Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Miles+Bonus Newsletter - language of emails

Old Mar 27, 2015, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold

Has anyone else, recently, started receiving a Greek-language version of the (apparently weekly) mailshot from [email protected]?

I'm at a loss as to why they suddenly seem to think I've switched from English to Greek. I thought last week's was just a fluke - is it just me?

(Yes, I know there is a link at the top to switch between Greek and English...)
Old Mar 27, 2015, 10:38 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Yes, and I thought exactly the same thing. As far as I can see there's nothing in my preferences that would cause me to get the Greek version, although given I'm a member of a Greek FFP, I'm hardly in a position to complain too loudly!

In any case, it still makes more sense than the Hilliergrams I get each month from BA ...
Old Mar 27, 2015, 1:18 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Still English for me, at least todays mailing was.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 3:16 pm

Programs: SAS Diamond (*G), Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Mine came in Greek so I unsubscribed! Couldn't find a way to change the language.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 3:21 pm

I get both doesn't bother me either way Im sure an email to M&B will correct it ^
Old Mar 28, 2015, 2:47 am

Programs: A3 *G
I get both too, usually a few hours or a day apart. The Greek one comes first so I see it as a challenge - see how much I an understand and then correct myself when the English one arrives.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 7:01 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond, A3-Gold
Translations for A3 Communiqués?

I received the following email from A3 on 2 August. While it's a fun way to pratice my extremely rudimentary Greek (I've also run it through Google Translate) it seems odd to me that there is no link on the top for a more accurate English version like there usually is on the ads they send out.
Am I missing something?

Σάββατο, 1 Αυγούστου

Σχετικά με το πρόγραμμα Συγκέντρωση Εξαργύρωση Συνεργάτες Nέα Υπολογιστής μιλίων

Αγαπητά μας μέλη,

Όλοι εμείς στην Aegean και την Olympic Air λειτουργούμε με γνώμονα την καλύτερη δυνατή εξυπηρέτησή σας, έτσι ώστε να ταξιδεύετε με άνεση και ασφάλεια. Τη φετινή καλοκαιρινή περίοδο, έχοντας ενισχύσει το στόλο μας με νέα αεροσκάφη, εκτελούμε καθημερινά περισσότερες από 440 πτήσεις σε 134 προορισμούς και ανανεώνουμε τα προϊόντα και τις υπηρεσίες μας διαρκώς, με στόχο το ταξίδι σας να είναι πάντα προσιτό και ευχάριστο.
Τις τελευταίες μέρες, παρατηρείται ιδιαίτερα αυξημένη εναέρια κυκλοφορία αλλά και συμφόρηση κυρίως των περιφερειακών αεροδρομίων της χώρας μας, μεγαλύτερη από τα συνήθη εποχιακά επίπεδα. Έτσι, παρά τις προσπάθειες που καταβάλλουμε, προκαλούνται καθυστερήσεις στις προγραμματισμένες ώρες διενέργειας των πτήσεων μας. Συνήθως οι καθυστερήσεις αυτές είναι μικρές τις πρωινές ώρες αλλά γίνονται μεγαλύτερες τις απογευματινές και βραδινές πάρα την χρήση των εφεδρικών αεροσκαφών που διατηρούμε για την αποτελεσματικότερη λειτουργία μας . Γνωρίζουμε ποσό ανάγκη έχετε την καλοκαιρινή σας ξεκούραση και ποσό σημαντικό είναι να φτάνετε στον προορισμό σας με άνεση και ακρίβεια, γι’ αυτό και θέλουμε να σας διαβεβαιώσουμε ότι καταβάλλουμε και θα συνεχίσουμε να καταβάλλουμε κάθε δυνατή προσπάθεια για να αντιμετωπίσουμε το φαινόμενο αυτό, μαζί με τις αρχές, με τον καλύτερο δυνατό τρόπο τις επόμενες ημέρες.
Ζητούμε την κατανόησή σας και σας ευχαριστούμε για την εμπιστοσύνη που μας δείχνετε όλα αυτά τα χρόνια.

Δ. Γερογιάννης
Διευθύνων Σύμβουλος AEGEAN
Old Aug 5, 2015, 7:05 am

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Sorry for the delays. We'll try better.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Saturday, August 1

on the program concentration Redeem Partners New Computer miles

honorable members,

all of us in Aegean and Olympic Air operate in the best convenience, so as to travel with comfort and safety. This year's summer season, having boost our fleet with new aircraft, performing daily more than 440 flights to 134 destinations and renew our products and services continuously, with a view your trip is always accessible and pleasant.
The last few days, there is a noticeable increased traffic and congestion in particular regional airports in our country, more than the normal seasonal levels. So, despite our efforts, caused delays in scheduled times to make our flight. Usually these delays are small hours of the morning but become more afternoon and evening too the use of spare aircraft that we have for the most efficient operation us . We know amount you need your summer relaxation and amount is important to arrive at your destination with ease and precision, which is why we want to assure you that we are and will continue to make every effort to deal with the phenomenon, together with the authorities, with the best possible way the next few days.
We ask for your understanding and thank you for the confidence you have given us all these years.

D. Γερογιάννης
CEO Aegean
Old Aug 5, 2015, 8:27 am
Community Director

I suspect KLouis' translation might be rather better than the one from Google Translate ...!

It does appear you've fallen into the rather nasty trap from which escape is completely random. For some months now, you can expect all newsletter and e-mails in Greek and duplicates to arrive a few minutes later.

Just before you reach the point where you can take no point and are about to unsubscribe, the missives will magically revert back to your specified language which you've never changed in your settings. There will be no rhyme or reason for this, and it could equally move back to Greek at any moment.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
Just before you reach the point where you can take no point and are about to unsubscribe, the missives will magically revert back to your specified language which you've never changed in your settings.
That has not been my experience....I'm still getting Greek emails 5 months on....

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegea...ge-emails.html
Old Aug 5, 2015, 8:42 am
Community Director

Originally Posted by irishguy28
That has not been my experience....I'm still getting Greek emails 5 months on....

Ah, that's because you haven't reached the unsubscribe point yet ...

I think my period was about that, then a couple of months ago everything started coming through in English again.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 1:02 am

Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
I suspect KLouis' translation might be rather better than the one from Google Translate ...!
Sorry pals, I'm vacationing on a God- and tourism-forgotten island in the middle of the Aegean where the Internet is only accessible on the... terrace! As it is rather hot in the sun at this time of day, and I have more important things to do from late afternoon on (a four-letter word starting with o, ending with o and one z next to one of the o's), I'll refer you to justforfun's excellent summary of that PR email.

I'll start responding to posts from Monday on, once through with my work backlog!

Bye now, have to run to the beach!
Old Feb 17, 2016, 8:45 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Question Tired of those email en greek

Hi,
I receive almost daily communications from A3 in GREEK (i don't speak this language)... my preferences are english.
It's kind of embarrassing now (even if some of them sounds interesting). Someone knows where i can change this (> english or not receive those emails anymore).
Thanks
Old Feb 17, 2016, 10:51 am

Flyertalk offer a decent search function to check if there are already subjects open :

Mods suggest thread merged to existing thread.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.