6th March 2020. I live in Greece.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 10:37 am

Programs: A3G, BA Silver, LH FT
I requalified mid November, still no card. Status renews in 5 days
Old Mar 6, 2020, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by Chr04
Requalified on 27th December 2019, received the card today 6th March 2020. I live in Greece.
Did you get the new style card?
Old Mar 8, 2020, 1:56 am

Originally Posted by DELLAS
No, i got the old one
Old Mar 8, 2020, 8:25 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by DELLAS
Did I miss something?
What does the new design look like?
Old Mar 20, 2020, 7:09 am

my fiance's Gold card arrived today 20. March (Bratislava), became Gold 26/01/2020.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.