FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegean-airlines-miles-bonus-694/)
-   -   Aegean website won't take our United MP numbers! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegean-airlines-miles-bonus/1688092-aegean-website-wont-take-our-united-mp-numbers.html)

zoomgirl Jun 16, 2015 7:48 am

Aegean website won't take our United MP numbers!

Several short flights on Aegean coming up for an August trip. I have purchased two of them already over the past few weeks, no problem entering our United MP numbers when booking.

Trying to book the third flight from ATH-TIR and it keeps saying our United MP numbers are invalid. But they are not invalid, and I have tried several times. Arg. Anyone else having/had this problem?

irishguy28 Jun 16, 2015 7:55 am

Have you checked that you have selected the correct FFP from the drop down menu, and that you have not mistyped the number or other details?

You do not have to enter the number at the time of booking. You can add it at any time thereafter, during check-in, or at the airport for instance, or even claim your miles retroactively.

zoomgirl Jun 16, 2015 8:48 am

Aegean website won't take our United MP numbers!

Yes, I selected United from the drop-down menu. I guess I will just add afterwards or at the airport, I am really bad with remembering to add retroactively.

NWIFlyer Jun 16, 2015 8:55 am

The A3 booking system should look at the *A premium customer database in real-time to determine your status. It's possible the database was down on the final booking, but fine on the first two.

Trying again, if necessary by ringing A3 customer service, should solve this for you.

Sterndogg Jun 24, 2015 9:20 am

Yep having the same issue - site glitch...called up and agent manually added UA MP to our PNR's.

Travel Entuziast Aug 18, 2019 11:22 am

Still happening in 2019

Amazingly, this still isn’t fixed. I tried to add UMP number on Aegean booking and receive error message that it is invalid. 2019.

GBobon Aug 20, 2019 5:30 am

call them and they will add your UMP no to the reservation. or ping them on Facebook, they are very responsive and helpful there as well

yonajon Mar 31, 2023 1:18 am

I called them and they were also unable to add. Same situation: was able to add the first two fine, but not the subsequent 3x pax on the same reservation. Hoping to avoid the check-in desks at the airport!

AlwaysFlyStar Mar 31, 2023 1:39 am

Originally Posted by zoomgirl (Post 24977851)
Trying to book the third flight from ATH-TIR

Sorry to be that person, but I presume you mean TIA?
Don't think A3 flies to India. ;-)

As far as getting your United number, they have a US number you can call. (+1) 833-732-8158. But if that doesn't work, can try to add through manage my booking. Can try to add at check in. But if all else fails, certainly shouldn't be any problem to add at the airport. Maybe set a calendar alert for the check in day to remind you to add it then in case it doesn't work in the interim.

yonajon Mar 31, 2023 1:49 am

Thanks. It doesn't work with Manage My Booking - it saves, but refreshing the record it is not there. On the phone she said it gives her an error about being invalid. I don't plan to do check-in at the airport, so I'd have to do it at the gate. I'll try the US number (I called them in Greece).

AlwaysFlyStar Mar 31, 2023 4:45 am

Originally Posted by yonajon (Post 35131858)
I'll try the US number (I called them in Greece).

Sorry. I wasn't trying to suggest the US number might work differently than the Greek number. I was talking to OP as I thought they are based in US, and it might be more convenient/affordable to call a US number. But if phone line doesn't work, I would guess one must wait until check in.

NWIFlyer Mar 31, 2023 6:06 am

Could you advise what flight you're trying to add your MP number to? Since this thread opened in 2015, A3 has changed the status of domestic flags so they're no longer under the *A flag, but are operated by Olympic (using A3 aircraft and crew, but that's by-the-by). There's a thread about the likely motives for this here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aege...-benefits.html

If you're trying to add a non-A3 FFP to a domestic flight booking, where there won't be any mileage earning or other benefits, then it might be the reason it's not working - although I recognise the website will allow you to select all the *A FFPs, on both OA and A3 websites, so if that's the reason you'd hope they'd have been able to code the website to recognise the OA flight and blank those out.

yonajon Mar 31, 2023 7:06 am

Don't think that's it, as it accepted two of our MP numbers, those with *G (the other three which it isn't saving are just general members). This is flight A3927.

JFKSYD2004 Apr 10, 2023 10:12 am

Do the names match on your Aegean and United accounts? About a year ago MP stopped accepting my Aegean number out of the blue. After much teeth gnashing I found the problem was my middle name wasn’t on my Aegean account but is in my MP record. I added my middle name to the Aegean account and it took care of the problem.