Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2019, 1:31 am

Although a bit off-topic, I wanted to confirm KLouis experience with the Swiss Lounges at GVA. Small, too many people and food is mediocre. Drinks are ok though I would say
Old Jun 8, 2019, 7:19 am

It seems to be true, indeed, that things don't change easily in Switzerland!
Old Jun 9, 2019, 8:36 am

I need to wait for my friend in Athens airport , she will arrive 3 1/2 hours after I do -- I will come from Geneva in business class I would like to wait in a lounge -- any lounges NOT airside? -- or any suggestions?
THANKS
Old Jun 9, 2019, 11:19 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by SPLP007
I need to wait for my friend in Athens airport , she will arrive 3 1/2 hours after I do -- I will come from Geneva in business class I would like to wait in a lounge -- any lounges NOT airside? -- or any suggestions?
THANKS
All the lounges are airside (where you will arrive) but you don't have access as an arriving passenger - unless you're connecting onto another *A flight. Probably the best place would be to relax in the Sofitel hotel just across the road from the terminal. It's out of my price bracket so I've no first-hand experience, but I have friends who have taken drinks or a meal there while waiting. I think you can even pay to use their gym and pool.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 3:09 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Unfortunately I don't have enough miles to check upgrade availability on Aegean's website for A3-609 LHR-ATH on 9th November and A3-862 ATH-VIE on 10th Nov. I would be most grateful if someone could check for me.

I think it was possible to check on the UA site, but it seems you have to be registered now.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 3:46 am

Programs: A3*G, SK*G
Originally Posted by headingwest
Unfortunately I don't have enough miles to check upgrade availability on Aegean's website for A3-609 LHR-ATH on 9th November and A3-862 ATH-VIE on 10th Nov. I would be most grateful if someone could check for me.

I think it was possible to check on the UA site, but it seems you have to be registered now.
A positive on 609, a negative on 862:

Old Jun 10, 2019, 3:54 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by East_and_West
A positive on 609, a negative on 862:
Thank you so much East_and_West ^
Old Jun 10, 2019, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by headingwest
Just click on the X in the upper right corner of the pop-up notice which says "Sign into your Mileage Plus account," and you can search without being registered.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by RedChili
Just click on the X in the upper right corner of the pop-up notice which says "Sign into your Mileage Plus account," and you can search without being registered.
Thank you for that, I didn't realise. So I checked the following week and both flights were upgradable. Booked, upgraded and hopefully Gold attained for another year. ^
Old Jun 13, 2019, 9:14 am

Some quick noob questions:
  1. In case you redeem award miles for a flight segment, will they count as flight segments towards your status?
  2. In case I get to silver status with 3 flight segments on the same day, will the 1 extra segment be reported for gold status accrual?
  3. My miles accrual deadline is March, but if I get silver status on November, will my period reset to 1 year from November? Then again, if I get gold status in December will that get reset again?
Thanks
Old Jun 13, 2019, 6:57 pm

Programs: A3 *G & FB G
1. No
2. No. Except if the 2 flights make you Silver and the 3rd will count for Gold, but I am not sure if the flights are close to each other it might not.
3. Yes
Old Jun 13, 2019, 8:46 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Is 1h05 in Athens for Aug 12, CFU-ATH-LHR all OA/A3, doable or should I be prepared for the misconnection?
Old Jun 14, 2019, 1:07 am

Originally Posted by pewpew
Is 1h05 in Athens for Aug 12, CFU-ATH-LHR all OA/A3, doable or should I be prepared for the misconnection?
I assume the noon flight? 1225-1330? You should be ok (in general). make sure your 2 segments are in 1 ticket.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 4:33 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by jerry_greece
I assume the noon flight? 1225-1330? You should be ok (in general). make sure your 2 segments are in 1 ticket.
Yep, and yep 1 ticket. Thanks!
Old Jun 14, 2019, 12:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
Well, I swear I have searched for this but I'm not getting any useful answers.

Looking at my transactions for this year I shows I have 18,170 miles - both tier and award. Right next to this, there is a box that says:

To upgrade to Silver tier I still need: 5,830 Tier Miles

Unless my math is wrong, I should already be at Silver, no? Am I missing something? Some of these miles were earned on flights in the last week. They have credited but I wonder if there is a delay in moving me to the next tier? I can't help but notice that 18170+5830 is 24000 miles, the amount I need for Gold. I still show as Blue so I wonder if there is an error someplace.

Thanks for any help or insight you guys can offer!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.