Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(not so) Important news!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2015, 8:15 am
Original Poster

(not so) Important news!

Others know about them as well, but they didn't have the guts to report them!

- Skaltsounia are back in the ATH lounge. Hurry up, will be gone in April!

- Got this from the purser in one of yesterday's flights: the reason that made (almost all) A3's FAs have this standardized bun/chignon/κότσος as a hairdo will be effective in about one month. Almost all of them got their new uniform, including the hat.

- The stickers disappeared from your BCs! To go through security using fast-track as a A*G you now have to show your gold card. I'm certain that will provide half of the FTers posting here additional reasons for complaining about the late arrival of plastic cards.

Now, wasn't intuition recently complaining about nothing new happening?

Last edited by KLouis; Mar 7, 2015 at 11:21 am
Old Mar 7, 2015, 11:23 pm

Programs: TK*G, QR Gold, VA Gold, NZ Gold
what is Skaltsounia? i fly to Greece in August so will miss it :'C

new uniform sounds great. FA looks nice in the current uniform so would be interesting to see the new one when I fly A3 next few months…
Old Mar 8, 2015, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
I thought it was a pastry but then got confused about the FA's buns? What gives?
Old Mar 8, 2015, 7:16 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Skaltsounia are small sweet pies
Old Mar 8, 2015, 8:37 am

Thank god I didn't see them. Its a weakness I always used to stock up at the Old Olympic lounge when they had them. Way too nice. ^

Ive seen the new uniforms and I am 50/50 if I like or not.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 3:50 pm

So are the new uniforms in use in domestic flights as well? Flew a couple of days ago and I'm pretty sure the had the old ones on.

Re the fast lane, do we need to have the card itself of is the luggage tag enough?
Old Mar 8, 2015, 8:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lgts
So are the new uniforms in use in domestic flights as well? Flew a couple of days ago and I'm pretty sure the had the old ones on.
They'll wear them some time in the end of March/early April. They may be "test driving" them now.
Re the fast lane, do we need to have the card itself of is the luggage tag enough?
I was told you need the card. The luggage tag would make no sense, would it (validity)? I didn't show mine, though, as there were 0 people waiting at three lanes, normal and fast track. In ATH, by the way, I always use the remote checkpoint close to gate B15 when coming out of the lounge and I back-track or go downstairs from there. There are always fewer people waiting than at the other two checkpoints in the Schengen area.

Last edited by KLouis; Mar 8, 2015 at 8:55 pm
Old Mar 9, 2015, 1:39 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
To be honest it is not that important; I have never actually been asked to show the BP (With Fast Lane stamp) or any kind of card at all. At most they ask if you're flying business, to which I always say yes. During the hundreds of times I have passed through the fasttrack in ATH I have never had to prove that I am allowed to do so.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 7:50 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by KLouis
Now, wasn't intuition recently complaining about nothing new happening?
Finally some important developments in the Greek airline industry!

Now, if they just could find a way to fire up the charcoal inflight to get me the σουβλάκι fresh grilled, I'd stop complaining!
Old Mar 22, 2015, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KLouis
... - Got this from the purser in one of yesterday's flights: the reason that made (almost all) A3's FAs have this standardized bun/chignon/κότσος as a hairdo will be effective in about one month. Almost all of them got their new uniform, including the hat...
Got it from another purser on Saturday: the new uniforms will be worn from April 1 (yes!) on.

Preview: one can already see them in A3's newest (Greek) TV commercial.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by Xandrios
To be honest it is not that important; I have never actually been asked to show the BP (With Fast Lane stamp) or any kind of card at all. At most they ask if you're flying business, to which I always say yes. During the hundreds of times I have passed through the fasttrack in ATH I have never had to prove that I am allowed to do so.
Yep, for better or worse nobody checks eligibility for fast lane at ATH. On the other hand, this concept is relatively new for greek airports, most people are not even aware of it anyway (fast lane tacked away in the back), and the stakes are generally low, as traffic at ATH is relatively low and security lanes not too crowded, at least not until full summer season kicks in.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 9:55 pm
Original Poster

This is really bad: No more peanuts! As of a few days ago, peanuts were banned from both planes and lounges. They've been replaced with salty "biscuits". I was told, they'll not come back. I think that there must have been complaints with respect to peanut allergies, but this is only a guess.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ok, how about the always 2-person in the cockpit policy, how is A3 doing with this, do we know anything about it, forget the peanuts for a moment , let's focus on pilot suicide prevention first...
Old Mar 27, 2015, 10:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nk15
Ok, how about the always 2-person in the cockpit policy, how is A3 doing with this, do we know anything about it, forget the peanuts for a moment , let's focus on pilot suicide prevention first...
As much as I sympathise with the families of the victims of this amazing act, I really wonder whether we should be discussing, among non-experts, "pilot suicide prevention", especially in a thread dealing, among others, with peanuts. With ten thousands of flights world-wide daily, times 365, times so many years, what were the chances events similar to this can be prevented in the future? And, please, allow me to want to discuss the peanuts and other minor, irrelevant and insignificant items "first", especially after having spent 26 hours in planes and airports in three continents in the last couple of days.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ok, we can do peanuts first, 26 hours, that's a lot of miles, it sounds like someone already secured their A3 Gold for next year?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.