Possible North American DO?

Old Nov 23, 2015, 12:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, AC, IHG Plat AMB
Possible North American DO?

First up: Mods feel free to move/retitle this as necessary, because while there might be an old thread somewhere, my modicum of searching hasn't turned up anything yet.

Now to the meat of this thread: The post about drinks got me thinking: how many NA-based A3 members would be up for a meetup? Specifically I'm asking because we finally went out to our local Greek place for a work do and I thought it would be entertaining to visit them again some afternoon/evening with a bunch of other A3 FTers.

Specifically I'm thinking of YVR because it's convenient to me right now and I have no trips planned otherwise, hwoever I also assume others in other regions might like the idea (thinking back fondly to all the BD Christmas DOs I was sadly unable to attend) and might take this opportunity to organize their own. It doesn't necessarily need to be Christmas either, just getting the idea out there in general.

If there's anyone out there who'd be interested in a couple drinks one of these evenings then I think we could have a place for this? Alternatively, if you're now coping with the loss/downgrade to *S after tomorrow this could be a place to commiserate. I guess AC members can be welcome, too. If they're reading this
Old Nov 23, 2015, 3:39 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
FT has a long tradition of hosting DOs, which can be anything above one person meeting as a result of the common interests on here (although more than two usually leads to a better evening, it's true).

I would suggest you select a location (at least down to a City), and a few dates, then see which one is most popular.

We can add a poll for you if it helps.

/mod
Old Nov 23, 2015, 3:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
I think that most of our A3 regulars here are based in/around europe, which is where A3 operates.

And wasn't there a talk a while ago of a DO in Klouis's boat?
Old Nov 23, 2015, 3:44 pm

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by DJ Bitterbarn
First up: Mods feel free to move/retitle this as necessary, because while there might be an old thread somewhere, my modicum of searching hasn't turned up anything yet.

Now to the meat of this thread: The post about drinks got me thinking: how many NA-based A3 members would be up for a meetup? Specifically I'm asking because we finally went out to our local Greek place for a work do and I thought it would be entertaining to visit them again some afternoon/evening with a bunch of other A3 FTers.

Specifically I'm thinking of YVR because it's convenient to me right now and I have no trips planned otherwise, hwoever I also assume others in other regions might like the idea (thinking back fondly to all the BD Christmas DOs I was sadly unable to attend) and might take this opportunity to organize their own. It doesn't necessarily need to be Christmas either, just getting the idea out there in general.

If there's anyone out there who'd be interested in a couple drinks one of these evenings then I think we could have a place for this? Alternatively, if you're now coping with the loss/downgrade to *S after tomorrow this could be a place to commiserate. I guess AC members can be welcome, too. If they're reading this
I will be one of those member that will be downgrading to Silver tomorrow. I am base in YYZ, and I am in grad school at the moment. My exams finishes on December 15 .
Old Nov 23, 2015, 4:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, AC, IHG Plat AMB
Hmm. I'm going to need to think of specific dates, then. I guess I wanted to gauge interest in the YVR-local or generally NA-based members who might be up for a talk before committing to hosting an event. Then look at something more akin to the AC Mini-DOs or beer evenings than a big multi-day event.

And I do realize most A3 members are EU-based, there are a few of us over this end of the world. Hence the attempt to connect. And Jma12 good luck with exams. I'd offer to buy you a beer if I was planning on being in YYZ any time soon. Only upcoming trip is YXE for me, though.

That said, it's been too long since I've been to a DO...
Old Nov 23, 2015, 4:26 pm

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by DJ Bitterbarn
Hmm. I'm going to need to think of specific dates, then. I guess I wanted to gauge interest in the YVR-local or generally NA-based members who might be up for a talk before committing to hosting an event. Then look at something more akin to the AC Mini-DOs or beer evenings than a big multi-day event.

And I do realize most A3 members are EU-based, there are a few of us over this end of the world. Hence the attempt to connect. And Jma12 good luck with exams. I'd offer to buy you a beer if I was planning on being in YYZ any time soon. Only upcoming trip is YXE for me, though.

That said, it's been too long since I've been to a DO...
Thanks DJ, I will definitely need a drinks after the exams . Let me know when you are in YYZ.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 7:21 pm

I'm based in YYZ for the foreseeable future and would definitely attend a DO if one were on the cards. A good opportunity to discuss easy requalification strategies if I were to need them one year, and perhaps to make plans for such MRs together in order to lessen the pain!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.