Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

A3 financial results [last update Nov 2023, Q3 2023 results]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A3 financial results [last update Nov 2023, Q3 2023 results]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2020, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by powergean
Very simple . In april Aegean had 550 mil euro cash . Accepted losses for thes year about 205 mill. 550-205 = 345 mill euros. + 120 mill from the greec banks . Is cash enough to survive 1 more very bad year ( lets hope 2021 will be better ) These are the official numbers.
It doesn't work like that sadly. Profits and loss do not necessarily have an impact on liquidity (cash on hand). A good example of this is the write-off lots of airlines did on their planes. This has a huge impact on profits, but no direct impact on liquidity.

On the other hand there are also things that impact the liquidity of the company, but do not affect the profit. The best example for airlines are pre-paid tickets. Airlines are only allowed to recognize these as profit after the service (i.e. flight) is delivered. Until that time they will have an asset (cash) on their balance sheet, which is off=set by a liability to deliver this service. For Aegean this means that a lot of the cash they had in April was for tickets that they had to cancel. They now have to pay this money back to those customers, which would be a huge drain on their cash. But it won't affect their profit in any way, because liabilities would be reduced by the same amount as the assets (cash).

So while their loss might be 'only' 205mln, their decrease in liquidity could be way higher.
Old Nov 26, 2020, 8:29 am

Ok, thanks. Lets hope, after the news about the vaccine next year they will sale millions of pre-paid tickets!
Old Nov 26, 2020, 9:00 am

In the numbers i told you, everything is include, after Aegeans economic report.
I think I got my answer.
Old Mar 12, 2021, 8:39 am
Original Poster

powergean likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2021, 9:09 am

Could someone summarize that?
romans likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2021, 12:04 pm

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Originally Posted by sapman986
Could someone summarize that?
Share capital increase. At least 60 millions.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by ermis177
Share capital increase. At least 60 millions.
Thanks.

Is the consensus that A3 will survive in the near future?
Old Mar 18, 2021, 1:02 pm

Programs: Miles and More FTL; Miles and Bonus *G; Emirates
Thanks.

most certainly
sapman986 likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 3:48 pm

Thanks.

Thes was never a question. 200%.
sapman986 likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 3:55 pm

Thes was never a question. 200%.
I don't follow A3 much. I think I've only taken flights with them 7 or 8 times over the years. However, I do recall recently reading somewhere that they might be in trouble. Good to know that's not the case as I have 6 seats booked with them later this year.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 4:06 pm

I don't follow A3 much. I think I've only taken flights with them 7 or 8 times over the years. However, I do recall recently reading somewhere that they might be in trouble. Good to know that's not the case as I have 6 seats booked with them later this year.
Is a strong company, and they have all the support from the government.
sapman986 likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 1:04 pm

https://en.about.aegeanair.com/-/med...orceDownload=0
Chiller3333 likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2021, 5:39 am

https://en.about.aegeanair.com/-/med...orceDownload=0
Old Apr 11, 2021, 8:42 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, TK*G E+, ALL/Accor Plat
And what are you expecting Aegean to tell us in the conference call, Powergean? The forthcoming financial results will surely be a disaster as with most other non-LCC airlines. Without the recent Greek government bailout, backed up by a creatively constructed injection of 'shareholder funds' to appease EU rules, the company would surely have gone under. However, Aegean is so incredibly strategically important for the Greek economy that, come what may, the airline will be provided with all the support needed to continue operating. So none of us risks losing our cancelled flight refunds. But public funding necessarily comes with political interference in airline operations (and free upgrades for bureaucrats and politicians), and this is probably the biggest risk for the airline's future.
Arrivals likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2021, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by johnirvine
And what are you expecting Aegean to tell us in the conference call, Powergean? The forthcoming financial results will surely be a disaster as with most other non-LCC airlines. Without the recent Greek government bailout, backed up by a creatively constructed injection of 'shareholder funds' to appease EU rules, the company would surely have gone under. However, Aegean is so incredibly strategically important for the Greek economy that, come what may, the airline will be provided with all the support needed to continue operating. So none of us risks losing our cancelled flight refunds. But public funding necessarily comes with political interference in airline operations (and free upgrades for bureaucrats and politicians), and this is probably the biggest risk for the airline's future.
I agree with you, i am just courious for example about the growing of ther fleet, with the new airbuses, or they will cancel to take the new planes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.