Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles&Bonus
Reload this Page >

The new Aegean iPhone [and Android] apps are finally out!

Old Dec 10, 15, 3:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G

Just before holiday travels. Unsurprisingly it follows the aesthetics and functionality of their newly redesigned website.

Last edited by MrArkadin; Dec 10, 15 at 3:44 am
Old Dec 10, 15, 4:01 am

Programs: AFKL Gold, A3 Gold
Thanks for the heads up. It looks a little nicer, but more importantly, the earnings tables are now readable on iOS. Previously the earnings tables would only display properly on a PC.
Old Dec 10, 15, 4:21 am

It's great much better than the old version. Lots of handy easy to find functions. Love the look too. ^

Old Dec 10, 15, 4:23 am

Old Dec 10, 15, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

Played around with the app. A good overall experience, I did discover 2 issues though:

- Everytime I quit the app I have to login again
- I have to manually enter my bookings. No "your bookings" as in the website
Old Dec 10, 15, 1:33 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold)
Originally Posted by MrArkadin View Post
Played around with the app. A good overall experience, I did discover 2 issues though:

- Everytime I quit the app I have to login again
- I have to manually enter my bookings. No "your bookings" as in the website
Yes, I have the same issues.
Old Dec 10, 15, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

At least you can save your profile so you don't have to type in your M&B number and pin every time
Old Dec 10, 15, 2:01 pm
Senior Mod and Moderator: Aegean Miles&Bonus and British Airways

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Spire Ambassador
There's also been a release of a new Android app today - and an enormous improvement over the old one it is as well!
Old Dec 10, 15, 2:46 pm

Programs: A3*G, AC, IHG Plat AMB
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer View Post
There's also been a release of a new Android app today - and an enormous improvement over the old one it is as well!
I did some testing with the new Android app. Before it would save my M+B ID, but not password. Now, when I go into settings and add them, it just logs me in every time. So I can start the app, hit the blue "Miles + Bonus" button at the bottom and I'm in.

To test it, I manually logged out using the "Logout" button. Then shut down the app (swiped it off in the task switcher. Haven't tried a force close). When I restarted it (splash screen and everything) I could hit "Miles + Bonus" and I'm in again. No logging in.
EDIT: Apparently after a reboot now it doesn't automatically log me in... but it does save login/pass. I swear I was not making that up before. Completely different behaviour. FWIW Nexus 5 running 6.0.
I wonder if it just wasn't fully closing before (e.g. swiping it away didn't really stop it)? Oh well. Still saves password data. One step up from before.

Only complaint is that I had to do this "backwards" from what I'd expect. E.g. I had to add all my data in the settings so I could get into M+B, when I would have expected rather that it populates my data from my M+B account.... but hey, it works now. Big fan of the new app.

Last edited by DJ Bitterbarn; Dec 11, 15 at 11:09 am
Old Dec 10, 15, 3:22 pm

Programs: Miles&Bonus *G
Originally Posted by DJ Bitterbarn View Post
I did some testing with the new Android app. Before it would save my M+B ID, but not password. Now, when I go into settings and add them, it just logs me in every time. So I can start the app, hit the blue "Miles + Bonus" button at the bottom and I'm in.

[...]
That's interesting- Mine would save both M&B ID and password, though I had to hit the login button every time (I'm using an HTC One M7).

The thing that annoyed me was that in the 'My Bookings' section, it would automatically fill in the 'Name' field, but instead of having my last name, it would have my first. So I had to manually delete and enter my last name *every time*.
Old Dec 10, 15, 11:57 pm

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, OA Gold (in memoriam), Hertz #1 Gold
Guys please let us know if you use it to issue a be bp,
I hope it gives gate and time info etc
Old Dec 11, 15, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by DrHalxx View Post
Guys please let us know if you use it to issue a be bp,
I hope it gives gate and time info etc
Time info (both departure and boarding time) has always been included in the on-line BPs (be it PC or phone), gate was never (and still isn't) as this is often not known until "briefly" before the plane arrives at the airport, and certainly not at -48 hours. Mind you, as gates often change at the very last moment, I always check the monitors even if I have an airport-issued BP. It prevents me, in ATH, from going from the lounge to gate B2 and then back to B 19 as it happened to me the one time that I forgot to check.
Old Jan 7, 16, 7:17 am

it appears that on my up-to-date iOS device the app does not work anymore after the recent update by A3. After launch the screen fades into black.

Any fellow sufferes?
Old Jan 7, 16, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by mac fly View Post
it appears that on my up-to-date iOS device the app does not work anymore after the recent update by A3. After launch the screen fades into black.

Any fellow sufferes?
Happened to me with several apps a couple of months ago. The problem disappeared after upgrading to the, then, latest iOS.
Old Jan 7, 16, 7:59 am

Its working ok for me and Im using IOS 9.2

Search this Thread
Search Engine: