Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

A3-Hertz bookings - pull up on hertz.com?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2015, 12:47 am
Original Poster

After a recent A3-reservation, I reserved a Hertz car on Cyprus through the Aegean website. After I entered my Aegean booking code, the price offered was indeed better than I could find elsewhere (and I have good CDPs to my disposal).

So far so good. Now I wonder: Is there a way to pull up my reservation on hertz.com (or any other Hertz website)? The numbers provided with the reservation did not yield a result on hertz.com. Is there a known way to see it there?
Old Apr 12, 2015, 6:42 pm

Programs: M&Bonus Gold, TK Elite, Alitalia Freccia Alata, TopBonus Gold
Originally Posted by sokolov
After a recent A3-reservation, I reserved a Hertz car on Cyprus through the Aegean website. After I entered my Aegean booking code, the price offered was indeed better than I could find elsewhere (and I have good CDPs to my disposal).

So far so good. Now I wonder: Is there a way to pull up my reservation on hertz.com (or any other Hertz website)? The numbers provided with the reservation did not yield a result on hertz.com. Is there a known way to see it there?

I can not answer your question directly but having booked with Hertz through Aegean over 10 times now, I can full heartily say that the booking is firm and trustworthy (I am not sure if you're even worried but just thought I'd let you know). What has annoyed me immensely is, that even though it is claimed that one is entitled to an upgrade if being a Gold Star Alliance member, mysteriously, the upgradable class seems to NEVER be available. Hence, in all the rentals, I have NEVER been able to get a class up from what I had booked.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 1:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by theswisswolf
What has annoyed me immensely is, that even though it is claimed that one is entitled to an upgrade if being a Gold Star Alliance member, mysteriously, the upgradable class seems to NEVER be available. Hence, in all the rentals, I have NEVER been able to get a class up from what I had booked.
That is valuable information, thank you.

I would like to change the vehicle class, but I can't figure out, how to do that on the Aegean website. Is it correct that making a new booking and cancelling the existing one is the only way to achieve that? It would be easy on the Hertz-Websites. :-)

Ah, since you have rented that way before: Is the reservation number (as provided by Aegean at time of booking the rental) correlated to the Hertz contract number (printed on your Hertz contract) or the Rental Record number (printed on your Hertz invoice)? Maybe it is possible to deduct the contract number from the number provided by Aegean and then pull the reservation up on the Hertz website.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 2:34 am

When inputting your reservation number in the Hertz site, insert a dash after the 3rd digit (e.g. F123-4567890). This may work.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 1:18 pm

Programs: Aegean *G
Originally Posted by theswisswolf
What has annoyed me immensely is, that even though it is claimed that one is entitled to an upgrade if being a Gold Star Alliance member, mysteriously, the upgradable class seems to NEVER be available. Hence, in all the rentals, I have NEVER been able to get a class up from what I had booked.
same thing for me. i have never managed to get an upgrade. last week i was actually told that as a A3 Gold i could enjoy a bigger car for my 2 day rental. Great i told myself....until the lady at the desk told me that i could get it for only 10 euro extra per day. When i asked about the complimentary upgrade i got the usual answer that they have run out of the upgradeable class..
i declined the offer and got a 30K hyundai i10 which was crappy as expected.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 5:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KLouis
When inputting your reservation number in the Hertz site, insert a dash after the 3rd digit (e.g. F123-4567890). This may work.
The number I received from Aegean does not include a letter. Numbers only, nine digits. I tried anyway, but no success. I tried adding a F or G in front, not success.

Usually, my Hertz reservation numbers are "G" followed by ten digits.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 5:36 pm

Programs: M&Bonus Gold, TK Elite, Alitalia Freccia Alata, TopBonus Gold
Originally Posted by sokolov
The number I received from Aegean does not include a letter. Numbers only, nine digits. I tried anyway, but no success. I tried adding a F or G in front, not success.

Usually, my Hertz reservation numbers are "G" followed by ten digits.

So I just went on Hertz.com to check for you and when entering the Reservation Number given by the Aegean booking system into the View/Modify/Cancel a Reservation section and Confirmation Number*. I then also entered my Last Name. Mine does however include a G. I did get a Reservation Number and Reference Number though. The Reservation Number is the on starting with a G.

All worked perfectly and I could see my booking (without entering a dash or changing that number in any way shape or form).
Old Apr 13, 2015, 10:14 pm
Original Poster

Interesting. I rented in Cyprus. You?
Old Aug 13, 2015, 2:37 pm

Programs: LH Senator,*A Gold, IHG Gold Ambassador, AB Gold, One World Sapphire, Accor Gold, A3 Gold
I want to book a car in the EU with my A3 points but have no flight with Aegean so how do I do that since I have no "booking code" to enter ?
Old Aug 13, 2015, 11:37 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
Originally Posted by FlyKiwi
I want to book a car in the EU with my A3 points but have no flight with Aegean so how do I do that since I have no "booking code" to enter ?
You have to call their CS, it's not possible to book it online using miles. And please also note that miles redemption is available for HERTZ Autohellas only and is available in Greece, Cyprus, Bulgaria, Romania, Serbia and Ukraine.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Furry
You have to call their CS, it's not possible to book it online using miles. And please also note that miles redemption is available for HERTZ Autohellas only and is available in Greece, Cyprus, Bulgaria, Romania, Serbia and Ukraine.
That. Also, the value for mileage is poor in my eyes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.